• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike or marth

1stMarth

Link to original post: [drupal=2250]ike or marth[/drupal]

ok say in real life marht and ike want to dule and the fight who would win. lets think marth has quick attacks and a deadly finish called critical hit and he has an great defense and is a fast person.

now ike, ike is all power he has a big sword that can summon fire.ike is a slow moving person and has a deadly finsh just like marths but ike's is called great ather i misspelled that,when he does this move he slashes you into the air and does some strong attack combos in the air the his final hit is the powerfulest.ike also has a ok defense.

im still thinking who will win
in real if they were real

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ok, seriously, please, stop spamming the user blogs section. Lurk a bit, learn how internet forums work, learn how to make a good blog, something. >_<

Also, lol, Ike was never able to summon fire in PoR. It's a mercenary with a big sword vs a princess with a rapier, where is the argument here.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
chill falcon :(

i know ike swings with both hands, and i know that marth's sword is a rapier. im just foolin around.
as you see i do prefer Ike over Marth.

all it comes down to who can fight better than the other person.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Marth would win ike is to slow in brawl plus idk
Yah but OP isn't talking about Brawl.

Anyway, I wish Ike could dual-wield swords lmao. Ragnell+Alondite=omgwtfhaxrapesauce
You'd think he should be able to. Cause he does use Ragnell with one hand as often as with two... and he never needs to use it with two.

It's a mercenary with a big sword vs a princess with a rapier, where is the argument here.
^^^ End of discussion.

:034:

sNess California

Smash Cadet
Marth has high experience when it comes to fighting, and his sword is lightweight and quick, it's obvious that marth's quickness can avoid a fast and slow swing. Marth's agility and experience gives him priority in this battle. Also for whoever who likes these types of questions, there is a thread known as "THE DEADLIEST BRAWLER" (Give credit to JOE!, KirbyWizard,and Sness California for that thread), That thread has a lot of matchups that might interest you as well. I hope i also answered your question!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike how thanks to Brawl everyone assumes Ike is one of the slowest stupidest mother****ers ever. He's a professional fighter, Marth is a princess, argh.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, we're talking real life or Smash?

If they were real people, in a staged competition situation, Ike would probably win. I'm running on the presumption that Ike would probably be in a higher weight class than Marth. Skill matters, but brute strength goes a long way.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
So does Ike >_>

That and Marth's 'quickness' were your only arguments, and IRL Marth wouldn't actually be much faster than Ike at all.

He still would be quite faster than Ike. As the Falchion sword is light compared to Ragnell.

Then again, I'm pretty sure Ike would win...
Imagine them in a blade clash.... Marth would totally get cut in half.
I prefer Marth though.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
@ Bassclef - they made Ike slow in brawl to make up for his power.. what's not to say that Ike is just as quick as marth in a real match? because im sure if he has muscle he'd be able to use it to propell himself around

Seabeesrock

Smash Rookie
Ike would get caught up in Marth's womanly looks and most likely fall in love or be distracted, where as Marth would use his fencing Basil Rathbone like skills to defeat Ike.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, Seabeesrock is correct. Ike has alternative tastes. Therefore I must change my initial assessment.

Marth wins.

18.15.2.15x12.9.14.11

Smash Cadet
Ike would get caught up in Marth's womanly looks and most likely fall in love or be distracted, where as Marth would use his fencing Basil Rathbone like skills to defeat Ike.
Nah, dude, Ike has no sympathy.
And Ike's skill is second to none. Seriously, it caps (reaches max) at absurdly low levels.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
LOLOLOL ROY WUD WIN OLOLOLOL I'M 2 FUNY! :mad:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, seriously, please, stop spamming the user blogs section. Lurk a bit, learn how internet forums work, learn how to make a good blog, something. >_<

Also, lol, Ike was never able to summon fire in PoR. It's a mercenary with a big sword vs a princess with a rapier, where is the argument here.
Lols

Marth's sword is not a rapier, look at the proportions in the game (his game, not smash), it's a longsword, and not one of the shorter variants either.

You're looking at two longsword users, overall about evenly trained, using weapons with "divine" powers.

It's a draw.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lols

Marth's sword is not a rapier, look at the proportions in the game (his game, not smash), it's a longsword, and not one of the shorter variants either.

You're looking at two longsword users, overall about evenly trained, using weapons with "divine" powers.

It's a draw.
Wait...divine powers? Well **** then, Ike wins. He fights for his friends, and God loves stupid things like that. He gets the bigger blessing!

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Wait...divine powers? Well **** then, Ike wins. He fights for his friends, and God loves stupid things like that. He gets the bigger blessing!
D=, you're right.
God loves Ike! And there I was about to lean on Marth's favor because of his womanly looks...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
He still would be quite faster than Ike. As the Falchion sword is light compared to Ragnell.
Yah but Ike is significantly stronger than Marth, Ragnell to him is like a shortsword to Marth. Mobility can't even really be an argument, they're both talented swordsmen who know how to maneuver quickly during a fight.

Yah but Marth is a woman... if anything he (he, she, same difference) would get caught up in Ike's manly looks.

Ike doesn't use a longsword, he uses a two-handed sword, one that he can wield with a single hand due to his enormous strength. Assuming the swords aren't imbued with divine powers, Ragnell could cleave Marth's silly excuse for a weapon in two.

Ike wins... unless we factor in their powers in the game (which I'm not entirely familiar with), but that depends on how IRL we want to take this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ike doesn't use a longsword, he uses a two-handed sword, one that he can wield with a single hand due to his enormous strength. Assuming the swords aren't imbued with divine powers, Ragnell could cleave Marth's silly excuse for a weapon in two.

Ike wins... unless we factor in their powers in the game (which I'm not entirely familiar with), but that depends on how IRL we want to take this.

To bolded text: That's a long sword... A long sword is a rather general term incorperating a wide

As far as strength, so is Marth, look at how he wields the sword.

Look at the sword he wields, almost as tall as his entire body, that's at least a 5 foot long sword, we're talking about the really high end long swords. You know sort of like Ike's sword.

And yes, the sword is well-proportioned for a longsword of that type, Ike's is a little weirdly proportioned though.

Also, Ike is NOT gonna be able to break it, their swords are just very close cousins.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf would win. He has a holy sword he stole from the seven sages,dark magic and he can transform into a giant dog type beast.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ganondorf would win. He has a holy sword he stole from the seven sages,dark magic and he can transform into a giant dog type beast.
But Ike beat a god. I mean come on, I heard people beat the lord of all evil, but a god!?! Who does that!?! O_o

Ok for real, looking at Marth's Falchion and Ike's Ragnell I'm pretty sure that they can able to out beat Ganondorf, but don't tell anyone. =P

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Martha can't promote classes on any fire emblem game. Ike does four times. She has a weapon which weighs 4 pounds. Where as Ike's weighs roughly through 20 pounds. Ike has a big sword in brawl Martha has a tiara. Martha is stuck in engrish while Ike can speak in sentences. Ike is basically a one man army in fire emblem. Martha has to rely on units to stay soley adequate throughout the games. Ike actually has a skill in the games they are both based in. Martha is jealous of Ike every way possible she stole his hair color. Ike slayed a goddess.
Obvious favortism is obvious /thread over.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ike is just plain scary in PoR and RD. The guy can pretty much take on entire chapters by himself and the only way that you can reasonably kill him is to have like a swarm of magic users attack him and even then Ike's skill levels are absolutely nuts. He's like Hector and Epraim put together. :laugh:

Top Bottom