• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: My new best friend.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
So on a lark I wanted to fight as Ike today, no special reason, after some warm ups in For Fun, I went into 1-on-1.... and got my ass handed to me; until I got paired up with another Ike. For the next 3 - 4 hours we fought Ike v Ike. Greeting with Taunts at the start, suiciding when the other got screwed on a recovery (accidentally facing the wrong way etc.) and just hammering in match after match learning from each other on how to play the character better.

It was excitingly fun, and we both noticed ourselves improving and synthesizing new tactics to take advantage of Ike's moveset. Eventually when we said goodbye (we got disconnected actually) I went back into 1-on-1 and won my next 6 matches as Ike.

Now I laugh everytime I rack up damage with aerials, jabs, throws and Aethers then swat someone off the screen with F-Tilt in one fell swoop.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There's a reason players want to Ike ditto so much. It's arguably more fun than it was in Brawl with less of the jankiness of jab cancelling each other to death.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
There's a reason players want to Ike ditto so much. It's arguably more fun than it was in Brawl with less of the jankiness of jab cancelling each other to death.
Am I the only person who doesn't care to Ike ditto.

Maybe beause my Ike ditto sucks.

goose32

Smash Cadet
Worthwhile Ike dittos are far and few between from my experience, I've only seen one other Ike player who knew what he was doing. Most go into For Glory trying to hit with their big moves and not understanding all of his subtleties and combos, but I'm glad you found someone to learn from. You can always send him a friend request (just go to "recently played with" or whatever, I think it's on the Wii U homepage) and continue the fight!

Top Bottom