• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you're reading this, then Sakurai doesn't care about you!

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
By the way, you're not any smarter or supporting your argument by using the word "elitist". That word is ****ing overUSED on these boards. It just makes you look stupid and unoriginal. "Hey, you're arguing, ****ing elitist!"

You don't know how forums like this work then. If the game doesn't fit a person's exact personal specifications of what they want, then it's a potential pile of **** that Sakurai created.
And then...
Well it's not looking out to be a very good one, you can only play ZSS by playing with super smashes? That's super ********. That's the dumbest thing I've seen in Brawl so far and if too many of those mechanics come into the game we're going to playing one very messed up game.
Tabris wins the thread!
Sorry, Fastest, your arguments regarding down syndrome are just too baseless!

Second place goes to the funniest quote in the thread:
forum angerrrr, GRRRR!

And before I'm done I'm just going to say it again:

The game is for everyone. The people on these boards. The Downs Syndrome children. The elder gamer who loved Kid Icarus. The people looking for fun, goofy gameplay. The pseudo-harcore people who just learned to SHFFL. The parents. The kids. The teens.

EVERYONE.

EVEN THE LITTLE 1% THAT CONSTITUTES THESE BOARDS.

Super Smash Bros.= Variety= Non specific playing style = For everyone.

It is only an assumption that 99% of the community playes with items and such, but in theory, that 99% derives from various levels of play. Since smash has such a great amount of variety, you can't assume everyone plays in the same manner. Having 99% of a community play in one way isn't plausible. People play in several ways other than the afromentioned methods. Us, as the 1% isn't seperate from the conventional community, just a 1% of the variety.

This game is tailored to everyone, so I can't see the reason for the complaints.:p

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will be awesome for everyone, because they've proven "hardcore" gaming and "casual" gaming are not mutually exclusive. They've proven that they are capable, and most likely will do this with both previous super smash titles.

Now go take your nap. You must be tired after your rant.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai didnt care what we think, then why'd he hold an online poll? Why has he said numerous times that he's "Listening to the fans on this one" as he's said? You sir, fail at life.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
And then...

Tabris wins the thread!
Sorry, Fastest, your arguments regarding down syndrome are just too baseless!
So you're saying using Final Smashes to play as ZSS is a good mechanic? Well I'll be ****ed, I'd love to see you main ZSS with those ****ing conditions. Have fun stalling the match until you get that FS.

Your point is moot.

WR3K

Smash Ace
the developement are the same kind of players of us, they arent *******, kids, or grandpas

they know how to make games dont worry about it

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
dude, shut up and leave here before you get flamed to death. it's not cool to laugh about people with disabilaties. its mean and its not like they can help it.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying using Final Smashes to play as ZSS is a good mechanic? Well I'll be ****ed, I'd love to see you main ZSS with those ****ing conditions. Have fun stalling the match until you get that FS.

Your point is moot.
You fail to read. Don't even try and defend yourself; you're just really bad at understanding contexts, concepts, and words in general.

Please, read my post over and over again until you understand it.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I don't even remember what this thread was about and it's still going on? Even i don't think we can squeeze in anymore good flames in now.

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
I never realized the people on this site were so sensitive but at the same time so rediculous.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Your statement hinges on Sakurai being 100% motivated by sales with no concern for the actual value of the game. Do you think Sakurai is doing anything less than pouring his heart and soul into this project?

Useless thread.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
This post is stupid. Why? If Sakurai didn't care about the hard core gamer he wouldn't have

1. Had a poll asking the opinions of the hard core croud.
2. Be giving US daily weekday updates on the dojo.
3. Be giving us support for the gamecube controller.
4. Be making a smash bros game.

PWN'D

And just the fact that he's going back to Nintendo to make this game for us is proof enough that he cares.

inside

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thanks for letting me know that Sakurai doesn't really care about us. Doesn't that bother you at all that a person who has never heard of you, doesn't even care about you? WAIT... how does that work? How does a person not care about someone that's not even in their mind...Explain that to me.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I like this thread, and I agree with the OP'er.

But it's also unfair to say that Sakurai doesn't listen to the fans. Nintendo has constantly catered to their fan-base numerous times - that's undeniable.

However when people say that this is Sakurai's life's work, and that he's working REALLLLLY hard on it, and that he's pouring his sould into it... It's just not true. He's a director. His ideas; other people's work.

Don't get me wrong, directing is by no means easy - but it's not like Sakurai is killing himself making this game people.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I like this thread, and I agree with the OP'er.

But it's also unfair to say that Sakurai doesn't listen to the fans. Nintendo has constantly catered to their fan-base numerous times - that's undeniable.

However when people say that this is Sakurai's life's work, and that he's working REALLLLLY hard on it, and that he's pouring his sould into it... It's just not true. He's a director. His ideas; other people's work.

Don't get me wrong, directing is by no means easy - but it's not like Sakurai is killing himself making this game people.
By the time the game is done he'll have been an instrumental part of the Smash Bros. series for close to ten years. That's nothing to sneeze at!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Your a total Jacka$$ for making fun of kids with Down Syndrome and the mentally handicapped. You should've been banned.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
being that melee was rated T FOR TEEN, I think it's safe to assume he's got TEENs in mind.

pwn'd again

Caael

Smash Lord
Interesting.

On one hand, I dont agree with you. You're blunt attitude isn't going to make you friends from this, and you're being a smartass.

On the other hand, you're a saint. People immediatley think that anybody they beat is a noob or scrub. To be honest, not every owner of melee plays competitively. I dont play competitively. I dont even consider myself remotely good. I dont care. It's a game. You play it. Being a 'noob' or 'scrub' doesn't matter. The only people who suck at the game are the ones who dont have it.

Rant/Praise over.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
"waaaaahhhhhhhhh, you made fun of kids with down syndrom." newsflash PC d!ckweeds, he didnt make fun of kids with down syndrom (unless i missed something) he said they are unable to be pro at the game because of their condition. is that not true? you want some french cries with that whamburger? quit being sensative girly men (oh no, i hope that doesnt offend any one).
and then there's guys like phoenix fire using big words and overanalyzing a video game and the original conjecture of the thread (i can use big words too... oooooooooo... ahhhhhhhh). no **** 99% of the other players dont play the exact same way, that's common fukking sense. but at the very least 95% of smashers dont play like us. therefore, the devs are more likely to cater to the casual smasher than to the competitive scene. that was what he is saying. it makes perfect sense. now go back to philosophy class with your beret phoenix fire, cuz i know you wear one.

i hope that pumps some more piss and vinegar into the this wonderful thread, peace

ps: i also have a relative with down syndrom.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
"waaaaahhhhhhhhh, you made fun of kids with down syndrom." newsflash PC d!ckweeds, he didnt make fun of kids with down syndrom (unless i missed something) he said they are unable to be pro at the game because of their condition. is that not true? you want some french cries with that whamburger? quit being sensative girly men (oh no, i hope that doesnt offend any one).
and then there's guys like phoenix fire using big words and overanalyzing a video game and the original conjecture of the thread (i can use big words too... oooooooooo... ahhhhhhhh). no **** 99% of the other players dont play the exact same way, that's common fukking sense. but at the very least 95% of smashers dont play like us. therefore, the devs are more likely to cater to the casual smasher than to the competitive scene. that was what he is saying. it makes perfect sense. now go back to philosophy class with your beret phoenix fire, cuz i know you wear one.

i hope that pumps some more piss and vinegar into the this wonderful thread, peace

ps: i also have a relative with down syndrom.
actually "dickweed" he wasn't just simply saying kids with down symdrome can't play. He used it as a joking analogy. Which is still offensive. I am personally not offended, but that doesn't mean it's not offensive. Just because you personally aren't offended by the N-Bomb doesn't mean some african american isn't.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
dude, read the post again. he wasnt making fun of down syndrom. he was using it as an example of how most smashers are scrubs. if you can paste the post where he actually makes fun of down syndrom ill shut up. if not, you shut up. and why you gotta bring the n word into this, unnecessary, it's not the same at all. stop overanalyzing the connotations of what he said, instead take what he wrote literally. which was essentially, "as an example of how the competitive smashers are just a minority within the smash community, ive seen kids with down syndrom play the game. (more or less)" maybe he could have used another example, but it's not offensive at all (except to the PC people who see "down syndrom" in a sentance and immediately assume it's being used as a dorogatory (didnt spell that right) term) if you actually read it. now McDouchebag (AKA GenocideMachine) on the other hand, is making fun of down syndrom. he deserves a good a$$ whooping.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
dude, read the post again. he wasnt making fun of down syndrom. he was using it as an example of how most smashers are scrubs. if you can paste the post where he actually makes fun of down syndrom ill shut up. if not, you shut up. and why you gotta bring the n word into this, unnecessary, it's not the same at all. stop overanalyzing the connotations of what he said, instead take what he wrote literally. which was essentially, "as an example of how the competitive smashers are just a minority within the smash community, ive seen kids with down syndrom play the game. (more or less)" maybe he could have used another example, but it's not offensive at all (except to the PC people who see "down syndrom" in a sentance and immediately assume it's being used as a dorogatory (didnt spell that right) term) if you actually read it. now McDouchebag (AKA GenocideMachine) on the other hand, is[/B ]making fun of down syndrom. he deserves a good a$$ whooping.

Did you miss my last post? I just said he wasn't making fun of them, but he was using them in an analogy which was just as insulting.

And please god try to cut down the spelling errors. I use firefox so all I ****ing see in your quote is red lines.

Top Bottom