• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN's wishlist for Smash 4

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Slight edit, but otherwise I completely agree with your list.

Well, Melee came out not long after SSB64, so hopefully we won't have another long wait.

Is not big, but it's well-received and critically-acclaimed. It was the secondmost notable new series (after Pikmin) from the last generation of games, at least in my opinion. The series is at least important enough to receive an AT. Also, the series isn't over; Nintendo wants a sequel, and Camelot wants to make a sequel (they finally finished their golf game, so hopefully... *crosses fingers*).

Also, a key factor in Isaac's popularity is his potential as a unique character. He has a sword (although he can also use axes, maces, or fight weaponless), but he also has a variety of earth-based magic (both the rock/dirt/sand variety and the thorns/vines variety), numerous psychic powers (most notably telekinesis), the abilty to hover, teleport, or stop time, various magical attacks from enchanted weaponry, and the ability to summon. He's certainly more unique than Landmaster the 3rd, at least.
And don't forget the djins , with em you could change your property so from earth mage you could turn to fire and water adept or other things...i think isaac should be somewhat like P.trainer where he sets or summons his djins to acquire new skills . His FS should be Megiddo lol

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I find igns thoughts on Smash Bros to be questionable at best though i do agree with some King K. Rool, Geno, Ridley, and Mewtwo i dont think he should have been cut just improved.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Rofl from IGN:

"One of Falco's most infamous rivals and currently an Assist Trophy in Brawl, the character's potential contribution to the game (fighting-style wise) is worth giving Goroh a promotion to fighter. He would add considerable diversity to the game, and make many gamers happy in the process."

Notice they said Falco's rival? :laugh:

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
my thoughts of the wish list

10. Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario maybe but there are a lot of mario characters ,lets give some room for different characters
9. Tom Nook-are you high?
8. Samurai Goroh - we need more F-zero characters
7. King K. Rool-well if king dedede is there why not K.rool?
6. Geno - he probably will get to be on the next one ,everybody wants him
5. Mewtwo - only if they make him better like the legendary pokemon he is
4. Rival PT - i was thinking the same thing
3. Midna -That too ,better than toon zelda/tetra any day
2. Ridley -doubt it ,maybe a character from hunters ,thats way more reliable
1. Koopalings - to many mario characters and bowser jr has a better chance than them

here is my wish list only nintendo characters of course:

10.samurai goroth or jody summers
9.any character from metroid prime hunters
8.midna
7.Blue (rival trainer)
6.Lin(fire emblem and we need more female characters ****!!)
5.Felix or isaac(golden sun)
4.Captain N (hey if ROB made it and Game and Watch why not Captain N? he IS nintendo property)
3.Ray (Custom robo)
2.saki amamiya(total badass)
1.Created characters anybody? is possible.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
If a Wii Golden Sun game comes out (or DS even), I would expect Isaac to be playable in SSB4. Personally I'd love some major Golden Sun support in SSB4, but I think only Isaac would make it. I don't think Felix is likeable or popular enough to be the sole representative. Ideally, I would like to see Isaac, Ivan, and Saturos in SSB4 (sort of clones I know but I think of them more like PT's Pokemon in Brawl because they all are different elements).

Anyways yeah I think we've established that Koopalings is the worst #1 ever. What are they going to do, make "Koopaling Trainer" and have all of the kids rotate? It won't work, and I don't want 8 character slots (or however many it is) being taken up by all of them. Midna is a great choice I think because a unique moveset could be made. Samurai Goroh just seems like he'd be a jacked-up version of Wario with a sword. Cool I guess but I'd like to see others before him.

By the way I am positive King K. Rool will be in SSB4 just because they seem to love the "Trouble King(s)" Event Match. Trouble King 3 would be the perfect way to kick off K. Rool's Krusade in Smash.

BTW Tom Nook is a crappy idea and even though I don't care for Geno all that much I think he should be in SSB4 just because of his popularity.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
I agree that they should bring in Midna, Ridley, and Bowser Jr.

but to everyone else in that list I say...

NO.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

AT LEAST IT SHOULDN'T.

'nuff said.

Much better than I expected from IGN. I thought they were going to fill it with stupid crap like Krystal and Dark Samus.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario: Yes to Junior, no to Shadow Mario.
Tom Nook: If it didn't happen this time, it ain't ever going to happen.
Samurai Goroh: ... Y-No.
King K. Rool: Better choice of a rep than Dixie, as he's the major VILLIAN!
Geno: Square-Enix aren't ever going to let it happen.
Mewtwo: He should be back.
Pokemon Rival: Hell, no. One Pokemon Trainer is enough
Midna: Unfortunally, she's not going to be in any more Zelda games. Toon Zelda/Tetra is more likely.
Ridley: If Charizard can be playable, so can Ridley.
Koopalings: Only as either alternate costumes for Bowser Jr or as his Final Smash.
Ray 01: No, he isn't popular enough. Better with a different Ray Model if any.
Lyn (or new FE character from a game that comes out between now and next SSB): Definately should be Lyn, but any female Lord will do.
Isaac: Only if he appears in another game between now and then.
Krystal: Only if she uses her Staff and not have moves like Fire Vixen/Krystal Continuum/Blaster/Reflector/LANDMASTER!!! Krystal is a decent choice, but if she shouldn't be in if she's going to be a fourth Fox.

Flow Wolf

Smash Apprentice
They could've done better.

I had never tought of Samurai Goro as playable character idea though.

(Black Shadow should've acted as Captain Falcon's clone rather than Ganon [who more than deserves his own moveset!])

Flow Wolf

Smash Apprentice
How about:

Bowser Jr. (fast and with his own moveset, Shadow Mario as FS)

Eggman or Shadow or Tails

MEGAMAN / Megaman antagonist

Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone)

Krystal with own moveset

Ganon with own moveset

King K. Rool

Toon Zelda / Tetra

and maybe Samurai Goroh or Geno (extremely unlikely)

Were people already trying to predict Brawl characters when Melee came out?

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
WOW noobs make better lists than that
*looks at post count*, why shouldnt I make one lolz?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Ugh... well, I suppose opinions differ. But STILL, does anyone really expect the Koopalings to show up as more than an AT or maybe a boss in SSB4? Seriously. They're practically dead and buried. And HOW would all seven of them fight together? That'd be simply insane.

But yeah, opinions.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I don't see how this is any different from me, or any other random guy, listing their 10 most wanted Brawl characters.

(10) Ditto
9) Bowser Jr.
8) Paper Mario
7) Black Shadow
6) Claus
5) Isaac
4) Mewtwo
3) Geno
2) Megaman
1) Ridley

just FYI)

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
I can see naming Tails before Knuckles... but Shadow? EGGMAN? Ouch...
The Sonic ladder is as follows: (don't deny it, you know it to be true)

1) Tails
2) Knuckles
3) Shadow (as lame as he is, he'd be next in line)
4) Robotnik
5) Espio the Chameleon (THE best Sonic sidekick besides Tails/Knuckles, hands down)
6) The Prostitute Bat
7) The Pink Hedgehog w/ a Hammer
8) Other lame-*** Sonic sidekicks (I think there is an Alligator who wears bling, works w/ Espio, and blows bubbles?)
9) Metal Sonic
10) The White Hedgehog who shows up in the background of GHZ

That being said, the only one with a realistic chance of showing up as playable in the future is Tails.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Yes to K. Rool, Yes to Geno. Isaac is so much better than both combined though.

A big fat NO to everyone else... except MAYBE Ridley. But seeing him as a boss makes me think that he's so much better as a boss, it's like making Master Hand playable, it just wouldn't work.

But at least they didn't put Krystal... that saves them from complete failure.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
For once, I actually agree with IGN's wishlist.
I really wanted Mewtwo to return. I never thought of Mewtwo as a weak and useless character in melee so WHY SAKURAI WHY????

gamer8

Smash Lord
My opinion of their list:

10) Bowser Jr - Okay.
9) Tom Nook - No.
8) Samurai Goroh - Okay.
7) King K Rool - Yes.
6) Geno - Okay.
5) Mewtwo - Hell Yes.
4) Rival Trainer - Hell No. (PT is unique. Lets leave him that way.)
3) Midna - Yes, but on her own, no wolf.
2) Ridley - Yes.
1) Koopalings - WTF? Hell No.

My list:

10) Bowser Jr/Geno
9) Ray 01
8) Samurai Goroh
7) Lyn (or new FE character from a game that comes out between now and next SSB)
6) King K Rool
5) Ridley
4) Midna
3) Mewtwo
2) Isaac
1) Krystal

Zevox
Failure at the lack of Tom Nook.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
1) Mega Man

2) Isaac

3) Krystal

4) Ridly

5) Midna

6) knuckles

7) Geno

8) Mew 2

9) Koopalings (I like it)

Metalknux

Smash Ace
IGN sucks ***.
So that's how it is? Everyone who's opinion isn't the same as yours sucks? Keep thinking that, and see how many friends you have in the future, if you even have any now.

I'm fine with their wishlist. Anybody who hates the Koopalings should go die.
Read over that comment again. You sound like an obsessive nerd with anger issues.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
So that's how it is? Everyone who's opinion isn't the same as yours sucks? Keep thinking that, and see how many friends you have in the future, if you even have any now.

Read over that comment again. You sound like an obsessive nerd with anger issues.
Ever heard of something called hyperbole?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
The Sonic ladder is as follows: (don't deny it, you know it to be true)

1) Tails
2) Knuckles
3) Shadow (as lame as he is, he'd be next in line)
4) Robotnik
5) Espio the Chameleon (THE best Sonic sidekick besides Tails/Knuckles, hands down)
6) The Prostitute Bat
7) The Pink Hedgehog w/ a Hammer
8) Other lame-*** Sonic sidekicks (I think there is an Alligator who wears bling, works w/ Espio, and blows bubbles?)
9) Metal Sonic
10) The White Hedgehog who shows up in the background of GHZ

That being said, the only one with a realistic chance of showing up as playable in the future is Tails.
Tails: Lame and similar to Sonic... Just replace the Spring Jump and the Homing Attack
Knuckles: Cool, but still similar to Sonic... Just replace the Spring Jump and the Homing Attack
Shadow: Clone of Sonic with all four moves AND Super Shadow.
Robotnik: Fairly known and can have an original moveset.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
My opinion of their list:

10) Bowser Jr - Okay.
9) Tom Nook - No.
8) Samurai Goroh - Okay.
7) King K Rool - Yes.
6) Geno - Okay.
5) Mewtwo - Hell Yes.
4) Rival Trainer - Hell No. (PT is unique. Lets leave him that way.)
3) Midna - Yes, but on her own, no wolf.
2) Ridley - Yes.
1) Koopalings - WTF? Hell No.

Zevox
I agree.

My list:

10) Bowser Jr/Geno
9) Ray 01
8) Samurai Goroh
7) Lyn (or new FE character from a game that comes out between now and next SSB)
6) King K Rool
5) Ridley
4) Midna
3) Mewtwo
2) Isaac
1) Krystal

Zevox
I agree, only no Geno but Bowser Jr. AND Shadow Mario and no Ray, but Panther :p

Top Bottom