• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
get this...r.o.bs side-b beats nado, so funny XD

also, i main ike again, i decided on the fly that i was bored of r.o.b and was going to ike in my tourney
i came 5th...lol?

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
That looks so gooooood...

so fail of my school to start spring break now then having to go back to for 2 weeks...

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Just realized if you switch around the letters of Sen's username, you get "Sentinel".
Mind=blown.
Funny part is, I didn't notice the resemblance until I began quad kitting guards in Katta Colosseum during the old Everquest days as a lvl 55 wizzy XD
Should be glad I don't main Sentinel or i'd be considered some overly huge fanboy XD.
But yeah, very late on seeing that red =P

Any ATL South Ikes? :D

One or two here (excluding myself since I am down in Ft. Benning), but not sure how offline active they are

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The caloric content of that pretzel is enough to supply one person with enough energy to last nearly two days based on recommended intake alone...

And it probably contains enough sodium to kill any non-American. Food manufacturers in the US put waaaay too much salt in everything. It's as if they have some deal with the medical departments to supply patients...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I like salty food too much because of the wonderful USA. I tried donating blood a couple weeks ago but the couldn't make me bleed at all because I was too dehydrated (even after drinking a lot of water).
That and they used a vein they shouldn't have tried using. Smallest vein in my arm, next to all the big protruding ones.
I need to go donate again.... I don't have to wait 8 weeks because I literally never bled.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So wait O+ blood can be used by anyone, but a O+ blood owner can not take other blood right?

My mom was O-something and they got it mixed up... I think she got some tainted blood as well from a hospital, we're damn near sure she got hepatitus C from it because later down the road she was diagnosed and we're like WTF no one in her family and my dad and her have never had Hep C before, why now?

No way to be able to prove it, the blood transfusion was an emergency after all... !@#$ers...

Anyways, hai Ike boards.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No, O- can give to everone. AB+ can take from everyone.

Think of it this way

O > A or B > AB
- > +

If you are O, you can't take anything but O. If you have A or B in your blood type, you can take whatever is in your blood type as well as O (AB can take A or B, but A cannot take B and vice versa).
Positive can take pos or neg, negative can only take neg.

Thus, 0- is the universal donor and AB+ is the universal recipient.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I have been squeamish around blood-drawing needles (hardly needles, more like big metal tubes) ever since an incident at a plasma center 2 years ago. I always go pale and light-headed when they have to adjust the needle in my vein nowadays. Not only is it a terrible feeling in general... I have personal history to make me hate them.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Ill admit to being quite the ***** when getting my blood drawn back in the day, but after a while, just learning to turn the other way and take hellishly deep breaths or anything to take you mind off the pain. Technically works

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I get kinda woozy when they extract blood from me after about 45-60 seconds. I get light-headed and I get the cold sweats. First couple of seconds, it's alright, but further on, it feels like that part of my body is going completely numb. I haven't had blood drawn since 2008, so I'm fine. :D I only feel a slight pinch, and that's really all I can sense as pain other than the "tingling" in the point of extraction.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The only pain comes from them having to adjust the needle while it's in your vein. It does hurt, but it's more uncomfortable than anything else, and it's 99999 times worse than the stick.
Yeah, I've taken the time to figure out which part is worst. I've been medically advised to donate as often as possible for my own health, so I've experienced it quite a bit.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You guys need to man up and take that **** without feeling "squeamish". Real men stare at the needle and watch it go into their skin.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've never really felt anything.. Just bored sitting there.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
First two times I ever gave blood I felt like vomiting and light headed. This year, I didn't feel anything. I also stare at the needle when it goes into my skin. Though, it's really boring to just sit there for however long you have to sit there and I end up feeling uncomfortable. I end up singing songs in my head. Though, my friend had it bad this year. They didn't place the needle right and had to move it while it was inside his arm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I watched them jab me with a needle, i just sat there while surfing on my iphone. I even took a picture of the needle in my arm to show my sisters how big a millimeter needle looks like.

I only donated blood to find out my blood type, which is B+

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, I remember the last time I donated blood. I was so chill, I wanted to take a nap. I closed my eyes for a bit, and a nurse ran over to me asking if I was okay LOL. But yeah, that was definitely my bad on that part.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I actually donated just last month; I have no problem with needles, don't really feel anything. I guess it's sort of the mindset for me though, but it's not something I do consciously, I just don't think or worry about it because I know there's not really anything to think or worry about, lol. For me anyways, I've never had a bad experience with needles.

:248:

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Ike boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've never donated blood, but I've had 6 vials of blood taken out of me when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with me. >_>

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Hello Ike boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
Two words: **** Ftilt. I would say it's in ROB's favor just because of offstage antics, but not by much. It's not as though ROB will completely dominate offstage, but he can make it difficult to avoiding hits every time we recover, and that damage can build up. If we get ROB offstage and he can't pull a Snake and go over us, more often than not that's a favorable position. Onstage, it turns into dodging lasers from afar to get in close, then we need to make sure not to get dominated by all of ROB's quick tilts (something I need to work on, badly). The gyro is kinda like Diddy's naners: Whoever controls it best wins in that aspect, and I think ROB has more options of control, though I think Jab can beat the gyro at times.

That's just my take; it might actually be easier than what I've described, but I've always struggled with this matchup. Though I should note the last time I played a good ROB was against Chibo late last year.

Back to the other topic: I haven't given blood, but if it's not too different from getting shots, I probably wouldn't even squirm.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, i play both character to what i feel is a relatively good level, and i reckon that its 50-50 or 55-45 robs favour, we can kill him much earlier than he can kill us, and with very varied recovery, they have to make a very good/lucky prediction in with gimping us.
his ftilt is annoying, but it has next to no shieldpush, meaning if we shielddash into it, we can jab him for about 16%
if he runs off while we attempt to recover, we can safely fair him, his air speed is too slow to get out of the way, meaning he must airdodge, therefore we can safely get back
bair should be used oos to punish anything when we have out back to them, he cant punish it unlesds he manages to time the invincibility frames on his up-b, u-air and u-smash should be sufficient enough to kill for this matchup
ike should ban castle seige, rob should ban brinstar

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Funny. A few of you guys seem to treat donating blood as the same as getting a shot.
I wish I could do that. I always worry the phlebotomists so much because I go pale and lightheaded. I just have a mental block because of one night when I lost a LOT of blood (I'm 125 pounds, so even just a pint is a lot, but I lost a good bit more) and had to walk a quarter mile home and got within seconds of passing out, unable to open my door. I even still get dizzy telling the story.

Top Bottom