• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Mother 3 had an additional representative...

Who do you want additionally?

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Who would you want it to be?
Masked Man all the way for me, his potential makes me support his inclusion!
There's also Kumatora, Wess, Duster, Porky, and Boney to consider.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Lol. People just got Lucas back and they already want more reps.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I've been pulling for the Pig King for a looooong time, my friend.

Besides, I already made pretty accurate Mii Fighters of Duster and the Masked Man.
ok i did it for porky too but still i want him innnnn

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Hey look a place for me :p Sticking with the Masked Man the whole way through! Was my first vote on the Ballet

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd probably say Porky because he was also in EarthBound, so Ness and Lucas would be sharing the same enemy. At the same time the Masked Man would complement Lucas because spoilers. I was never a fan of Kumatora, but I think I'd be fine with her in Smash.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I've been wanting Duster or The Masked Man. I might even vote for one of them through the ballet, but I've not decided yet.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, Mother is lucky to have even one rep, let alone two. I cannot see us getting one more Mother rep even though Porky in a spider mech would be pretty unique.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'd probably say Porky because he was also in EarthBound, so Ness and Lucas would be sharing the same enemy. At the same time the Masked Man would complement Lucas because spoilers. I was never a fan of Kumatora, but I think I'd be fine with her in Smash.
I totally acknowledge Porky's superior importance in the MOTHER Series, but I just feel like the Masked Man's footprint is one of the largest left in Nintendo history. He appeared in one game (also noting that said game has demanded localization for nearly a decade), but everyone that completed the game remembers him so vividly, it's like he's been in yearly releases. Porky, in fairness, had the same kind of impact, but not to nearly the same extent, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I totally acknowledge Porky's superior importance in the MOTHER Series, but I just feel like the Masked Man's footprint is one of the largest left in Nintendo history. He appeared in one game, but everyone that completed the game remembers him so vividly, it's like he's been in yearly releases. Porky, in fairness, had the same kind of impact, but not to nearly the same extent, in my opinion.
I was going to say that Porky had just as much of an impact, but maybe you're right. Which is why I said Masked Man could be a better choice because he'd complement Lucas. What I mean by that is look at Mario and Luigi. They're both twins as well. So, you know. ;)

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
If any Mother 3 character comes in, I'd want either Porky or Masked Man for villains sake.

ilysm

sleepy
I actually immediately used the character poll feature to request Kuma. She is honestly in my opinion one ofthe best characters in the whole game and could have tons of potential with her moveset. Plus she's just awesome in general.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Porky, Kumatora, or the Masked Man. I think Porky or the Masked Man make most sense since Porky was in Brawl as a boss and EarthBound, while the Masked Man has good potential for a moveset and is basically a primary antagonist to Lucas.

Shog

Smash Ace
I liked the lanky leg dude the most. If his name isn't Duster, consider my vote invalid or something

Drippy

Smash Ace
I voted Kumatora right away when I saw the ballot (and Lucas of course). I can't imagine how fun her moveset would be in the game and hopefully if they were to implement her, they'd make her PK moves special in their own way and make them act differently. In general I'd think she be a great addition because it'll add more another female to the roster and overall her character has a cool design. If Kumatora wasn't put in than hell yes I'd want Masked Man.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I put Masked Man on this poll and in the official Nintendo character request poll. He's got a sword, an arm cannon, and PSI abilities. What's not to like?

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Masked Man all the way. I would be happy if any character from the Mother series was added but most certainly prefer the Masked Man. Porky is a cool idea but I don't think he would work in Smash due to his size and mechanics. They would probably have to include his spider machine thingy and it's just too big. It would still be cool if they did though.

Honestly I'm just happy they brought Lucas back. Claus is my favorite character of all time but Lucas is a close second.

Drippy

Smash Ace
This Masked Man talk just made me realize how flippin cool it'd be to have a Mii Swordsfighter costume of Masked Man. Mii Swordsfighter is already my main Mii Fighter in this game, I'd be so pumped if this were to ever happen.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Ikr? Huge Mother 3 fan, but I'm happily content with Lucas returning.

That being said, voted Masked Man on the poll. I love the new palette swap inspired by him.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Ikr? Huge Mother 3 fan, but I'm happily content with Lucas returning.

That being said, voted Masked Man on the poll. I love the new palette swap inspired by him.
I don't see what's wrong with wanting another Mother 3 representative. I'm perfectly content with Lucas as well and I wouldn't really care at all if Kumatora (who I voted for) didn't make it in. I'm just as excited for characters like Inkling / Isaac / Lloyd / Snake / King K. Rool if they were to make it in. I mean you can't expect to go to a Lucas Subreddit and not expect there to be bias Mother opinions.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I believe that what Smash really needs is a villain from every franchise represented. Since the villain is always the third character introduced for a franchise, it makes sense to request another Mother character since aside from Wolf, it's the only franchise with two reps so far that has a plausible villain. Let's face the facts, Mother should have gotten three reps long before nobodies like Rosalina made it in as playable.

Needless to say I slammed Masked Man into that digital ballot box as fast as I could. I will be completely heartbroken if Mii Gunner/Swordsman gets a Masked Man outfit, it would be disrespectful.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Kumatora. I want magic PK punches. (I voted for her in the real smash poll)

Masked man and Porky would be great too.

Duster would be hella. Having a projectile oriented character that leaves traps everywhere would be neat and would fill in the void in my soul after Snake didn't make it back.

Let's face the facts, Mother should have gotten three reps long before nobodies like Rosalina made it in as playable.
Alright nah come on Rosalina is FAR from being a nobody character. If you wanna talk nobodies, then WFT is probably better.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Duster or Flint would be amazing, but i have to go with Masked Man. We could have a villain rep. who isn't all about PSI unlike Lucas and Ness, he could definitely play different from the two of them.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
I believe that what Smash really needs is a villain from every franchise represented. Since the villain is always the third character introduced for a franchise, it makes sense to request another Mother character since aside from Wolf, it's the only franchise with two reps so far that has a plausible villain. Let's face the facts, Mother should have gotten three reps long before nobodies like Rosalina made it in as playable.

Needless to say I slammed Masked Man into that digital ballot box as fast as I could. I will be completely heartbroken if Mii Gunner/Swordsman gets a Masked Man outfit, it would be disrespectful.
I agree but Rosalina isn't a nobody and she deserves to be here, but another mother rep would be nice.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
My avatar says it all. ;)
I would also be happy to see Kumatora, Duster, Flint, or Porky make it into Smash, though!

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
Honestly, I think that Nintendo, should they want to put another Mother character in, would take a sort-of Robin approach to it. Lord Sakurai has said that the reason they chose Robin as a a Fire Emblem rep is that they thought the series needed more reps, but that they didn't want it to be another swordfighter character, since they'd had 3 already. Ness and Lucas are both ranged, aerial characters, and I think if Nintendo were to make my life complete and include another Mother character in the series, it would almost certainly not be Paula/Kumatora, as they could very easily be a Ness/Lucas clone. Our best hope is for someone unique, the semi-swordfighter/semi-magic Poo, the ???/??? Porky, so on. (How would you guys imagine some of these characters playing, by the way? Like Porky for example?)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I came here looking for a Flint option. I leave, disappointed (seriously, Flint/Boney could have worked like a Rosalina/Luma combo, kinda like Galford from Samurai Showdown).

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Porky or Duster, tbh

Kumatora would be a bit superflous imo because all the elemental PSI is already used by Lucas.
Duster could be a kick heavy, agile character while Porky could work similar to Bowser Jr, with lots of tricks and tools in his cradle-mech

Top Bottom