• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add one more joke character...

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Shadow the Hedgehog

He could be unique but Shadow is bassically edgy cut my life into pieces Sonic

Like Pittoo (Dark Pit)

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Baby Pink Gold Peach.

Let the midair table-flipping commence.

But in all seriousness, I have a soft spot for :pichumelee:.

Khao

Smash Lord
Any important Nintendo developer/employee/director/president/whatever.

I'd pick Miyamoto, Sakurai, Reggie or Iwata. And no, they wouldn't be mii-styled, but actually recreated in 3D as realistically as the game's style can get away with.

I think Miyamoto would be the funnest choice, as he could pull all sorts of references of games he has been involved with, which is pretty much half the game's roster. Could be a... "compilation" kind of character that pulls random **** from half the cast.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
A Digimon would be the funniest thing ever
This is the best suggestion in the thread IMO. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and try to drum up a troll vote for Agumon. Imagine how humiliating it'd be to Nintendo and how hard the Pokenerds would rage.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Other than the amazing suggestions already in this thread, I'd say Dark Ness would be great.

Last edited:

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
"Classic" mario. regular mario but low-bit and with red overalls and blue shirt (like in the donkey kong games n stuff). He doesnt have any "attacks," but his foot stool does damage, spikes (untechable so he can actually kill while on stage, and so he can combo at some percents by like "dribbeling" his opponent across the stage with footstools (hed have to read and react to their di)), and has a hitbox larger than a traditional footstool. His jump would be super dependent on how long you hold the button (like in the platformers) that way you can jump either very low or very high and anything inbetween. EXTREAMLY fast fast fall, run speed, jump speed, and arial mobility/acceleration. Turns around on the ground frame like 2. No ground game at all, no grab, no sheild, only his footstool coubled with his crazy mobility.

Holy heck. I need this character.

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
"Classic" mario. regular mario but low-bit and with red overalls and blue shirt (like in the donkey kong games n stuff). He doesnt have any "attacks," but his foot stool does damage, spikes (untechable so he can actually kill while on stage, and so he can combo at some percents by like "dribbeling" his opponent across the stage with footstools (hed have to read and react to their di)), and has a hitbox larger than a traditional footstool. His jump would be super dependent on how long you hold the button (like in the platformers) that way you can jump either very low or very high and anything inbetween. EXTREAMLY fast fast fall, run speed, jump speed, and arial mobility/acceleration. Turns around on the ground frame like 2. No ground game at all, no grab, no sheild, only his footstool coubled with his crazy mobility.

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
He has no up B (because remember he has no attack buttons), and his double jump is very short with the hight of the jump not being variable like his standerd jump, but Footstools would have the same properties as one of his standerd jumps on the ground, allowing you to either tap it for a very short boost or holding it for a very large one. He regains his double jump after getting a footstool. Again, his fast fall and arial mobility/acceleration as well as his ground mobility/acceleration are VERY fast. He would be fairly heavy.

He could cancel his all his jumps (grounded jump, double jump, footstool) into a fast fall after frame 2 or 3. You know how in the mario games if you time 3 jumps correctly one after another you get a hight boost? Well the same here, and the thing is on the third jump you get heavy armor until you begin to decend, so you could run around and, with your extreme arial and ground mobility, JCFF (Jump Cancel Fast Fall) left and right in the same way you would fox trot or dash dance, with heavy armor on every third jump.

You could crouch with the shoulder button/sheild button just like in his games and while it wouldn't sheild, because he has no sheild, he would take 20% less knock back while crouching (with the shoulder button)

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman

Igglybuff would be the ultimate joke character since she's like Pichu only worse. She would be a clone of Jigglypuff only lighter and weaker, she'd bounce every time she tried to land, and basically end up as the worst character in the game. Then in the final patch, they'd buff her so much she becomes an SSS tier character and ruins the game as Sakurai watches and laughs.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Baby Dark Classic Nurse Pink Gold Peach & Knuckles.
Imagine how humiliating it'd be to Nintendo.
Wasn't the 3DS version of Digimon World Re:Digitize first announced in a japanese Direct?

Last edited:

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava

Best. Idea. Ever.

BeeTee

Smash Rookie
Were all forgetting one thing!

WHY THE HELL WAS DK AND BOWSER PUT INTO SKYLANDERS?! WHAT A JOKE!

SPYRO IN SMASH BROS FTW!!!

BeeTee

Smash Rookie
I don't see the problem.
I used to appreciate nintendo's smash bros and activision/sierra's spyro/legend of spyro/skylanders as two seperate entities and worlds/universes. But now that bowser and donkey kong have crossed the 5th plane, I don't like skylanders one bit (except for a few characters)! I would have to actually buy the entire game, it's content, and it's expansion packs... just to find out why the heck donkey kong and bowser intruded into the world of skylanders! I feel sorry for the poor characters and world. So sorry, I want to enter the world and take them out myself (as an amiibo.), despite my lack of powers. SOMEONE GIVE ME A MILLION 1-UPS AND EQUIPMENTS!!! I'M GONNA TAKE ON BOWSER AND DK... OMG!

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I don't see the problem.
At some point, DK and Bowser were added as characters in Skylanders, and there had to be a reason because it was so random.
Sakurai said there would still be DLC at the time, and so to us Spyro supporters that was totally a chance for Spyro to get into Smash.

But until now, afaik, nothing with Spyro really happened and DK/Bowser are in Skylanders for some reason :(

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I used to appreciate nintendo's smash bros and activision/sierra's spyro/legend of spyro/skylanders as two seperate entities and worlds/universes. But now that bowser and donkey kong have crossed the 5th plane, I don't like skylanders one bit (except for a few characters)! I would have to actually buy the entire game, it's content, and it's expansion packs... just to find out why the heck donkey kong and bowser intruded into the world of skylanders! I feel sorry for the poor characters and world. So sorry, I want to enter the world and take them out myself (as an amiibo.), despite my lack of powers. SOMEONE GIVE ME A MILLION 1-UPS AND EQUIPMENTS!!! I'M GONNA TAKE ON BOWSER AND DK... OMG!
So in a nutshell, you're a salty purist.
At some point, DK and Bowser were added as characters in Skylanders, and there had to be a reason because it was so random.
Sakurai said there would still be DLC at the time, and so to us Spyro supporters that was totally a chance for Spyro to get into Smash.

But until now, afaik, nothing with Spyro really happened and DK/Bowser are in Skylanders for some reason :(
OK, I see speculation on it, but did people really think that warranted Spyro?

I'm not into Skylanders, but at least I know Spyro is not all there's to it.

Last edited:

BeeTee

Smash Rookie

This... I feel you.

So in a nutshell, you're a salty purist.

Well it used to be just about spyro, before legend of spyro...

And yes, I am a purist, but I still love snake!

Pixel_

Smash Ace

Well, if there was one character from Skylanders, which one would get into Smash?

Also, yeah, obviously it didn't guarantee Spyro, but honestly there wasn't much chance for him to ever get in, and that's the closest it's probably ever been (lol I think that was a rhyme).

(the thread might be getting a bit offtopic btw)

Last edited:

BeeTee

Smash Rookie
Back to the topic.

What about Cress Albane!? Square enix has Cloud... so... what about the more relevant Cress from Tales of Phantasia!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Igglybuff would be the ultimate joke character since she's like Pichu only worse. She would be a clone of Jigglypuff only lighter and weaker, she'd bounce every time she tried to land, and basically end up as the worst character in the game. Then in the final patch, they'd buff her so much she becomes an SSS tier character and ruins the game as Sakurai watches and laughs.
My life will have meaning the day I see Igglybuff beat the **** out of Bayonetta.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Not really a joke character.
No, my idea of a joke character would be a newer, better Pichu or Dr.Kawashima's disembodied head.
lol I read that wrong and thought you said "newer, better Pichu with Dr. Kawashima's disembodied head"

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
I feel Chorus Men would be a sweet joke character to join smash. I mean they sing! for Fighting! that's sweet ;)

Cpt. Piddles

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteMagez
Porky from Mother 2 & 3. His smash, normal, & Special attacks would be the weakest in the game, but his item attacks are incredibly high. So basically to play Porky is you have to hoard all the items in casual and run away from danger until you get something to help you, Porky in a nutshell

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Would Slippy be considered a joke character? I'm sure we all wanted to have him around in smash just to smack around a few times.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A generic goomba.

He wouldn't have any b attacks and his only a attack would be a headbonk that works similar to the punch from Runbow in that it propels him in the direction the player is tilting. He could use this for recovery but he'd still be very predictable, though I could see a headbonk combo getting on people's nerves like a much weaker Bayonetta.

Actually I've often thought of the idea of playing as generic nooks who have no b moves but a full regular moveset like the wireframes in Melee.

Last edited:

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Hmm a new joke character......

Flygon, a flying character with the air game of Little Mac.....

Top Bottom