• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a smash 4 player and looking to pick up melee! Good starting place?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I've watched comp melee for years now and am looking for a good place to start learning melee tech? I know about crouch cancelling, l cancelling, and teching... all the smash fundamentals basically, already. But know nothing about advance tech for each character etc etc etc. I'm planning on maining falco. Thanks for the help!

* I Know this type of thread is probably redundant at this point, so sorry for this lol *

A4k1ng

Smash Rookie
If you want to find character specific AT your best bet is to go to the Falco character discussion and look for a guide on him. Off the top of my head pillaring, multishining, and laser techniques are some things you should practice for Falco.

CrackaaJack

Smash Cadet
I've watched comp melee for years now and am looking for a good place to start learning melee tech? I know about crouch cancelling, l cancelling, and teching... all the smash fundamentals basically, already. But know nothing about advance tech for each character etc etc etc. I'm planning on maining falco. Thanks for the help!

* I Know this type of thread is probably redundant at this point, so sorry for this lol *
Good choice starting melee! With falco you are going to want to learn to use your shine, it is your best tool. Down air>fast fall> l cancel>shine>wavedash out is the first basic combo I learned when trying to start playing falco. You are going to want your DI to be on point to since your recovery is very limited. Check out this guide to learn more and get started with melee: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14scMKnw-IyD_FhOy6Pg7EAkRwu-e1YNbA06k0pwZpF0/edit#

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
I picked one up at goodwill yesterday before i created this thread. $12 and it looks great, can't beat that.
Too bad my goodwill only has ****ty TV stands from the 1800S with a lot of scratches in them and old dusty clothes that smell like old people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom