• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having trouble with Pit.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
My friend mains pit, i cannot for the life of me stop him, he keeps his distance, spamming arrows, i try to nade him, but they just aren't enough, pits also faster too.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
I don't really play any Pit players (he sucks imo, never seen a very good Pit player at all actually) but I would probably say use mines/grab/a attacks/aerials. lol that might not help a whole lot... but anyways, you can probably just crawl under his arrows since he would have to time them to hit u. That's what I did against my friend's Falco until he picked up Wolf... :(

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I don't really play any Pit players (he sucks imo, never seen a very good Pit player at all actually) but I would probably say use mines/grab/a attacks/aerials. lol that might not help a whole lot... but anyways, you can probably just crawl under his arrows since he would have to time them to hit u. That's what I did against my friend's Falco until he picked up Wolf... :(
Crawling is hit and miss because Pit can curve his arrows toward the ground to hit a crawling Snake.

My best advice is to stay grounded. Don't try to out aerial Pit unless you are sure you will connect. He can really mess you up if you end up above him.

Also nakita and mortar is your friend for edge gaurding.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
When aren't they? hehe.
True that.

Also, you want to space yourself out, but not too far. Too close and you can't use grenades well, too far and you will get arrow spammed. Stay far enough away to do a Snake dash to close the distance, but not an inch more.

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
my little brother mains pit and it's really the only character he EVER beats my snake with. If we do mirror match pit I usually win, but with snake he usually wins.

I think this matchup might just be pit's.

arrow spam owns snake and the speed of his moves makes it hard to approach, especially from the air (bad habit, i was a jigglypuff player in melee, I always want to air approach).

B1ah

Smash Rookie
Thank god I'm not the only one having problems with Pit, the little bugger such a pain in the ***, the only thing I can say is stick a c4 up his *** and hope he does not make contact with you, hes really anoying to hit with his arrows, but truthfully most of the time is a fight of patience and who knows how to dodge better, which I'm good at dodging but I hate those LONG LONG rounds.

VU!?

Smash Cadet
i hate pitt. when i play with friends and cousins theres usually atleast 1 pitt at the edge of the stage shooting arrows like a *****... but i really have no idea how to beat pitt. i have more trouble with noob pitts that decent pits actually =(

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Keep fast on your feet! Try dodging the arrows (which is tough because there can be quite a barrage).

If he spams arrows, you spam grenades and mines. He'll go back and forth, but he'll have a tougher time trying to find places to land for fear of stepping on mines.

Also, I've found Snake's Up-Smash to be quite exceptional. It covers quite a bit of distance, and if you don't catch someone on the way up, the mortar will probably hit someone on the way down.

Don't rely on his Forward-Smash too much. Even though it has the most knockback, it takes too long to pull off and generally isn't reliable. His forward-A combo, his A combo, and his Back-air generally have good knockback. Alot of his tilts do. Try experimenting.

I can't emphasize the mines enough. I SLAUGHTER people with those. Level 9's don't go down easily with the C4's (Down-B), but they're still useful.

Snake isn't a player that you can use like any other. Back in Melee, there was one catchall strategy - get in their face and rack up damage. Snake's strategy is different and really makes you calculate.

He's an interesting chracter. I hope this helped. Best of luck!

Squall_Leonhart

Smash Rookie
I just got back from playing against a very good Pit player.. although he won many times - I still won more, what I'm going to write only relates to the Pit player I battled, but it might be the same case with other Pit players, so feel free to try my tips, anyway here's what I experienced:

* NEVER jump against Pit, only if you're 100% sure he's gonna get hit, otherwise you'll get punished very hard.
* the mortar is one of your best friends, use it ALOT, for guarding the edge aswell.

I found the Nikita to be useless, Pit got his shield which deflects the missile back to you, but you can use it for edge guarding, it might work, just beware of Pit's flying ability.. he can dodge the missile and hit you if you don't guard in time.

I dunno about other Pit players, but I found Snake's jab attack to be useless against my opponent, I got punished alot, so I used only the Ftilt attack, which was alot more helpful, use the Ftilt only.

He kept shooting arrows at me, so I guarded and tried to get close to him, and then I found that his attacks got a better reach than Snake's, so what I did? I knew he was going to hit me so I dodged it with the Guard+down and then punished him with Ftilt.

Pit's attacks got a better reach than Snake's, I dunno about other Pit players but I saw something interesting, I tried to throw grenades at him, and guess what? he would pick them up.. what I realized? when he does that - he can't use his normal attacks , while he is waiting to be able to pick the grenade + throwing it - you have time to act, so after throwing the grenade I immediately rushed at him and used the mortar slide, and it worked, sometimes he grabbed the grenade but didn't even have time to throw it back.. so he stayed with it in his hand after he got hit by my mortar slide.. meaning? he got hit by Snake's roll + got exploded in mid air by the grenade in his hand.

Well, that's the most important part, hope it will help you ;)

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I have to say that I really hate how Pit can just camp the whole day away, and win. My solution to campers has always, and will always be excessive aggression... that and not playing on really flat levels.

Flat, long levels really cramp Snake's style against spammers and campers.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
I play against a really good pit, and again, he camps the crap out of those arrows. I've gotten around it, but you really just have to be a better snake.

Here is the win strat against arrows. The thing is, there are 4 ways to get around them.

Crawl underneath them, they won't curve them all the time.
The knee (ftilt) will cancel them. (I don't suggest online, too laggy.)
Run forward and dodge, you'll slide through the arrow.
Powershield, take a step powershield, repeat. (be amazing.)

The thing is, you can't do just one. The interval is too quick to run/dodge everytime. Shielding if you don't do it perfectly will get down your shield. And obviously they will curve down the arrows.

Change it up and all these will get you to him, with little (if any) damage. F-TILT > better than pit.

Now that he's off, mortar ftw.

Top Bottom