• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a dirty scrub.

MrMaples

Smash Rookie
I went to a small turni in my region just to show them my true scrubness. I'm new to the whole Turni thing, I don't know how to beat the nerves. I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to play to my full potential.

Next time I see anyone from this turni I want to show them that I am more then just some random scrub.

Sorry if this thread is bad. just need some tips

Massive

Smash Champion
Try going to a few smash meetups in your area.

Being a beginner/newbie disqualifies you from being a true scrub.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Getting comfortable with the area you're playing in before the tournament starts helps a lot. Honestly, the best thing you can have is experience with being in a tournament setting. The more tournaments you go to, the less nerves will affect you.

If the next tournament you plan on going to is a while away, putting yourself in situations where winning is more important than it normally is in friendlies can help (ie Money Matches, or whatever else you can think of).

Zodiac

Smash Master
Not giving a **** its often times the secret to playing your best.

To elaborate I found that the secret to losing your tournament nerves isn't putting yourself in more situations where you get those nerves, that can make things quite a bit worse. Instead I say simply do your best to concentrate on the match at hand, the reason tournament nerves make you play worse is because you split your focus between worrying about winning and actually PLAYING the match.

tldr; Concentrate on the moment and not the end goal.

Top Bottom