• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike doesn't care if you dodged

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So, I was playing with Ike recently against people in the Brawl club (newly made, for competitive brawl players only), and it's so freaken funny how people react when I kill them with F-Smash and U-Smash.

"OMG! I Dodged that!"
"Wtf I was sure I aerial dodged that!"
"How did that hit! I was ABOVE your F-Smash!"

It's funny, because one person even got pissed and complained about it for five minutes, and I actually get a lot of kills because people forgot just how laggy Ike's smashes are, sorta makes me glad that they ARE laggy.

So, my friends and I came up with a little joke that we say when people complain when they "dodged" Ike's Smashes.

"Ike doesn't care if you dodged."

Point of thread: None. Post your experiences here if you want to.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
My only comment is that the range of Fsmash and Usmash is = to teh sex
Not really but **** it's beautiful.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Oh we know. We have a Lucario main there too who gets his share of complains on that too, but for some reason my Ike gets the hate more.

Not that I'm complaining. I love it when they don't know about Ike's lag and lingering hitboxes. Gives me such a laugh.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Oh we know. We have a Lucario main there too who gets his share of complains on that too, but for some reason my Ike gets the hate more.

Not that I'm complaining. I love it when they don't know about Ike's lag and lingering hitboxes. Gives me such a laugh.
That's because Lucario doesn't kill at 30. <<

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This is my personal favorite, I love the range on the Fsmash.

What I have here is a video of me getting sort of destroyed on Pokemon Stadium 2 (Ice+Yoshi grab is so frustrating...), but I manage to begin my turning point all thanks to the range of the Fsmash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jfSnWx-V8

(This match also shows that I am a sucker for quick draw! Don't bother critiquing the video, it was a really late night match, and it's pretty obvious what I did wrong, just go to Yoshi's second stock)

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, on the subject of Lucario (*mumble mumble* f-smash *grumble*). I can't say I've had this experience, actually, since I don't really like using F-smash or U-smash that much (U-smash something I need to fix, for sure). It is satisfying to throw someone off by reverse-hyphen smashing with Ike, though. The closest thing I've got is using both Eruption's and U-air's lingering hitboxes. Didn't get any complaints, though, just a painful sigh of defeat from my adversaries who have yet to defeat me in months.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Did you mistime your attack? Fsmash.
Did you trip? Too bad, you're getting fsmashed.
Did you walk forward? Fsmashed again.
Did you blink? Another Fsmash.
Does the day of the week today end in Y? Chances are, you got fsmashed today too.

OK that's a bit of an exaggeration as you might have guessed. But if you have the mindgames you can pull it off. It is slow, but just place it where you know your opponent is going to be.. :p

And on the topic of Lucario, and mindgames, I got the **** mindgamed out of me today. :( (i'm the Lucario)

Hoser

Smash Ace
The biggest complaint I get is when an F-smash hit my opponent when they are behind me, or when we're playing FFA's with items, and Ike's Final Smash hits behind him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, Ike's Smashes are good for punishing badly timed dodges thanks to the quick charge release.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
So, I was playing with Ike recently against people in the Brawl club (newly made, for competitive brawl players only), and it's so freaken funny how people react when I kill them with F-Smash and U-Smash.

"OMG! I Dodged that!"
"Wtf I was sure I aerial dodged that!"

It's funny, because one person even got pissed and complained about it for five minutes, and I actually get a lot of kills because people forgot just how laggy Ike's smashes are, sorta makes me glad that they ARE laggy.

So, my friends and I came up with a little joke that we say when people complain when they "dodged" Ike's Smashes.

"Ike doesn't care if you dodged."

Point of thread: None. Post your experiences here if you want to.
That happens to me all the time, I reply with “Ike doesn’t care if you dodged, you got no sympathy from him”.

Did you mistime your attack? Fsmash.
Did you trip? Too bad, you're getting fsmashed.
Did you walk forward? Fsmashed again.
Did you blink? Another Fsmash.
Does the day of the week today end in Y? Chances are, you got fsmashed today too.

OK that's a bit of an exaggeration as you might have guessed. But if you have the mindgames you can pull it off. It is slow, but just place it where you know your opponent is going to be.. :p

And on the topic of Lucario, and mindgames, I got the **** mindgamed out of me today. :( (i'm the Lucario)
Hahaha! That was too good!

Funnier still is hitting opponents out of the SA frames (that usually happens when they’re being Aether spike’d or Erupted to their death, which just infuriates them more):

“But…! I’ve hit you first!”

“Actually, it is I who chooses to suffer knockback, I usually do that just so you don’t think you character is such a weakling”

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Haha, I guess they aren't all that competitive if they screw up a dodge and then complain for five minutes. I can only imagine what would happen if they got infinite chaingrabbed.

Top Bottom