• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you had the power to make your own mode...

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I'd make a race mode, with classic loop-the-loops and stuff.

(SONIC WINZ OMG!)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Final Mode: In this mode each character starts off with a pre-determined amount of "Final Points". In those mode, yo use these Final Points to spontaneously unleash a Final Smash attack without a Smash Ball. This removes all randomness from the game. To unleash the Final Smash, you hold X on the GCN controller, + on the Wii remote, and the inner triggers on the classic controller.

Assault Mode: This mode is for 2-4 players, with 2 teams. Each team has a "structure" in the shape of a Smash Ball. The goal is to deliver a certain amount of damage to your opponents structure to make it crumble before they get to yours. If you die, the penalty is you spawn at your end after a 5 second timer expires.

Tag Mode: Before you start the match, each player selects up to 4 different characters. At each end of the stage are "tag zones". If you have your character in this zone, they can not move, can not attack, can not shield, do not flinch, but take all damage from foes. After standing in the zone for 3 seconds, you switch to the next character in the order you chose at the start of the match. You may only substitute a pre-determined amount of times. Each character has a pre-determined amount of stocks.

Stock Handicap: Each character has their own stock count. E.g Mario has 3 stocks, DK has 5.

Sub Space Race: Race another character in a level of the SSE. Capture check points to impede on foes progress e.c.t.

Background Edit: Place trophies on the background of certain stages.

Territory: There is a zone in one part of the stage. Cpature it by being the only player in it for 5 seconds. It grows as you maintain control of it. If it grows to a certain point, it is yours and captured. Cpature 2/3 and win.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
who bumped this? anyway...

LAGLESS ONLINE!! that's right, unlike Sakurai's, no lag would be present whatsoever (kinda streching it I guess)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Half-Life mode.

You get to be gordon freeman, and you get to play half-life.

Well, I guess that's just half-life, but honestly, that's never a bad thing.

~rh

Smash Lord
I'd put in a previous games mode, with melee the as only option.

Smash Rookie
Pokemon battle mode, you can only hit each other with pokemon

Smash Rookie
Jail Break mode:

It's like capture the flag that one person talked about, except there's a jail for both sides on the
map and a line in the middle. Once a person on a team crosses the line, the other person can attack. Once the person gets hit, he is instantly teleported to the jail.

In order to free, the people in jail, their teammate needs to mash the jail and break it open. Once it opens, the teammates instantly teleported back to their side.

Whoever get the enemy flag to their base wins.

=]
then sonic will win:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
2D Mode...

With "traditional" 2D fighting, "traditional" movesets and everything. For example:

Sonic
Homing attack: QCB, P
Spin Dash: QCF, P
Spin Charge: QCF, K
Spring Jump: Down (charge) Up+P
Super Sonic: QCF, QCF, P

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
I second Melee mode. More hitsun, more gravity, old fashion air dodging, no grabbing the ledge from behind, L-cancelling, wavedashing, faster characters, etc.

Also SSB64 Mode: no spot dodging, no air dodging, more hitsun, z-cancelling, etc.

Smash Rookie
Mario mode: Everybody is 2D and you have to go through each Mario Bros. level until everyone else is killed.(the screen scrolls by itself)
Blooper racing mode: you're racing on bloopers, but you still have to steer the blooper and if you bump into a wall, you lose a life.(Maybe that could work with horses)

CYAN!

Smash Rookie
Stomp The giant
One player gets to be giant or cpu, or w/e(super mushroom giant...) along with weight (like metal+giant). It plays out just like a normal brawl but that one character is giant >_<.

yay, ideas that come out of my head!

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I'd want a mode where the first player to get XYZ KOs wins. Infinite lives, no time limit, falls don't detract from your score.

OR Wifi where two people can sit side by side and play online at the same time.

And yes, I would so bring back BTPF. I was miffed when I found out it wasn't in Melee ;_;

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
challenge mode: go through subspace emissary with no healing, cut scenes, saves, extra lives... no nothing! veyr tough...

also a mode called Programming Mode where you can re-program the game...

That'd get crazy...

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
The "Hands off my Bread" Mode...
One person is falco ad the other three characters have to collect Bread (food items) that appear and Falco has to guard them (since three other characters would be hard to stop, their damage ratio is increased to 2.0)...
The first of the three characters to collect the set amount of bread wins.

PillowPants

Smash Apprentice
sticky bomb tag mode.

pne character starts off with a sticky bomb on them with a extended timer, after the time is up, whoever has it n them dies. then another sticky bomb appears on someone.
the cycle continues until one person is left.
like hot potatoe, this is a godly idea

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Free the Smasher mode.

Two smashers, they must beat on a cage containing a Smasher selected at random. The person who strikes the final blow will, in a sense, "get" that Smasher to use on their team. This happens again until ALL of the Smashers are on the field. But every time you fail to obtain that Smasher, you get a HUGE stat increase.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Mini-Adventure mode -
Each character would go through their own couple of personal stages ending in a boss (Mario goes through 1-1 to 1-4 from Super Mario Bros., Sonic goes through Green Hill Zone's acts, Samus goes through a simplified Brinstar, etc.). Beating this with a character earns a specific trophy for that character, Classic and All-Star style, and after you beat it with all the characters you can choose any character to go through any adventure.

...Needs a better name, though.

Kazura

Smash Cadet
Live or Die mode:
You are put into a team with 4 players, and the game sends all types of enemies after you, and you have to survive long enough for the timer to run out, or defeat all of the enemies.
You're only given 2 stocks, though. Heart containers rarely spawn so you can heal yourself, and every 5 enemies to be defeated, you recieve an assist trophy helper.
Sort of like cruel brawl, I suppose.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
- Board the Platforms
- Race to the Finish
- Tripping Mode (No tripping would be standard)

And for the grand finale...

Great Maze Mode!

You play on the Great Maze in multiplayer. Split-screen. Each player spawns at opposite points. The whole thing would be completed already, meaning no character/boss fighting. The map would be limited to what you've explored thus far, though. It'd be Stamina set to a certain amount, and you can set the number of lives (unlike in normal Stamina). Then you'd fight in the wide expanse of the Great Maze. Enemies would still be there. Running speeds would all be equalized for fairness (otherwise Sonic can run into battle and if he faces trouble just speed away to nab health).
For lack of a better comparison, think Donkey Kong 64 multiplayer Smash Bros style, with a much larger area.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Battle mode!

There is a selection of Pokemon to choose from (not necessarily in Standard Brawl) that you play as (or you can play as the normal Pokemon brawlers). You then proceed to fight on the Pokemon Stadiums.

I can imagine a story version of this, where you fight gym leaders.

quadz08

Smash Cadet
Wi-Fi mode: Lag Free Brawl
I think that's the best idea so far hahaha.

I think that there should be an option to choose more than one smasher per match (i.e., if you had the rules set to 3 stocks, then you choose three different characters, and each one gets one stock.) It would be shown the same way it is in SSE. I really liked this concept in Soul Calibur 2, and think it would make a great addition to Smash.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
im not sure how this would work but a fusion character mode!!!!! or maybe a make your own character mode. and btw that movie mode is a good idea. u should be able to put dialouge and everything into it

Top Bottom