• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's English Voice (As it hear it here)

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
sleepy u must have a banana on ur ear or your watching the wrong vid , those voices SUCKS

Fox and falco are ok to me bcoz their voices are almost like the lylat wars ( star fox 64) ones but mk , ike.....wtf ike , hes like " Please , let me edgeguard you "

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Meta Knight's voice acting is NOT how I envisioned it (I didn't think that they'd change the voice that way).

Edit:

I also thought Pit's was a bit half-hearted :(

Swil

Smash Apprentice
Wow these voices are just terrible. Although I won't really care either way, since the game is gonna be awesome, but it would be nice if there is a japanese voice option.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Wow these voices are just terrible. Although I won't really care either way, since the game is gonna be awesome, but it would be nice if there is a japanese voice option.
Changing the menu options to Japanese in Melee changed the voices too, so I'd assume (or hope) that Brawl does the same.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's sounds...weird. Not terrible, but kind of detached. Somebody on another forum said it best:

"He sounds like Anakin Skywalker in Ep. III of Star Wars with more emotion." :laugh:

If you want to hear flat out terrible, listen to Jason Adkins' Ike in Path of Radiance. He's doing a much better job here. Or alternatively, fire up that video again and listen to Pit. Ugh.

Fox sounds awesome though.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
pits is so bad it makes me not want to main him anymore, falco sounds like hes from ny >.>, metaknight sounds like a mexican darth vader o.O''...., Ike isnt as bad as i feared but its still nowhere as near as good as the japanese voice. I loved his voice in japanese during his up and side b recoveries. And theres no language switch option T___T very disappointing >.>

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
pits is so bad it makes me not want to main him anymore, falco sounds like hes from ny >.>, metaknight sounds like a mexican darth vader o.O''...., Ike isnt as bad as i feared but its still nowhere as near as good as the japanese voice. I loved his voice in japanese during his up and side b recoveries. And theres no language switch option T___T very disappointing >.>
Yeah..

Still, I'm sure it will sound somewhat better when you actually hear it with the true sound quality.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Ike's sounds...weird. Not terrible, but kind of detached. Somebody on another forum said it best:

"He sounds like Anakin Skywalker in Ep. III of Star Wars with more emotion." :laugh:

If you want to hear flat out terrible, listen to Jason Adkins' Ike in Path of Radiance. He's doing a much better job here. Or alternatively, fire up that video again and listen to Pit. Ugh.

Fox sounds awesome though.
Adkins did much better in RD. Besides he is better than this guy. I hope the keep "Dai Ten Chu!"

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Lol Skeikah. Yeah I don't think his voice is that bad (though I like the JP one more) but he needs to put a little more emotion into his phrases. Though I do prefer the english Aether.

GenG

Smash Lord
lol I fight for my friends. He needs some flowers and a rainbow at his side when he says that.

Poor and softened translation can ruin a voice acting, like this one.

Metaknight is cool in a way. I love the Japanese voice but this one is really nice. Fox is OK. The rest suck hard.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Adkins did much better in RD. Besides he is better than this guy. I hope the keep "Dai Ten Chu!"
I'm pretty sure that Ike's voice in Brawl IS his voice in RD (and PoR). I went and listened to Ike's voice clips in RD, and they sound almost exactly alike.

BTW, it's "daitenkuu". And they'll change it, since "daitenkuu" means "great heaven"...the Japanese name of Great Aether. So Ike will say "Great Aether" in the US Brawl.

Martini!

Smash Rookie
Well it could have been much, much worse as far as Ike's goes. I don't know, but maybe it'll be better once we SEE the characters speaking their lines.

Narshen

Smash Rookie
I thought Ike's voice was fine, to be honest. Atleast it was better than his PoR voice. The "I fight for my friends" line is kinda lame, but I'm assuming that's just a taunt.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I actually think everyone there sounds great EXCEPT Ike. Jeez man. Some of his lines were passable, but "I fight for my friends"

I don't know what you guys were expecting out of Pit, but that's pretty much on point with my expectations.

Noble, honorable, innocent and youthful.

I bet no matter what his voice was like people would find a way to be disappointed.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Ike's voice in Brawl IS his voice in RD (and PoR). I went and listened to Ike's voice clips in RD, and they sound almost exactly alike.

BTW, it's "daitenkuu". And they'll change it, since "daitenkuu" means "great heaven"...the Japanese name of Great Aether. So Ike will say "Great Aether" in the US Brawl.
****. I liked the japenese version of his FS. Besides yelling "Great Aether" just seems weird.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Sleepy One, Join B4BC. I like Miku Hatsune too.
I could if I had a Wii to go online with. D: But I know one of my friend that have one though. I hope Brawl can hold more than one firend code data like Mario Strikers can then I would.

Oh and, yea a Miku fan. :D

XD it would have been sooo much better if meta said victory is mine instead of my desitiny
That would sound corney if he did say what you wanted him to say, if you know what I mean. That's been used too many times.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Yuck, Ike. At least he doesn't sound like he has throat cancer like his Japanese actor, but seriously.

"YOU'REOPEN!"

More like

Europan - adj. hailing from the moon Europa.

Like Ike's english actor.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Eh. The only really bad one (from Ike) was "I fight for my friends." I like the line, it fits him well. The voice actor butchered it to no end though.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
wow... Ike's was... hmm i guess it does sound like Ike from PoR... but man I wish they would kept the japanese guy his voice was awsome... oh well. His taunts still sound awsome.:)

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Eh. The only really bad one (from Ike) was "I fight for my friends." I like the line, it fits him well. The voice actor butchered it to no end though.
Yea, he killed that line. :dizzy:

plus that one taunt of him charging up with that sword...I'm sorry that chargining sound he makes, makes him sound like he's about to take a dump lol

or go Super Saiyan << good lord another DBZ reference.

Top Bottom