• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Appreciation Thread.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
I WAS BORN READY! only a few more hours!!
i wonder how far into the SSE Ike makes his appearance
i saw how he comes into the story, it's pretty awesome :D ike stealin' the show as always

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
stage 13...i was hoping for like, how far into the game in like time, cuz i don't know how many stages there are. so um... how many stages are there? lol. i've heard the SSE is is reeeeeeeeeally long.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
stage 13...i was hoping for like, how far into the game in like time, cuz i don't know how many stages there are. so um... how many stages are there? lol. i've heard the SSE is is reeeeeeeeeally long.
SSE isn't very long, getting 100% completion rate may be tricky, but the story isn't windwaker class... maybe twilight princess/mario galaxy epic, but not windwaker :laugh:

Enshoku

Smash Lord
It's as long as TP? >_> That's long enough for me.
not as long, but maybe as epic. I'd say it's as long as...*looks at game collection*

true crime streets of l.a., you can rush it, and beat it within hours, but beat all the missions will take a bit longer, about 20-30 if you don't rush, 12 if your one of the japanese sadistic *******s that had the game beat before the day after release happened.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Haha, it all depends if I can keep myself awake until midnight...Just four more hours......Shoki, give me your number so we can Brawl tomorrow! ^_^ Blue Dragon, I'll add you when you get your Brawl code. I want Shoki's Wii numer.

TriviaGem

Smash Rookie
Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster. ^^" I'm planning on maining both Ike and Zelda, and can't wait till Brawl comes out!

And a question: Why does the Ike boards have multiple clans? If we all main Ike, then why is there more than one clan? Just curious. >>"

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
wooo hallo!
i played brawl today at my friend's house. it was amazing!!! :D so much fun. i won every match that i played as ike. he's so awesome + i love his "Prepare yourself" taunt. Great Aether = so fun. i'll have the game tomorrow by 7:00 pm so yeah. online matches!!! :D :D

Enshoku

Smash Lord
my wii says i've played 300 matches 0.o

that said, I have a couple things to say about ike's moves...

counter-best used in the air or not at all, it seems to last shorter than roy's from melee, not much use in it...
aether-It kills fat half-nekkid penguins, and anything else that decides to be above Ike's hair. You can edgegrab right after an aether, and is probably Ike's best recovery. he sounds strange when he screams "aether" though...
eruption-*cusses angrily at sakurai for making the move*
quick draw-powerful fsmash which can be used to avoid your opponent if needed. In the air you go into freefall after using it, and if you aren't above the edge by your second jump forget using this. Do the rational thing, and unplug everyone else's controller instead :laugh:

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second... you lost me. I thought Eruption was a frikkin' amazing move!

O ya... and I <3 quick draw approaches... or Grand Viper, or whatever we've chosen to call it nowadays.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Wait a second... you lost me. I thought Eruption was a frikkin' amazing move!

O ya... and I <3 quick draw approaches... or Grand Viper, or whatever we've chosen to call it nowadays.
eruption is the kind of move you **** the CPU's with, no human is coming anywhere near teh phire, you could edge guard with it I suppose, but I'd rather just step back and have a quick draw combo ready to eat the faces of those who dare to recover.

counter hasn't been helpful against anyone fast, no matter how hard a try. sonic and meta knight wil finish their slowest attack before you can even start counter... giga-bowser doesn't seem to like counter due to the fact that neither of us die when he attempts to gouge my face out, but his damage goes up:laugh:

I <3catching two people with great aether, and slamming them down on the third person, then hearing those three beautiful chimes of death...

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
eruption is the kind of move you **** the CPU's with, no human is coming anywhere near teh phire, you could edge guard with it I suppose, but I'd rather just step back and have a quick draw combo ready to eat the faces of those who dare to recover.
Have you tried it on a recovering opponent?

counter hasn't been helpful against anyone fast, no matter how hard a try. sonic and meta knight wil finish their slowest attack before you can even start counter... giga-bowser doesn't seem to like counter due to the fact that neither of us die when he attempts to gouge my face out, but his damage goes up:laugh:
You wait for the advance, then try it. works for me for those two.

I <3catching two people with great aether, and slamming them down on the third person, then hearing those three beautiful chimes of death...[/QUOTE]

/agree

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Lol... I like using eruption on Shadow Moses. Whacha do is, if you're running around on the top platform, and there's a bunch of fools fighting it out right underneath you, just drop through and tap B. It disperses the fight instantly, and it gets me lots'a lots'a kills =)

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Lol... I like using eruption on Shadow Moses. Whacha do is, if you're running around on the top platform, and there's a bunch of fools fighting it out right underneath you, just drop through and tap B. It disperses the fight instantly, and it gets me lots'a lots'a kills =)
Good use of aether, most of the people I fight aren't stupid enough to walk into, or recover onto teh phire, and yes they can avoid it while recovering, that or knock the **** out of you with toon link's **** spin. Most of my kills are earned with a triple Uair combo, eruption shines in free for all's when your opponents are running away from someone else, right into your shiny lil' ragnell.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
It's getting a bit too silent in here... Appreciate more!

And appreciate my sig while you're at it too :p .

Edit: WTF?! It gets cut off in half!

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Yay! I know what's wrong with my Wifi now!!!!

....Unfortunately, I can't do anything to fix it =(
Is anyone else getting error code 85010?
you ******* ************* ******** I already ******* explained this **** two ******* times. youe such a ****** little ******** do you know that?!?!?!?!?!

85010 means that the servers are over loaded because too many people are trying to connect, just like smashboards.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
... Well, it's obvious that that error code thingy doesn't happen to all the other people on wifi, because my Specator Mode works every time. I just wanted to know who else was having this problem, so I could mourn with them over our lack of internet play.

However, my wifi appears to be working now, so it's all good =).

Enshoku

Smash Lord
... Well, it's obvious that that error code thingy doesn't happen to all the other people on wifi, because my Specator Mode works every time. I just wanted to know who else was having this problem, so I could mourn with them over our lack of internet play.

However, my wifi appears to be working now, so it's all good =).
*hits mediator with dedede's hammer and ragnell*

I TOLD YOU IT WAS LIKE-----SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHBOARDS!

~no suitable nodes are available, smashboards won't work for you because our server balancer likes to gay people over. Have a nice day~

Top Bottom