• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Nintendo bought out Capcom, what reps would be in future games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Ryu from Street Fighter. That seems to be their number one franchise as of now. I believe Sakurai even said that he use to be a pro at Street Fighter II.
Why not Ryu from Breath of Fire?

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

If anyone knows who this is, you are awesome (and have great tastes in games :chuckle:)! So if Nintendo bought out Crapcom, this is who i would want.
Although I never did get around to completing it (I rarely managed to complete games when I was younger), Breath of Fire IV remains one of my favourite games of all time. I certainly did love the sections where you got to play as Fou-Lu.

If Nintendo did buy Capcom, Breath of Fire reps are certainly ones I'd like to see, although I don't think they'd be a priority in terms of the reps they'd go with.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Honestly?

...probably no one.

Even in the scenario that Nintendo buys them out, I think Sakurai would opt to keep just one Capcom character, since those characters are made to fit universes that are not made by Nintendo. Yes, many popular Capcom properties are prevalent on Nintendo consoles, but they don't fully feel like Nintendo characters (at least not to me) - especially anyone from Street Fighter, since those guys are made to fit their own fighting universe, and Smash Bros's is vastly different.

I'm perfectly content with just having Mega Man. Although Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright would be interesting...

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Tbh Capcom's not at the top of my list of companies Nintendo should buy.

Rare, Sega & Double Fine should come first in my opinion

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Since sakurai said no fighting game characters, Street Fighter characters could be trophies, though most likely Phoenix Wright, and more Megaman.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like Mega Man is the best Capcom has to offer smash.

Additional Megaman characters would be alright, and would probably happen if Nintendo owned the franchise.

I suppose Proto Man is likely he's like Mega Man's Luigi.

I think Bass w/ Treble would have a chance since he's like Mega Man's rival/ enemy. Similar to Wario/ Bowser (since no dr. willy)? IDK.

Perhaps Roll because she's a female character, and is Mega Man's Peach.

If Mega Man X gets treated as it's own franchise and series then...

Mega Man X
Zero
Axl
....Iris?

The Mega Man franchise and spin off's are great and full of awesome characters, it's hard to pick what characters without polluting the roster.

I would probably pick....

Mega Man Franchise - Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass & Treble
Mega Man X Franchise - Mega Man X, Zero

That's 5 Mega Man Reps divide among 2 franchises(regular and X)... seems doable. There's still some good villains that I didn't even put on the list... oh well..

I hope if Capcom ever goes for sale that Nintendo only snatches up Mega Man properties and Sega picks up the rest, some of Capcom's franchises need to be multi-platform if we ever want to play them.

Last edited:
Amaterasu, Sir Arthur, Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright. And maybe a Resident Evil character like RE4-style Leon Kennedy, or Revelations-style Jill Valentine. To pad out Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass would be stellar.

Sakurai seems to have been against adding fighting game characters in the past, but if he can change his mind, let's get some M. Bison in there.

Even if Nintendo came to possess all of Capcom's properties, though, I don't think it would give them a better shot at Smash Bros. stardom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom