• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Seriously? Isn't Ganon's the shortest? I didn't realize their mid-air jumps were that close in height... unless Ganon's is just that much worse than everyone else.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah that makes sense now that I think about it; where did I read that Ganon's was the shortest?

Still though, Ike's is second shortest? Where's the thread with this data? And it must not count characters with multiple mid-air jumps or something.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I think FD > SV, not that it's good. :laugh:
Fair enough, but I still disagree, lol.

Lol, your link included your search for "Midair jump height" so all those words are in big red boxes in the thread.

I'm still a bit skeptical though because the dude says himself that he got those figures just from eyeballing it in real-time and didn't do any actual frame-by-frame testing. Plus he never really specifies what the value of 1 is on a scale relative to the other values. Guess he probably wasn't too far off but I'm still fully confident Ganon's mid-air jump is shorter than Ike's, if only by a tiny amount.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sematics, its close enough. Doesn't change Ike's 2nd jump is short

But that can be nice for on stage gameplay now since you don't jump too far away.
:phone:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ganon can't double jump onto the stage, Ike can. I doubt that Ike's is shorter than Ganon's.

Ike's short double jump is sometimes a good thing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can't ledge hop uair o.O? Maybe i just think i saw it before..

Let me check Verm's vids

Edit: Verm vs Razor, Verm uairs off the ledge onto the stage, laglessly (no aerial landin lag basically)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe there's some trick, but Ike can easily just jump back on the stage after letting go from the ledge

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ganon can't double jump onto the stage
Actually he can, but just barely so it almost never works. I've done it a few times before with an air-dodge, although I don't think an Uair or any aerial for that matter would be a good idea because none of them would auto-cancel when he lands.

But yah, it's way easier with Ike, and even easier with DK to the point of it not even being safe for DK because his air-dodge doesn't cover him the whole time he's in the air like it does with Ike.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DK has a big jump, otherwise his recovery would suck so much if he had no height in his jump.

Ganon's can laglessly land with uair thats it.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnydiAsEjTQ This is a video showing that AC Uair. And other than Uair, only Bair and air dodge auto cancel. The reason of why Ganon can't double jump offstage in a normal way can be his very tall height. Ganon needs needs to have a huge part of his body being above the stage in order to land onstage.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, guys, Ganon get get back on the ledge with every aerial he has, plus his airdodge. The timing is just extraordinarily tricky. :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah. isnt it called the zigman? i know its requires an AT to get up with an autocancelled uair. you cna also just airdodge up. but the timing is strict

also. it took me a couple of seconds to figure out if this was the ike boards or the ganon boards. they meshed in this social XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Falcon too busy moaning over how dash momentum doesn't carry over with jumping anyway. A half way across the stage falcon punch was so funny.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
yeah. isnt it called the zigman? i know its requires an AT to get up with an autocancelled uair. you cna also just airdodge up. but the timing is strict

also. it took me a couple of seconds to figure out if this was the ike boards or the ganon boards. they meshed in this social XD
Close; the flipman. I think Nyke already posted a video of me versus Razer doing it for reference. (Which I appreciate :D)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Falcon too busy moaning over how dash momentum doesn't carry over with jumping anyway. A half way across the stage falcon punch was so funny.

You mean like this??? Oh, half way across the stage falcon punch...

Vermanubis, accept my invitation if you haven't already. You get free cookies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Close; the flipman. I think Nyke already posted a video of me versus Razer doing it for reference. (Which I appreciate :D)
gah
tell me...why do ALL of our ganonic techs have the word 'man' in there at some point?
i mean everyone knows ganondorf is manly as balls. we dont need to verify it other than with our electric heels

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah. british people dont talk like that...at all
although i do enjoy using the word bloody. and bugger...but yknow

Top Bottom