• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Might be no use to sign up.

Also i say only someone who is part of the Ike PR panel can host the biweekly, which means jam, bored, brett, sharkie and I

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Someone has to host the event. You know, to maintain order. Anyways, I'm fine with Ussi doing it since Brett plans to be drunk, I won't be there, and Jam...iono where he is.

Wait Ussi, didn't you say you couldn't make it?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea i'm at ICNA at this very moment. (posting on my breaks from attending lectures)

Strawberry, what i meant is that there isn't someone to host the biweekly this time.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Assuming I will be there (pending plans), I can definitely host it. I mean, I'm a co-owner of the Xat so I can manage everything that goes on there + I have recorded results long in the past. It will be very easy. I could do it in my sleep, let alone drunk. But I could just... not drink. That's really easy too.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, sorry about all of this everyone. Lot of crap went on this week with my brother and his girlfriend moving to Calgary soon + Diablo 3 earlier in the week. I've been on top of sign-ups and right now there are 8 confirmed entrants. I will not be able to attend or host the event, way too much on my plate this afternoon.

At this point I'm thinking it would be a better idea to postpone the event for two weeks. My brother will have moved by then and I'll have plenty of time to keep on top of this.

Normally I wouldn't have any problem with one of the other PR panelists running the tourney in my absence, however there is now additional secondary character data that needs to be recorded and it really is a pain in the *** even when you know exactly what to do. I went so far last weekend as to write out a program in Ruby that accepts and manages the data for me, which makes it a bit easier.

Bottom line: The tournament today is canceled and will be held on Sunday, June 10th instead. It will definitely be held that day regardless of anything. If I'm on my deathbed at the time I'll request my laptop to host it, there is no way I'm postponing two bi-weeklies in a row.

Again, I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to this today. The XAT is always available so anyone who was planning on attending is free to visit it at the scheduled time and have friendlies with any other Ike mains who show up.

:248:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry Nyke, I hope the rest of the move-in and other stuff goes more smoothly.

I won't be able to go June 10th unfortunately, so I'm dropping out. I'll still drop by the xat today and see who's there though.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Well nice to hear its postponed. Ill be back home by then and also it occurs two days before I get caught up in the future soldier pc hype.

Hope everything works out for ya nys. Oh and....... LA highways <3... Being allowed to floor it for almost 200 miles @82mph XD and not a damn cop in sight lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
OKay, since NYS enjoys playing disappearing act, sign ups are now starting. Confirm if you'll be free Sunday afternoon. Check OP for start time in your time zone.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I finally got home last night so I'll actually be here from now until the bi-weekly. I was going to post for sign-ups to start last night but decided to do it this morning and of course Bored happens to post that while I was asleep, lol.

Anyways, confirming that the bi-weekly this weekend is definitely on and I will be there as usual to participate and record stats.

@Vinyl & Straw, added both of you to the sign-up list.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Eh...I'm scared o.o I know it's not a serious thing...but I am positive I will lose every single match. But I guess it's a learning experience. Don't be afraid to tell me why I suck :urg:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Cool, added all confirmations to the list.

Also don't forget about the earlier start time by 1 hour, it will start at 2:00 pm EST (other NA time zones are in the OP).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Cool, added all confirmations to the list.

Also don't forget about the earlier start time by 1 hour, it will start at 2:00 pm EST (other NA time zones are in the OP).

7pm, Got it

And strawb, You probably will suck, But the idea of these is to get guidance of other people who know your character well and can point out flaws in your playstyle!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Even I suck. But still, I play Kirby most of the time because he's my favorite character. And chudat's playstyle inspires me.

I suck with pika, I suck with ice climbers, I'm fair with DK, GaW, and marth, aaand that's pretty much it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Summer classes means i got homework this weekend.. i dunno if i can spare time when my family has events planned usually every Saturday. I may show up in the chat and do my homework there if anything though

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I should really get infinite replay on my Wii... Some of these matches would be really nice to record >_> Also, I'll be there! Sundays are gonna be my lazy days for the most part while I'm working lol.

@Vinyl, you are up at the strangest times @.@

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sundays are my days off work for my tournaments/any **** i may need to sort out during the week so i can almost always attend

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright, added BS and Bored.

I may show up in the chat and do my homework there if anything though
That definitely sounds like the best way to ensure your homework gets done, lol.

Not signing up for this one because I honestly don't know if I can make it on time or not.
How late do you think you might be? If you're sure you can make it within an hour of the start time then that's fine. Obviously the more people that show up on time the better but if one or two people arrive a bit late it's not a big deal. That said, more than an hour late is sort of the cut off where my sympathy drops to zero.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, Just make sure to play a few games, Its not like, super serious really, Wifi after all

That said, Make sure you use wifi to do something funny against brett, He gets mad :B

Top Bottom