• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you didn't like the Final Destination theme in the 3DS game

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
That's awesome! I mean, I got pretty used to the 3DS one, so I like it, but awesome!
Awww man. Everyone's saying it sounds really good, and I want to wait 'till I hear it in the game myself. The wait is even more painful now. :urg:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
This one is waaay better than the 3DS one, thank goodness. Although I loved the Melee theme v2, and I heard Brawl's Smash 64 credits theme play in another video, and I'm assuming others like Melee's FD theme and Giga Bowser's theme will be back too so I'll have a hard time choosing which one I want to play most often.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

As a lover of music from games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear, I 100% approve of this version of the song. It's definitely more on the scale of what I expecting Smash 4's Final Destination theme to be versus the 3DS version's that's an okay song but that's about it.

Good god, just 2 more weeks! I can't wait! <3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is really cool and way better than the 3DS one, though not really what I'd expect considering FD usually has epic music, this is much more energetic than past themes.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Now THIS is a Final Destination theme worthy of the Wii U version of Smash Bros! :happysheep:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Already impressed. Definitely gonna be good to listen to on an Mp3. Who knows what other amazing songs are lurking in the game?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
This version sounds so much better. Brawl had a good healthy dose of various genres for music, but I was sensing too much of a dip towards orchestral in the 3DS version of this game. Thank goodness the Wii U version is building more off of having a balanced soundtrack, and goddamn that is some kickass jam.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
The clean version is now out! Check it out!

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****balls, this is amazing. I like it almost just as much as the Melee 2.0 one.
Maybe more actually, definitely pumping some harder adrenaline than the 3DS one.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I like this one even less than the 3DS one. I will stick to using the Melee FD remix on this stage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Heaven or Hell!

Duel 1

LET'S ROCK!!
The Wheel of Fate is Turning.

Rebel 1.

ACTION!!

Seriously, it sounds like it'd fit in both of these games. I'm loving this song so damn much. BEST FD THEME EVER.

None of the others compare at all.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I really like it. Brawl's FD is more dramatic and I think I like it more, but I really like the uppitty and awesome grunge that's not hard on the ears, and the awesomeness that changes after 1/3rd of the song to cool synthness that feels nostalgic of older games to me in this version. It may be the best, even if it's shorter than Brawl's. I'm typing this as I'm listening to it as it's repeating. It may just be the best. :colorful:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Wheel of Fate is Turning.

Rebel 1.

ACTION!!

Seriously, it sounds like it'd fit in both of these games. I'm loving this song so damn much. BEST FD THEME EVER.

None of the others compare at all.
I'm really glad I wasn't the only one that thought of Blazblue when I first listened to Version 2 of Final Destination's theme.

D

Deleted member

I am not a major fan of the Final Destination themes in this game. Honestly, I like the theme that plays when you fight Master Hand more than the new Final Destination themes.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
This version, Brawl's FD version and Menu ver. 2 will be blasting on FD. I'm setting all of them to 100%

the8thark

Smash Lord
Exactly. Menu (Melee) Ver 2 is the best song so far in Smash 4 - I hope they have it in the Wii U version.
That track was in my top 3 favourite Melee tracks. The other 2 I loved to bits were "Fountain of Dreams" and the remixed "Zelda 2 palace" music

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
This is really cool and way better than the 3DS one, though not really what I'd expect considering FD usually has epic music, this is much more energetic than past themes.
Smash 64's FD only had the one song used for fighting Master Hand. T_T It was awesome as crap though and GODDAMMIT BRING IT BACK PLS.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
After all that praise and buildup I finally click the link... and the video has been taken down... T^T

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The clean version is now out! Check it out!

Geez, what is the rate of youtube audio compression?

Like, I'm telling you that I'm sure I would hear a big difference in qyality on WiiU.

It's not normal that I don't hear that much stereo effects on such a loud music (headphones btw).

So, the compressed and bad version...well, it seems to be very good, but I need to WiiU game to tell...

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
The beauty the Wiiu version of Sm4sh is real.

Damn i cant wait to play this game in HD and have epix music in the background lol

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Geez, what is the rate of youtube audio compression?

Like, I'm telling you that I'm sure I would hear a big difference in qyality on WiiU.

It's not normal that I don't hear that much stereo effects on such a loud music (headphones btw).

So, the compressed and bad version...well, it seems to be very good, but I need to WiiU game to tell...
Jesus Christ, if I make another album I'm running it by you first

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Jesus Christ, if I make another album I'm running it by you first
lol, I did audio hearing test (not blind one, but trying to hear differences intentionally as hard as I could) and here's what I got for mp3:

up to 128kbps, easilly detectable. I perceive so much losses, it's not worth to review.

192 kbps: somehow detectable, but I still don't give that much respect with the losses.

256kbps: quite hard to detect and I may not detect it on blind test, but remember that if I really love a vgm, I could listen to it for months and even years for a crazy amount of loops that it could become apparent.

320kbps: honestly, if I have to use it, acceptable because it was really hard, but I did spoted a tiny difference. The problem is again, I'm VERY picky so in long term, it's safe to go for better quality since music that got engraved in my head like ssbm menu 1 can become a bit easier to spot differences.

I didn't tested AAC, but I know it's a bit better than mp3.

Lossless is good if it's not on high compression. For flac, my converter had low, normal and high compression. I did noticed a difference on low, but at normal, I tried as hard as I could and I noticed nothing. For safety, I could use low compression and be fine for a very long term usage.

So, that's why I wonder what bitrate and codec youtube uses.

But I may switch to low compressed lossless after those tests. I really tried and it may be good to use flac instead of wav.

Btw, itune uses lossless and the quality is very good.

Top Bottom