• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were going to use the Miiverse to talk to Nintendo...

If we had a site-wide campaign where everyone pushed for the same thing, what would you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Which of the above would you support? Choose all that apply.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If anything on that list then I'd choose "Decrease lag from aerials (no L-cancel)"

However, if I truly wanted to invest time in it, it'd probably be another "Ridley 4 Smash" post. Don't really care too much about any of the above things.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Layton and Anna for Sm4sh!!1

Eh I don't know, I'm personally interested to see how they are going to handle the compromise between Melee and Brawl thing and I would like to try out how it will work out and all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anything on that list then I'd choose "Decrease lag from aerials (no L-cancel)"

However, if I truly wanted to invest time in it, it'd probably be another "Ridley 4 Smash" post. Don't really care too much about any of the above things.

Everyone has their own character suggestions =P

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just make the game feel like Smash but with a new take on it. Between Melee and Brawl sounds good to me. Oh, and good online. I can't stress how important this is. I make sure to make a new post about it everyday on the Miiverse.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Good online (which they will probably do) and make Ganondorf both usable and so different from Captain Falcon that no one will be tempted to say his name and clone in the same sentence.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Random match-ups in Classic and All Star mode

TreK

Is "that guy"
Tether rule applied to normal ledge grabbing : you lose the invincibility after three ledge grabs without landing.
Also, Brawl's platform cancel (on all platforms), and Melee's dash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I voted for "other" because I think there's one thing we really should push for, and it's not anything directly related to the gameplay for which I feel Sakurai's general direction will make most of us at least somewhat happy based on what we know.

The short version is that we need good online. Being able to have real matches online is very important both in helping those of us in less populated regions keep up and in helping us draw in new players. Not only should we seriously, seriously stress how critically important good netcode is, netcode that we should stress should be tested on lousy American internet not awesome Japanese internet, but we should want some better options for random matchmaking. In Brawl your options were between free for alls on any stage with items or teams the same way (and I don't think team attack was usually on, but I didn't explore that too much). Singles didn't even exist, and the way rules were crafted by "votes" of every partcipating player was not good since if you wanted to play a particular way you had no way to count on it. We will be much better served if the random matchmaking is set up in a way that we can actually use it. I can imagine a ton of models like this, many of which don't require them to acknowledge any "tournament" settings at all, but the main point is that it has to be something that people like us can use. Even just including filters on random matchmaking would be sufficient; let everyone look for people who play like they like to play, and everyone wins.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Make it faster and less floaty (closer to Melee)
Increase hitstun
Decrease lag from aerials (no L-cancel)
Bring the melee directional air dodge back
Other (post in thread)

My "other" being that I want Melee airdodge mapped to L and the Brawl airdodge mapped to R. More options are always a good idea.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Ive monitored this site for years before joing this week. THe whole melee/brawl comparisons are ok but the negitivity and split its given this community is rediculous. imo this poll doesnt help things.

The most important option isnt there: Tell them to make a game where the community doesnt have to be split anymore and everyones happy. And by that we mean be jesus.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Where the hell's the better online options in the poll? I mean sure if you had a match with someone on your friends list you could set it up however you wanted, but if you did the regular online mode it was always 4 players, with everyone mixing up the settings instead of having one person choose the settings and if someone disconnected they'd eventually be replaced by a CPU. What we want is 1 VS 1 Matches! Also, and important to a lesser degree, an option to turn off stage hazards.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Where the hell's the better online options in the poll?

This particular poll seems to be aimed at controversial items. The smash community is pretty split about Melee vs Brawl, and as a consequence there is a split about what we want the next game to be like. *If* we're going to have any influence via Miiverse we have to organize, which also means we need to avoid in-fighting. My guess is this poll is about these things. It could be intended to answer the question "If we were to try to organize and get a message across via Miiverse, would be united enough to possibly make a difference, or would we break down into squabbling about Melee vs Brawl differences and fail to provide a unified voice, and thus be ineffective", or something like that.

You're not going to get many complaints about better online options. Assuming the game has a huge amount of funding and better online does not detract from other aspects, very few (non-trolls) will yell in the opposite direction.

Or at least, that's my best guess. I've talked with Overswarm many times and I never seem to be thinking along the same lines as he is - it is very possible I've misinterpreted something.

Top Bottom