• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Rayman became a playable chatacter, how would his amiibo work?

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
It'd be like the water cause the platforms to rise in Pokemon Stadium 1's Water stage, except it'd be Rayman's arms and legs. And torso. And head.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
It can be done:

But they most likely wouldn't do it like that.

They'd make it so it matches his in-game art, and I doubt they'd use an accessory like that in there.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
What really interests me is Game and Watch since, to match his in game character, he would have to be 2D, yet front on from all angles.
What requires him to be front on from all angles? He isn't in the actual game (you can tilt the camera and see his edges like you'd see parts of models of other characters in the third dimension).

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What requires him to be front on from all angles? He isn't in the actual game (you can tilt the camera and see his edges like you'd see parts of models of other characters in the third dimension).
Is that the case now? I haven't thoroughly inspected him since Melee but, back then atleast, he was a full 3D model that was simply rendered into 2D such that he'd appear flat and parallel to the camera irrespective of what you did. The same was true of his Kirby hat.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Is that the case now? I haven't thoroughly inspected him since Melee but, back then atleast, he was a full 3D model that was simply rendered into 2D such that he'd appear flat and parallel to the camera irrespective of what you did. The same was true of his Kirby hat.
He's rendered 2d, but as far as I know he's adjacent to the plane and that's it. If he isn't, my bad, but for the most part he's just seen as a 2D sprite. He does have a full 3D model and has some animations that hint as fluid animations still, of course.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Even in Melee, G&W did not rotate to face the camera. You could see him from different angles.

Top Bottom