• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could transfer the look of your Avatar to SSB4...

Would you use it?

• Total voters

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's say that it was possible to transfer the design of your Robin in FE: Awakening to SSB4 like you can with the Miis. However, to keep the models relatively the same size, only the hairstyles and facial features will change his/her look, meaning that Robin will not be the size of a child or taller than average (for type 3 males).

Would you try it out?

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It would be like I'm playing Awakening again but with the ability to move around more than once.
My Male Avatar looks a little plain compared to default Robin, but I'd love to try it out!
As for my Female Avatar, she'll have to adjust to her new height and what not haha. aka body #2

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
I that would be nice but I wouldn't hold breath. I highly doubt that Fire Emblem Awakening was developed alongside SSB4 and there were even rumors going around that Awakening might have been the last Fire Emblem game if there weren't enough sales.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was not sure what to vote for as my Robin is already in Smash, so there is no inherent need to transfer her over. However, operating under the assumption that "My Unit" was not, sure... I would want her transferred over.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
If I end up ever playing as the Female version, I'd like it. As it is, I'm going to play as the male 99% of the time, and I go with the default look whenever I play.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
´The "problem" is that this would only be possible in the 3DS version, no? Both Robin and Villager could have "imported looks" from Awakening and New Leaf.

The Wii U players would be annoyed for not having different-looking Robins.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
´The "problem" is that this would only be possible in the 3DS version, no? Both Robin and Villager could have "imported looks" from Awakening and New Leaf.

The Wii U players would be annoyed for not having different-looking Robins.
They could import it from the 3ds version of the game. That WiiU button has to do something.

Reila

They could import it from the 3ds version of the game. That WiiU button has to do something.
Yes, but then they would have to buy both versions to do that. A lot of people who are picking one version, aren't picking the other.

I do like Lizardon's idea, though... And since I am picking the 3DS version, the Wii U issue doesn't bother me in particular, but still...

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Yes, but then they would have to buy both versions to do that. A lot of people who are picking one version, aren't picking the other.

I do like Lizardon's idea, though... And since I am picking the 3DS version, the Wii U issue doesn't bother me in particular, but still...
I'm not saying it's perfect. However, it's still an option for people.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

It's odd- It seems like the vast majority of people here are getting both, though.

Reila

It's odd- It seems like the vast majority of people here are getting both, though.
Eh, a lot is only getting the 3DS version as a "filler", which is a damn shame, because IMO the 3DS seems to be a bit better :p

Either way, the opinions I have read in other forum (NeoGAF) are a bit different.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Eh, a lot is only getting the 3DS version as a "filler", which is a damn shame, because IMO the 3DS seems to be a bit better :p

Either way, the opinions I have read in other forum (NeoGAF) are a bit different.
The 3DS version just seems more filled at the moment, but that's probably because it's releasing first so he's hyping it up.

I really hope the wii U version isn't empty feeling... Several Wii U games (Ahem, Mario Kart 8 mainly) just felt so... damned empty. With the currently confirmed Wii U Smash modes being all of two modes (local vs and online vs), I really hope there's a lot more. I really wish Smash Run were in it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I've been wanting this since I first theorized Avatar as playable. But that was also before we found out that "customizations" meant movesets. Would still use this all the time. Though... I might go make a fresh file just to come up with a cooler-looking one for Smash, instead of the current one that's an approximation of my actual appearance.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I was about to make a thread on this, until I saw this one. It's a little different, but I was think for the Wii U at least you could make your Robin, in smash, instead of transfering it over. I don't know. Robin customazation is pretty much all I want at this point, and better mechanics then Brawl. There's no other character I could like more. c:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Here's the thing, and this applies to the Villager as well, the most recent games in the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem franchises came out on the 3DS only correct? And neither of them made it to Wii-U correct? Well then there's the problem, not everyone is going to have a 3DS and even then not everyone has a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Here's the thing, and this applies to the Villager as well, the most recent games in the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem franchises came out on the 3DS only correct? And neither of them made it to Wii-U correct? Well then there's the problem, not everyone is going to have a 3DS and even then not everyone has a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf or Fire Emblem Awakening.
True, but why does that stop those that do have it from porting their character? We're not saying there won't be a default, we're just acknowledging that it would be fun to port.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only difference between my Robin and his default appearance is my hair being a little longer and its color.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
True, but why does that stop those that do have it from porting their character? We're not saying there won't be a default, we're just acknowledging that it would be fun to port.
Yeah I get that but let's put it this way, let's say a guy next year buys a Wii-U for Smash Bros, this guy has no knowledge of the Fire Emblem series but loves Robin's play style, this same guy doesn't own a 3DS so wouldn't it be unfair for someone like this to go online and suddenly see Robins with colors and looks that he can't access himself unless he spends money on a 3DS and a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening?

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I would imagine it would be easier to create it in Smash than to transfer from FE:A. The customization isn't very complex.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I would imagine it would be easier to create it in Smash than to transfer from FE:A. The customization isn't very complex.
Exactly. Still debating on making a whole new thread about it but I don't know...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I would support this 100%, but I would hope that the Villagers have this option too.

M@v

Subarashii!
It would be too hard because they would have to make new models for all the hairstyles. But if we could I would. My male avatar is just the standard "Try to look as close to my rl self as possible" and my female avatar wound up being a redhead with the ponytail look. Both of them were already the mid size avatars though so they wouldn't need to change their size.

Realistically, I'd like to see different hair colors for the different team colors. I know there is blue and red hair, and I think there's green too.

Brown hair as an alt would be great too; my male avatar's hair is brown, and the hairstyle they used for robin would of been my 2nd choice behind the one I did use.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't think it would be unfair to Wii U owners since alternate colors would probably still have different colors, hairstyles and maybe even faces.

It's like Villager, you have gender options, hair options, eye options, etc. So if you want a specific one it's there.

This whole option is just more of a bonus for those people who played the games and have a specific attachment to the characters they used when playing. Like, if I got hyped about Robin because of the Robin I used in the game, it would sure be nice to have her in the game. Someone who didn't play the game probably wouldn't care because via alternate costumes they're still getting the variety.

And if they do care then they're probably at the point of liking the character enough that they'd probably play the actual game itself, and I can hardly imagine Nintendo seeing that as a bad thing.

Personally, I'm hoping more and more that it is an option, particularly since it seems streetpass hats may be loaded into smash for the miis. It'd be a bit disappointing if they gave all these options to the miis but didn't try to do so for villager or robin. (Granted, Villager is a tougher enterprise due to clothes also playing a role. I can hardly imagine every attire having a smash bros HD counterpart ... maybe it would just change the head but keep the attires from the color options.)

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'd love an option like this and absolutely try it out. I have played awakening so many times that my friends are sick of hearing the music over skype is how much I've played it. So yes, I would love to play it with my customized Robin even if it wasn't on the exact same body.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Now, if they do put in this transfer option, do you think there would be some way to import your Robin customization to the Wii U version of the game as well? I don't know a lot of games that allow trading between Wii U and 3DS.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Now, if they do put in this transfer option, do you think there would be some way to import your Robin customization to the Wii U version of the game as well? I don't know a lot of games that allow trading between Wii U and 3DS.
It seems possible? There is a option for the 3DS to connect to the Wii U. If they add in the Robin addition I can't see why they wouldn't try to go the extra step to allow you to transfer the data to the Wii U version.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only thing I could ask from Nintendo if they make this idea possible is if you could change Robin's voice.

David Vincent as M!Robin is all right, but I would prefer it if he were voiced by Christopher Corey Smith. It's extremely unlikely, though.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The only thing I could ask from Nintendo if they make this idea possible is if you could change Robin's voice.

David Vincent as M!Robin is all right, but I would prefer it if he were voiced by Christopher Corey Smith. It's extremely unlikely, though.
Nintendo should have a Gilbert Gottfried voice pack DLC for all characters IMO.

"I CAN ONLY USE THEM SO MANY TIMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

I wouldn't mind that, or have a completely different VA for Boy Wonder.
David Vincent's Robin voice sounds too nasally for me, should be Johnny Yong Bosch

That reminds of a lot this

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I know it was already said, but if they were going to implement this at all, I'd rather see the customisation be done within Smash itself. There's no reason not to do it that way. Importing from 3DS files should be an alternative to this.

I'd very much love to see it implemented, though I feel like I have false hope over it happening. Not to discredit the great default costumes, but I'd feel more attached to the character if they looked and sounded like the character I'd played through Awakening with.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I know it was already said, but if they were going to implement this at all, I'd rather see the customisation be done within Smash itself. There's no reason not to do it that way. Importing from 3DS files should be an alternative to this.

I'd very much love to see it implemented, though I feel like I have false hope over it happening. Not to discredit the great default costumes, but I'd feel more attached to the character if they looked and sounded like the character I'd played through Awakening with.
Agreed, it would be cool to get that sort of customizability in Smash itself.

I just don't see it happening. I mean, there are a lot of different combinations (build + face alone is 15, then we have hair color and voice to add in too). I don't think we'll get that many alternate costumes.

Maybe some sort of the Mii-Fighter customization setup for Robin?

I'm less worried about it, though. I've seen too many Robins via StreetPass, not to mention playing through the game as both male and female desensitized me to the particular Robin to a degree.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Can I have Patrick Stewart and Morgan Freeman voicepacks?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Not really, default Robin looks good enough for me, besides this ain't villager we're talking about, she's Robin and she's her own established character regardless of how you make her look, so i wouldn't feel different using her with other appearance.
Also it would prevent blue haired Robin :awesome:

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'd definitely use the custom model if possible, but do you know what would be even cooler? Creating your own custom palates like you can in certain Guilty Gears. What I wouldn't do for a red (orange)-haired female Robin. [a la Asuka <=]

I'd sell my soul for that, seriously.

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
I would definitely use it, not that my original avatar is much different than the default one, it has same build and hair so it looks almost the same, the thing I would be most happy to bring is the different voice.

Top Bottom