• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
About the bi-weekly using secondary characters thing,

I had an idea, and actually, while looking at other posts, I see Nyke had a similar idea to mine. However unlike Nyke's, this idea would ensure that there's always at least 1 Ike in the match.

Basically for round 1, person A picks Ike, and person B picks a secondary.
For round 2, their roles reverse, so B picks Ike, and A picks a secondary.
If it comes down to round 3, the outcome of the set would be decided by Ike dittos.

Since there will always be at least 2 rounds, each person is assured to play 1 round with Ike and 1 with a secondary. This way, neither player is at an advantage/disadvantage by being forced to pick a secondary or Ike. This will also give people experience as Ike fighting in different MUs, or fighting against Ike with their secondary. It would just require that people communicate well with their opponents, so that there's not 2 ikes or 2 secondaries on the 1st round.

Also I'm assuming there's no bi-weekly this Sunday?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if we do it the way Meniel suggested, then i suggest stages only be starters or round 1 and 2 are CP rounds for the 2ndary user and round 3 is the one that is striked.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, what Ussi mentioned is the only problem I can see with that Meneil. Ike dittos for the first match makes more sense for the starter stage. If you have a character mismatch on the starter stage it throws off the balance of the set. And I think it'd be a bit too weird to make the first two matches couterpicks and the third striking... no one would remember and actually do it.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would remember, cause i'm weird like that. I love silly rules.

We can make it either or, either all starters or CP first two games and strike 3rd.. It was actually an idea to do for real at one point to take the weight off game 1 and put it on game 3, but people argued about being too lazy to implement a change to just change what game has the most weight.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I think either of Ussi's solutions would solve the starting stage problem well. In the previous bi-weekly, everyone almost always cp'd neutrals anyway.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm... how would you decide who uses Ike first? Just whoever offers to uses their secondary or based on PR placement or...? I think it's just a lot simpler to do an Ike ditto first and then the rest of the set plays out based on the outcome of that.

I have to veto the neutrals-only (or rather starters-only, the term 'neutral' is technically inaccurate) idea, since part of this is to give people who want it experience on plenty of different stages. Therefore the only other solution is to start with a counter-pick by the secondary character player. Which yes, could catch on, but it would make the bi-weeklies too different from standard tournament rules.

Besides, the original Xat round-robin event that sparked this was all Ike dittos and that's why Light and I decided to get this going, I'd prefer it if there was a guaranteed Ike ditto match in each set.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
higher seed starts with Ike first so lower seed CPs first or vise versa, pick your poison.

We don't need Ike dittos of 2-3 stocking with fsmashes and dairs. Ike dittos will happen between good players~ as its wifi! Ike always wins on wifi! Use the FedEx tag to be blessed by the wifi god too.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Seeding is fine for the top 8 but beyond that we don't publish rankings in the thread so if two players not on the PR are playing each other it becomes a judgement call. Plus the PRs change every bi-weekly, having to check your ranking compared to someone else for the first match every time would just get annoying.

Either way, it looks like we won't be making any changes until next season based on the poll so far, so we've got plenty of time to discuss this.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
keep it as ike only for the real thing, im doing the kooky stages thing, so i reckon secondaries should be allowed for that too (as its hardly going to be srs) in other words, a loltarded gathering XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol cool, i think its not going to be an actual tournament in the end is it? its just going to be a sunday meet up where its normal to use ******** stages XD

i might have trouble geting there on time myself, as mum has jsut revealed we have the entire family coming over for dinner...god damnit

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I was away all weekend for my uncle's birthday, my brother's birthday and then mine yesterday (three days straight), so I had to miss your tourney G.P. What all went down?

Oh and you can all confirm/sign-up for next weekend now. Same day same time and it will still be Ike dittos. We'll finish off this season with all Ike dittos and then make some changes next season.

Edit: The next bi-weekly will actually have to be the weekend after next, on the 13th of February, because I just remembered next weekend is Super Bowl weekend.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it was a flop, it was just me and jam at the start, and then ranger ike appeared later. pretty suckish
its good to know that its not next weekend, id have to miss it if it was

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Confirming. Oh and GP had one very terribad Ike ditto game against me when we said screw these wacky stages. I was still surprised at what happened. Though we did proceed to have an epic match after that with a true grit second stock. Would have saved it for epicness, but I have no hacks. :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Confirming. Oh and GP had one very terribad Ike ditto game against me when we said screw these wacky stages. I was still surprised at what happened. Though we did proceed to have an epic match after that with a true grit second stock. Would have saved it for epicness, but I have no hacks. :(
you still saved the game where i failed miserably though XD
second stock was top notch though, it ended up with both of us dying, me hitting him off the top from below the stage and me not being able to gat back, top stuff XD

Munzy

Smash Cadet
I would love to sign up for one of these lol just dont know how :p. and i gotta bring my wii back from school this weekend and put my codes up on here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah. From here on out, Nys will announce that sign ups for "X" bi weekly are starting. So all you have to do is post about "confirming" you will show up.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright, remember that the next bi-weekly is this Sunday guys, so if you haven't confirmed yet, do so a.s.a.p.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Zatch
Glo-W
0775-5183-3817

I'm confirming.

Top Bottom