• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you got to ask Sakurai one question...

the8thark

Smash Lord
I'd probably ask 'Why are you such a douchebag to Ridley fans?"
His answer would probably be something like "If I got 100 Yen for everyone who complained to be about a character not being in the game I'd be a rich man".

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"If I gave you a cure for your calcific tendinitis, would you add one character of my choosing?"

Booster

Smash Lord
Olimar just lives in a universe of giants. Its not that he's small, it's that everyone else is huge. =)

And personally I'd ask him if Midna will ever be playable.
Actually Miyamoto confirmed that the planet that Olimar, Louie and the other three captains visit is Earth, so really, Sakurai gave Olimar some major steroids, maybe a smoothie with ground up Mega Shrooms...with Steroids. Same for the Pikmin.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
2 Questions, depending on the setting.

Serious: What is it about the competitive scene you don't like when it comes to Smash Bros?

Joking: What made you add the villager? Are you psychopathic? *Shows picture of Villager* DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU?

:4villager:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'd ask him what he personally thinks of the major fan projects.

Right now all we've got is a vague statement that may or may not be from a nameless Nintendo employee that they're probably intrigued. Maybe.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
"Why did you remove Board the Platforms?"

^The question that matters and one that I could possibly get an answer to.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"Was there a design choice for SSB4 made on having a large amount of stages sport walkoff edges, particularly in the 3DS version, or was it just coincidence?"

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I would ask him why he cuts certain characters and if he sees all cut characters coming back.

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Wow, I don't think I could settle for one.

Why did you decide to put the Ice Climbers in Melee? What inspired that awesome decision?

Why was the Metroid Prime design not used for Samus in Brawl? Why does metroid only get Lava stages? Why no Ridley?

Why do you think that Melee was too difficult? Could we ever see a game again like Melee that truly appeals to everyone?

Why did you do ______ in Brawl? (A huge variety of questions I could ask here.)

Are you aware of the disappointment many fans had in relation to Brawl?

Do you know about project M? Have you played it? What are your impressions if so?

Do you see yourself making another game in which a retro character is reborn ala KI:U? Any characters your interested in?

Where do you see the smash bros series moving after 4? Is there anything specifically that you couldn't accomplish in this installment that you want to try for in a later one?

What games do you play in your free time?

Why was Mewtwo cut?

Booster

Smash Lord
Wow, I don't think I could settle for one.

Why did you decide to put the Ice Climbers in Melee? What inspired that awesome decision?

Why was the Metroid Prime design not used for Samus in Brawl? Why does metroid only get Lava stages? Why no Ridley?

Why do you think that Melee was too difficult? Could we ever see a game again like Melee that truly appeals to everyone?

Why did you do ______ in Brawl? (A huge variety of questions I could ask here.)

Are you aware of the disappointment many fans had in relation to Brawl?

Do you know about project M? Have you played it? What are your impressions if so?

Do you see yourself making another game in which a retro character is reborn ala KI:U? Any characters your interested in?

Where do you see the smash bros series moving after 4? Is there anything specifically that you couldn't accomplish in this installment that you want to try for in a later one?

What games do you play in your free time?

Why was Mewtwo cut?
Sakurai: Takamaru is getting a game with KI:U's engine

Japanese People: *Cheers*

Everyone else: Who the **** is Takamaru?

KatKit

Smash Lord
"Can you please adopt me?"

Or

"How much of a pervert are you in real life?"

Joking aside, I would actually ask him something about his cat.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
"Have you ever played Project M and/or SSF2, and if you have, what do you think of them?"

I'm curious how he would answer that question, although I kinda doubt that he's even played either of them before.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I wouldn't ask anything. I'd tell him 'Keep up the good work, you really got those Ridley fans cringing!'
nohardfeelings

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pre-July 14th, my answer for this every time would be, "What are all of the playable Fire Emblem reps in Smash Bros for 3DS?" That's seriously all that I really cared about.

However, now that all of my wildest dream have come true, I guess my question would be, "What is Dark Pit's role in Smash Bros for 3DS?" I'm genuinely curious. Being an alt costume with his own voice would be fitting and fine, but after Lucina, in Chrom's words, "Anything can change!" It also seems odd that he was teased at E3 but we haven't seen anything about him since then.

Top Bottom