• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If The ESRB Rating For Smash 4 Was M, What New Things Should They Add?

What Should The ESRB Rating Be?

• E

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • E 10+

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Travis Touchdown and Bayonetta are added for some reason.
TBH, there's really nothing stopping them from adding these or any other characters to the game. TT, Bayonetta, Kratos, etc. aren't inherently R-rated themselves (ZSS and Bayonetta are both wearing catsuits, after all). It's what they do in their games that makes them that way, and if Snake can be in despite snapping necks, there's nothing stopping these characters (aside from not appearing on Nintendo platforms, I mean).

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Multi-Man mode replaced with zombies.
OF COURSE!

Ahem... anyways, essentially, if Rated M, Smash Bros. would likely have:
  • Jiggle physics for the women
  • More raunchy jokes
  • Blood and Gore obviously
  • Battle damage (of course)
  • FATALITIES REPLACING FINAL SMASHES (May as well go the full mile and be Mortal Kombat with Nintendo characters).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If The ESRB Rating For Smash 4 Was M, What New Things Should They Add?
Nothing. They shouldn't add anything like that. This is such an asinine question. It will never be rated M to begin with.

The day Smash Bros goes M rating is the day Smash is dead to me. The gory violence and/or graphic sexual themes such a rating would imply means that it is something I can no longer play in the living room with my family. I wouldn't even want to play it in my room by myself, because seeing Mario getting dismembered is not how I'd like to enjoy playing with a character and story/franchise that I enjoy, etc.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I dunno, man. Fire Emblem is a Nintendo-exclusive series and it deals with death in most if not all games in the series. In the 4th entry, there's even **** and implied incest too. Awakening (which is more than likely the most popular game in the series) is rated M.
It's the ACB Meaning for Fire Emblem: Awakening

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Nothing. They shouldn't add anything like that. This is such an asinine question. It will never be rated M to begin with.

The day Smash Bros goes M rating is the day Smash is dead to me. The gory violence and/or graphic sexual themes such a rating would imply means that it is something I can no longer play in the living room with my family. I wouldn't even want to play it in my room by myself, because seeing Mario getting dismembered is not how I'd like to enjoy playing with a character and story/franchise that I enjoy, etc.
Yes so T for Wii U and E10+ For 3DS.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I would fear for the character designs of Zelda, Peach, Wii fit trainer, Rosalina, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus... Zero Suit Samus is bad enough already...

I'd like for Krystal to be a character as it is. She'd be in for sure if it were rated M... Oh gosh.... :facepalm:

Also characters with no pants...... need to get some quick....:facepalm:
Bad...? Last time I checked, ZSS Samus is a bombshell babe with rocket boots that kicks ass.

R0Y

Smash Master
I dunno, man. Fire Emblem is a Nintendo-exclusive series and it deals with death in most if not all games in the series. In the 4th entry, there's even **** and implied incest too. Awakening (which is more than likely the most popular game in the series) is rated M.
Aussie M is equivalent to a T.

The thread title says the ESRB rating.

D

Deleted member

Bad...? Last time I checked, ZSS Samus is a bombshell babe with rocket boots that kicks ***.
It's not really "bad" and more like people overreacting for no reason at all other than "ZOMG FANSURRVICE!!!11!!1 GAME IS ROONED!!11!" even though ZSS isn't even all that different (sans the rocket boots).

R0Y

Smash Master
It's not really "bad" and more like people overreacting for no reason at all other than "ZOMG FANSURRVICE!!!11!!1 GAME IS ROONED!!11!" even though ZSS isn't even all that different (sans the rocket boots).
Smash in general is pretty fanservice. I mean, look at some of the official pics:

2 more blonde Bombshells and goth Zelda.

Peach....stop that.

SAKURAIIIIIII

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
there's nothing more to talk about than "it'd be more violent" and ZSS jokes here, locking,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom