• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike moving to top tier? (already known)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm skeptical.

But it would be awesome to have shield-break setups. Flashing eruption kills Mario at 10%. I don't think there are many characters who can benefit that much out of a shield break.

Still skeptical, though.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It has lots of potential... but it won't make Ike top tier. Not even close. It may bump him up a few spots but... I dunno. I mean, a lot of characters will all be benefiting from this AT.

:034:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well i know it won't be top tier but how many characters get a free kill if they can break a shield at 30% or sometimes lower.

Probably over reacted a bit and at this point i just hope i didn't get trolled =\

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm thinking we're getting troll'd. Hard.

If we aren't though.......top of D tier or bottom of C tier for us, depending on how situational this is.

Albert.

Smash Master
Can someone explain, what a sheild breaking setup is? And flash eruption?
A shield breaking setup is a situation you put your opponent that gives you a good chance to break their shield. can be escapable?

Flash eruption is the strongest point in Ike's charge of his B Move eruption where Ike flashes.

EDIT: woah just saw your join date I think I just got took for a fool...

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
SO flash charging is like let it charge till when he's flashing like a few seconds? And yeah I've been here forever, I rarely post. I just read a lot. And how does Ike setup shield breaks?

metroid1117

Smash Master
SO flash charging is like let it charge till when he's flashing like a few seconds? And yeah I've been here forever, I rarely post. I just read a lot. And how does Ike setup shield breaks?
Supposedly, this new AT (which hasn't been explained yet) will let Ike and other characters set up shield breaks. To be honest, I'm skeptical; but if it is true, then Ike could get some insanely early kills.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
As for further clarification on flashing eruption:
Ike's eruption (at normal gameplay speed) charges for a while, and before full charge, you hear a total of 7 "whoosh" sounds. Between the 7th "whoosh" sound and the full charge blast, Ike literally flashes with light. If you release right here, instead of waiting for full charge, you get less damage, but insane amounts of knockback that sends nearly straight upward (I think perhaps it's the move with the most knockback in the game, though I could be wrong).

Pretty much, a jab combo and then a flashing eruption kills most of the cast. We'd be using this out of shield breaks... and I believe that because of this move, Ike can benefit greater than any other character from breaking an opponent's shield (as if Fsmash were not enough).

Also...
Can you explain what an AT is?
You say you read a lot, but... you keep asking questions that indicate as though you don't. If you had read the link in the OP of this thread, you wouldn't even have any questions for us....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Also...
You say you read a lot, but... you keep asking questions that indicate as though you don't. If you had read the link in the OP of this thread, you wouldn't even have any questions for us....
For the longest time, I never knew what "OOS" meant. If we constantly use terms and never explain them, of course he wouldn't know what it means. Besides, I don't expect him to read everything that goes on here, I don't.

AT is Advanced Technique. What fits into this category? No clue. I don't bother reading into it. I just play with whatever works.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think everyone is skeptical because the AT sounds to good to be true. They keep saying its situational but if the situation ever does arise it would mean a free kill most of the time.

edit: your post made me laugh bored... idk why though

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
edit: your post made me laugh bored... idk why though
Probably because he didn't know what OoS means LAWLAWLAWL.
Kidding.
I think what made you laugh is that he doesn't read into advanced techniques, and because Ike has nothing particularly useful in ATs, Bored is an amazing player. Lol. It's like... "I don't bother with that ****. Don't need it to be good."

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
AT is Advanced Technique. What fits into this category? No clue. I don't bother reading into it. I just play with whatever works.
I remember when I first learned what ATs were, and the only example anyone ever gave was Snake's DACUS. I of course didn't even know what DACUS was back then, but I figured it was one of only a few ATs in the game, and that it was the best of those few because everybody used it exclusively as an example of ATs.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Seibrik said it is over hyped and is only useful for 4-5 characters or something.
Yah well it's his fault for leaking news of the AT before he was prepared to present how it works. He's gonna take a lot of crap for this if it turns out to be much worse than it's been hyped up to be. Who knows, his testing may have been faulty, maybe this will be a completely inviable AT for use in a serious match.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Atleast it is coming from a pretty well established player, not these random ats from random people :)

like past over hyped at's have been

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Not tier changing, not game changing. Because. That does not look like a guaranteed shieldbreak at all to me.

But the AT looks useful anyway. I'm pretty sure I've actually done this by accident and Naired to my death as a result... but didn't take note of it for whatever reason.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I was sooo excited for that shield break too... No one will hold their shield long enough for a break. The D-air follow-up looks interesting but I'm still questioning if it's inescapable or not.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He's moving up... to mid C tier. I don't know, I only know three of my friends that are good with Ike, none of them are famous but they are good. =P

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
What a shame. I guess it wasn't really anything new at all.

To be fair this is the sort of thing that happens when you tell a bunch of people about something "super cool" and then swear those people to secrecy until a (much delayed) video is posted. Hype, more hype and then the letdown. Did anyone really expect anything else? I hope not.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Can't wait to try that with Ganon. That's a pretty reliable set-up for it too, because if they roll towards the edge you can DASC, and if they roll behind you, they get chain-choked. Ganon's Dair KO's a LOT of characters super-early so a guaranteed set up for an off-stage Dair is pretty awesome. And the shield break looks pretty viable too, Bair comes out fast.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think the ganon boards already knew about it though o_o

lol

DASC seems useful for ike as well
but only for his dash into spike

everything else that was displayed for ike for offstage DASCs seems punishable in its own way

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
To be honest, I knew this already, but I never got around to attacking after I sent them offstage/onstage. Like Brett, I tended to Nair suicide a lot. I really enjoyed the Dash attack -> Nair set up -> Utilt -> Uair as well as the Dash attack -> Aether. Speaking of which, I know this was answered a while back, but I honestly forgot the answer. Can Ike jab lock? If Ike could set up a DASC to a jab lock, that would be so sick.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
DA -> Reverse Aether (meteor smash) -> Edgeguard if necessary
DA -> Aethercide XD
DA -> Bair stage spike
DA -> Fair? Would this be effective at all? I'm just throwin' **** out here. >_>
DA -> Dair, as shown in the video.

Those are all the best options (excluding aethercide, that was for the funniez, and Fair, not really sure about that) that I can think of at the time. And that was just DA -> Offstage, too. Just a quick list. Probably better options off a platform onto the stage, but I don't feel like watching the video again. :/ Now for setups...

...actually, I'll go test it more, and THEN I'll help think of setups. To the Wii! *FWOOSH*

comboking

Smash Master
How about on Snake DA -> Ken Combo

My last post was a quote from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance if no one noticed.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
How about on Snake DA -> Ken Combo
Depends if DA to Fair would even work; which, if it would, could put quite a few characters into unrecoverable territory by itself. But yah, DA -> Fair -> Dair on Snake would be pretty cool... possibly too much of a risk since DA -> Dair is guaranteed anyways and you can just do another Dair or Dtilt to spike him back down if he survives.

Top Bottom