• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you are unhappy with the new update, here is how to make an actual, real change.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Not being sure where I could contact Nintendo to give some real feedback, I sent them a support ticket earlier asking. This is the reply that I received;

"Hello Tyler,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in giving us feedback regarding the new Tournament Mode for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To answer your question, fan opinions are very important to us; as such, we forward comments and feedback to our other departments so that they can get a chance to hear what our fans are saying. Please reply back with your feedback so it can be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
(name removed)"

If you'd like to make a real change, take a minute to send an email to contact Nintendo using their webform here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask

Please, if you really want to make this update work, please send them an email yourself politely voicing your feedback. To make it especially effortless, here's a quick list of things you could easily copy/paste to suggest.

1. The option for 1v1 community held tournaments. Making all community tournaments free for all makes the mode nearly useless for a very large percent of the playerbase. Looking at the names of community tournaments online, you'll see countless players naming their lobbies 1v1 or similar, unaware that 1v1 is not an option.

2. Community bracket tournaments. The public bracket tournaments fill up so quickly, that it takes nearly an hour for anyone to begin playing in one, even if the tournament is full for the entire time until it begins. If players could run their own bracket tournaments, these problems could be solved. Additional options should also be considered for adding double elimination brackets, and more than best of one matches. Even an option for best of three would be a huge step forward.

3. Youtube Replays being longer than 3 minutes. the ability to upload replays that are atleast 8 to ten minutes long would be a HUGE improvement. Even your own For Glory mode has 5 minute matches, and most competitive tourneys use an 8 minute timer for their games. If this is possible to add, please consider doing so! 3 minute long replays just means that the feature is rarely, if ever, going to be used.
Please take just a minute to voice your concerns to the people who can actually do something about it. Thanks!

Edit: According to SalsaSavant, Nintendo seems to have closed down this email. I haven't received any automated reply myself yet, so I cannot confirm if that is the case quite yet, and I just reply'd to them and received a reply from that address this morning. However, if it IS down, you can still send them a message using this form: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask

Product is Wii U, according to the first email I received, the topic doesn't really matter, as they will forward it to the applicable people. Personally I recommend the Miiverse Events one, as thats where I received my initial reply from. Thanks!

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Y'know, this would be a cool idea for balance changes too, to tell them your nerf/buff ideas. We could also ask WHY a character was nerfed or buffed, although even that might be automated

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
They probably forward it...straight to the dumpster. I seriously doubt most of their feedback e-mails are read by anyone but low level people.

Still, guess it doesn't hurt, so why not try?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
They probably forward it...straight to the dumpster. I seriously doubt most of their feedback e-mails are read by anyone but low level people.

Still, guess it doesn't hurt, so why not try?
If too much people suggest it, they'll probably send it to the develepers out of annoyance.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
If too much people suggest it, they'll probably send it to the develepers out of annoyance.
Fair enough.

I got a response.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo of America. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are no longer able to accept emails sent to this address. To contact us now and in the future, please visit our online Webform. Here’s a direct link:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
So, I guess that e-mail got shut down...recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Interesting, I got a reply from them just this morning from the same address after replying to it. Very well, if they're going to shut down that email, using the support tickets is an equally fine way of doing it, as thats how I received my first reply in the first place. Will update the OP now.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Warning Received
Interesting, I got a reply from them just this morning from the same address after replying to it. Very well, if they're going to shut down that email, using the support tickets is an equally fine way of doing it, as thats how I received my first reply in the first place. Will update the OP now.
I'm going to resend it to the same address to make sure it wasn't just me real quick. Will replay when I get something.

So, the first automated reply took about 5 minutes. It's been more than that, and nothing. No one else has reported the same thing.

I guess I probably something I did, or just a strange error/quirk on their end.

Edit: No, wait, I got it. Same as before. Anyone else getting it, or does Nintendo just not like me?

Last edited by a moderator:

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Someone else on reddit posted a similar problem, and I've updated my post there as well. I haven't received that reply myself yet, but I've left instructions on how we can still proceed in the OP. Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom