• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I were in charge of Super Smash Bros.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I would turn it into its own console for starters. The idea of making Super Smash Bros. a console came about as a desire to include more (refined) content in the game with a system that had more powerful specs (about the same as a good gaming PC more or less). Design-wise, the consoles would look like the Super Smash Bros. symbol and they would be the same color as fire, which is the color that Super Smash Bros. seems to be represented by. I personally don't know how to actually code or engineer computers (I haven't taken any classes for that stuff yet) and my ideas are all conceptual, but if you want to hear them then that's okay with me.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
As a separate console... I don't know about that. If it did that, It would be an all star battle game. like Nintendo Vs. Microsoft Vs. PlayStation Vs. third party with 150+ characters and 75+ stages.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
As a separate console... I don't know about that. If it did that, It would be an all star battle game. like Nintendo Vs. Microsoft Vs. PlayStation Vs. third party with 150+ characters and 75+ stages.
It is already something of an all-star battle game, but if it ever came down to a situation similar to what you said then I already have some of that thought out:

* Concerning the roster itself I would make it a priority to put back every character who was absent from any installment and keep the ones who are currently in. Character selection would go like this:
** First Party>Second Party>Third Party (which will most likely be post launch downloadable content except for third parties that showed up in Super Smash Bros. before) and de facto Protagonists & Antagonists>Regularly Recurring Major Characters>Notable Minor Characters. And since this is a game-turned-console there may be plenty of post-launch downloadable content (either in the form of updates or added content) that will generally either be very low priced or free depending on the content in question. If a character doesn't make it in the initial build of the game they still have a chance to appear later. Move list clones will be present, but they will have justified reasons for being such, and they will all be planned ahead of time rather than being last minute additions so that I can figure out how to make them stand out from their original counterparts. The prime example would be Pit and Dark Pit, and I will go more in depth later into how they would work (they'd have similar but very different styles).

* Also concerning the roster is there will be no such thing as "niches or roles to fulfill". I believe that that belief would prevent me from adding characters that could prove to be a welcome addition to the game. I will not add everyone on the wishlist of countless fans, but I should be able to satisfy a good number of them even if I am mostly doing this to experiment with things.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Yes. But also consider this: If this was downloadable, It is possible that it might not handle it. More in detail about smash, We need a lot of music, SFX, Trophies, movesets, stages, FPS (Frames Per Second), and the different battle settings. which if it is all 1st,2nd,3rd party with everything I mentioned... comes to around 8.5gb. Which wii u, xbox, PS, and pc can handle... but the PSVita and 3ds cannot. (I have had my experience with Project M) And if it was all main gaming companies, Microsoft and PlayStation might not work together on a Nintendo original game Besides, Microsoft and PlayStation are competing while nintendo is entertaining it's users

Last edited:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Yes. But also consider this: If this was downloadable, It is possible that it might not handle it. More in detail about smash, We need a lot of music, SFX, Trophies, movesets, stages, FPS (Frames Per Second), and the different battle settings. which if it is all 1st,2nd,3rd party with everything I mentioned... comes to around 8.5gb. Which wii u, xbox, PS, and pc can handle... but the PSVita and 3ds cannot. (I have had my experience with Project M) And if it was all main gaming companies, Microsoft and PlayStation might not work together on a Nintendo original game Besides, Microsoft and PlayStation are competing while nintendo is entertaining it's users
I am very well aware that a lot of data would have to go into making Super Smash Bros. and that most current handheld systems cannot handle that degree of data. If there is a way to turn Super Smash Bros. into a handheld system then I am all for it, but this is to focus on if it was turned into a console. And the console itself would idealistically have the horsepower and/or gigabyte capacity of a well-to-do computer. Concerning Sony and Microsoft themselves they are more or less an afterthought on this whole idea with more focus being placed on Nintendo itself, and this includes any of their own first-party through second-party franchises. If third-parties come into play they will draw from companies and franchises that are not exclusively owned by either Sony or Microsoft.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Excuse me for double-posting, but I would also like to go into other things, such as the gameplay itself and how character mechanics would work.

Some things to consider is this:
Gameplay-wise, since most people seem to love Super Smash Bros. Melee's, I may be tempted to make Melee's physics engine the base to build upon the standard gameplay but it would feel less stiff along the lines of Brawl and 4. Stuff like wavedashing is still unknown to me given that I only ever discovered it late 2014, but I would make it so that it is much easier to perform. The controls would be to perform an input as if you are dodging on the ground but to hold the control stick diagonally instead of purely horizontal or downward. That way you do not have to jump whenever you want to wavedash. I have read that wavedashing is considered to blow regular dashing out of the water for some characters and metagame-wise I would want all basic gameplay functions to be viable so I would have to do something about that. The most distance it would cover would either be the same as regular dashing or slightly less distance to not completely overshadow dashing. Also, to signify wavedashing becoming an official thing it would have unique animations for when a character moves forward or backward (distinct from their dashing animation and closer to their rolls).

Airdodging would remain the same as it is in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U but with the option to airdodge the same way Super Smash Bros. Melee had done by inputting the dodge like a Smash Attack (simply holding the control stick would not trigger it as to not have any accidental directional airdodges and you can only be pressing the control stick and the dodge function and at the same time). Wavedashing can still be done from directional airdodging to the ground, and the distance that directional airdodging would cover would be greater than how it was in SSBM but would still put you in a helpless state. Neutral airdodging would not put you in a helpless state by comparison.

Momentum from the running section of dashes would be kept when jumping, but overall jump height will be reduced; the more horizontal a character's movement and momentum is, the lower their vertical movement and momentum will be and vice-versa (this is partly due to imitate how jumping while running works in real life). Short jumping would still be possible while dashing but they'll have a different animation and gain a unique attack while in that state (Sonic for example would perform his Sonic Leap from Sonic Battle if he short jumps while dashing and his attack would be his Windmill attack from the same game). Most of these attacks may be based on either their standard midair attack or their front midair attack and are the only attacks available when they short hump while dashing. There's a lot more ideas that I have in mind and this is just some of them.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Excuse me for double-posting,
That's why an edit button exists.
Some things to consider is this:
Gameplay-wise, since most people seem to love Super Smash Bros. Melee's, I may be tempted to make Melee's physics engine the base to build upon the standard gameplay but it would feel less stiff along the lines of Brawl and 4. Stuff like wavedashing is still unknown to me given that I only ever discovered it late 2014, but I would make it so that it is much easier to perform. The controls would be to perform an input as if you are dodging on the ground but to hold the control stick diagonally instead of purely horizontal or downward. That way you do not have to jump whenever you want to wavedash. I have read that wavedashing is considered to blow regular dashing out of the water for some characters and metagame-wise I would want all basic gameplay functions to be viable so I would have to do something about that. The most distance it would cover would either be the same as regular dashing or slightly less distance to not completely overshadow dashing. Also, to signify wavedashing becoming an official thing it would have unique animations for when a character moves forward or backward (distinct from their dashing animation and closer to their rolls).

Airdodging would remain the same as it is in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U but with the option to airdodge the same way Super Smash Bros. Melee had done by inputting the dodge like a Smash Attack (simply holding the control stick would not trigger it as to not have any accidental directional airdodges and you can only be pressing the control stick and the dodge function and at the same time). Wavedashing can still be done from directional airdodging to the ground, and the distance that directional airdodging would cover would be greater than how it was in SSBM but would still put you in a helpless state. Neutral airdodging would not put you in a helpless state by comparison.

Momentum from the running section of dashes would be kept when jumping, but overall jump height will be reduced; the more horizontal a character's movement and momentum is, the lower their vertical movement and momentum will be and vice-versa (this is partly due to imitate how jumping while running works in real life). Short jumping would still be possible while dashing but they'll have a different animation and gain a unique attack while in that state (Sonic for example would perform his Sonic Leap from Sonic Battle if he short jumps while dashing and his attack would be his Windmill attack from the same game). Most of these attacks may be based on either their standard midair attack or their front midair attack and are the only attacks available when they short hump while dashing. There's a lot more ideas that I have in mind and this is just some of them.
I agree with these current controls continuing.
I am very well aware that a lot of data would have to go into making Super Smash Bros. and that most current handheld systems cannot handle that degree of data. If there is a way to turn Super Smash Bros. into a handheld system then I am all for it, but this is to focus on if it was turned into a console. And the console itself would idealistically have the horsepower and/or gigabyte capacity of a well-to-do computer. Concerning Sony and Microsoft themselves they are more or less an afterthought on this whole idea with more focus being placed on Nintendo itself, and this includes any of their own first-party through second-party franchises. If third-parties come into play they will draw from companies and franchises that are not exclusively owned by either Sony or Microsoft.
True, but f that were true, It would be a videogame all star battle and there might be a lot of arguing about the game. For example, group 1 will argue that some songs, stages, and characters they hate be removed while group 2 is defending the game keeping it the way it is. Just like today. There is even a forum in the smash bros. 3ds general discussion area that shows what people want to remove and add. also Ask yourself this: how long will the game take? how much for DLC's? How will you successfully convince the other companies to use their characters in the game? How much money will it lake? and one final question: Will it be good enough for everyone? I mean, A lot of characters in one game means most of them being unused. Even stages. Even a little bit of mistakes can change the Whole game for good unless you fix it in an update. if impossible... A lot of work down the drain

Last edited:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
That's why an edit button exists.
Probably would've been a good I idea if I did that instead. No more double posting from me.

True, but f that were true, It would be a videogame all star battle and there might be a lot of arguing about the game. For example, group 1 will argue that some songs, stages, and characters they hate be removed while group 2 is defending the game keeping it the way it is. Just like today. There is even a forum in the smash bros. 3ds general discussion area that shows what people want to remove and add. also Ask yourself this: how long will the game take? how much for DLC's? How will you successfully convince the other companies to use their characters in the game? How much money will it lake? and one final question: Will it be good enough for everyone? I mean, A lot of characters in one game means most of them being unused. Even stages. Even a little bit of mistakes can change the Whole game for good unless you fix it in an update. if impossible... A lot of work down the drain
It's almost already there to an extent (except it's mostly limited to Nintendo characters) and there' really not much that can be done about the arguing given how human nature works; the best that could be done is to minimize it. And those people and topics are always going to be around by this point in time. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that such a game would be quick and easy. DLC at worst would be cheap and sold in bundles at that; I don't believe in having content in the game by launch and refusing others to play with it until they pay extra for it, and there will be no unfinished content in the game by launch. If something was intended to be in the neutral game by launch then it will be free by the time of completion. The matter of using other companies will go like this: the focus is on franchises that have had history on Nintendo consoles period, and I would approach such companies with the general idea that their franchises would be welcome in Super Smash Bros. Those that haven't had any history with Nintendo at all (such as God of War and Halo) won't be considered as the idea behind the new Super Smash Bros. game is to include pieces of Nintendo's history (first, second, and third party) and it would probably create more tension between the fans within and between the different first-party companies than including third party franchises would do. Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but I can't see anything in Super Smash Bros. being extremely unused unless it's Smash Tour. There are enough fans from each franchise that could be persuaded to buy the new Super Smash Bros. with some of the things I plan to put into it, and it can also open up the non-fans to things that they never knew about before to ensure that nothing truly goes unused. The goal is to make it appealing to the majority audience (the general people who buy the game) and the smaller but devoted audience (the fans deeply invested into the franchises). The right kind of advertising and a certain amount of it can also lend a helping hand to getting the new console around.

I'm glad that you're thinking this stuff through and if I ever get around to realizing such a product in the future I'd consult you as one of the people who could help with the project.

I agree with these current controls continuing.
I wanted to go a little more in-depth into how the game would work, such as how clone characters would work. One of the first things I wanted to talk about is these clone characters. Clone characters are already something of a base-breaker, with semi-clones catching the least heat out of the different variants. If it can be helped there will not be a great deal of clone characters, otherwise they will have enough differences to play as an alternate playstyle of each other (similar to Ryu and Ken's relationship). Some franchises have characters who are different enough when compared to each other to generally avoid this, while others don't have that much differentiation in their characters to set them that much apart. Ultimately, I want to maintain a sense of faithfulness to these characters.

Pit and Dark Pit for example are overwhelmingly similar in all but personality, and all of their animations are the exact same outside of cutscenes and Dark Pit's boss fight. Both of their primary weapons are bows (Pit uses the Palutena Bow while Dark Pit uses the Silver Bow), though both weapons have different statistics that separate both users into a different playstyle. Here are the statistics borrowed from Divinipedia:

Silver Bow:
Max Shot Distances
Standing Continuous: 41.4
Standing Charged: 50.7
Forward Dash Continuous: 39.3
Forward Dash Charged: 55.9
Side Dash Continuous: 39.3
Side Dash Charged: 53.8
Backward Dash Continuous: 39.3
Backward Dash Charged: 55.9
Base Melee Damage
Combo Strike 1: 14.3
Combo Strike 2: 8.2
Combo Strike 3: 14.3
Dash Strike: 6.1 + 6.1 + 6.1 + 6.1 + 6.1 + 6.1 + 10.2
Ranged Damage Ratio
Standing Continuous:
Max: 8.1 per round Min: 3.3 per round
Standing Charged:
Max: 31.6 Min: 12.6
Forward Dash Continuous:
Max: 32.5 Min: 12.0
Forward Dash Charged:
Max: 64.8 Min: 25.9
Side Dash Continuous:
Max: 29.6 Min: 10.9
Side Dash Charged:
Max: 53.2 Min: 21.3
Backward Dash Continuous:
Max: 31.2 Min: 10.9
Backward Dash Charged:
Max: 56.5 Min: 22.6

Palutena Bow:
Max Shot Distances
Standing Continuous: 34.0m
Standing Charged: 53.9m
Forward Dash Continuous: 32.3m
Forward Dash Charged: 59.4m
Side Dash Continuous: 32.3m
Side Dash Charged: 57.2m
Backward Dash Continuous: 32.3m
Backward Dash Charged: 59.4m
Base Melee Damage
Combo Strike 1: 17.5
Combo Strike 2: 10.0
Combo Strike 3: 17.5
Dash Strike: 7.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 12.5
Ranged Damage Ratio
Standing Continuous:
Max: 6.5 per round Min: 5.4 per round
Standing Charged:
Max: 15.2 Min: 21.2
Forward Dash Continuous:
Max: 17.9 per round Min: 15.5 per round
Forward Dash Charged:
Max: 64.0 Min: 53.6
Side Dash Continuous:
Max: 15.7 per round Min: 13.1 per round
Side Dash Charged:
Max: 52.7 Min: 44.0
Backward Dash Continuous:
Max: 33.0 per round Min: 27.5
Backward Dash Charged:
Max: 56.0 Min: 44.6

Additional information is that the Silver Bow has a higher firing rate and homing but decreases in power the further its projectiles travel, while the Palutena Bow's projectiles gain speed the further they travel but its projectiles are smaller in comparison. The statistics are already enough to differentiate Pit and Dark Pit's base playstyle. Another thing to differentiate the two angels further would be an implementation of a new system I'm still piecing together.

Last edited:

srn347

Smash Apprentice
One thing I'd definitely change in the next patch: mario's and doctor mario's capes are getting their reversal duration nerfed. Seriously, I roll like a whole second after I get hit by it and it still rolls me in the opposite direction I input.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
One thing I'd definitely change in the next patch: Mario's and Dr. Mario's capes are getting their reversal duration nerfed. Seriously, I roll like a whole second after I get hit by it and it still rolls me in the opposite direction I input.
I'll have to look into that when I get the chance.

Before I start discussion again, how would some of you feel if Ganondorf's new moveset became three equal parts of swordplay, mystokinesis, and unarmed martial arts?

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Might be a tough adjustment, but I thoroughly approve of his sword finally being used. Perhaps a less drastic alteration, like making his side taunt a sword attack with decent range.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I've always wanted to see Ganondorf go back to his roots and use a trident.
I'd give Ganon a trident if I planned on making him playable. Historically speaking, Ganondorf has never been seen using a trident (discounting Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time) and a consistent trait of his is that he has always used unarmed physical attacks in all of his appearances to date (Ocarina of Time did not give Ganondorf any swords to use). I try to make a point of separating Ganondorf from Ganon in terms of fighting styles and I would want to retain a sense of faithfulness to a character. Thus, having Ganondorf use each third of his moveset for the things I've mentioned compliments him far better than restricting him to one thing (Hyrule Warriors did a perfect job of representing Ganondorf faithfully). I would like to see Ganondorf utilize swords in his moveset more frequently, but not to the point where it overtakes his other traits.

Ganon himself is in the same boat as his Gerudo persona (skill with weaponry, mystokinesis, unarmed combat) and he has also wielded a trident, something that Ganondorf has yet to be seen doing. But I've never seen Ganon wield both a sword and a trident simultaneously, and not every incarnation of Ganon has used all of the previously mentioned attributes.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I stand corrected. A trident would be hella cool to see used as a weapon though.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Going into the gameplay a little further, here's how a character's moveset will go (not all characters will share this base moveset template):

Standard Attack
Strong Side
Strong Up
Strong Down
Side Smash Attack
Up Smash Attack
Down Smash Attack
Dash Attack
Standard Midair Attack
Front Midair Attack
Back Midair Attack
Up Midair Attack
Down Midair Attack
Short Jump Dash Attack
Grab Attack (only for characters with long-range grabs)
Glide Attack (only for characters who can glide)
Pummel
Front Throw
Back Throw
Up Throw
Down Throw
Front Floor Attack
Back Floor Attack
Prat Fall Attack
Edge Attack
Standard Special Move #1
Standard Special Move #2
Standard Special Move #3
Side Special Move #1
Side Special Move #2
Side Special Move #3
Up Special Move #1
Up Special Move #2
Up Special Move #3
Down Special Move #1
Down Special Move #2
Down Special Move #3
Final Smash #1
Final Smash #2
Final Smash #3

Pure Meteor Smashes and Semi-Spikes (which I'll rename into something else) will be much more common.

By the way, I made this for everyone's viewing pleasure.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...RWd050Zm5MN2lmWjA2Tkh1b094bUN0S0E&usp=sharing

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Ganondorf used a sword in Twilight Princess.

If I were in charge, I'd make it like Melee minus the pointless skill barriers, balance the cast, add all the characters and other **** I want, and put in more *******.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Ganondorf used a sword in Twilight Princess.

If I were in charge, I'd make it like Melee minus the pointless skill barriers, balance the cast, add all the characters and other **** I want, and put in more ******s.
I know that Ganondorf used a sword in Twilight Princess. In every appearance in the Legend of Zelda franchise itself he's used a sword ever since Wind Waker (Ocarina of Time's Ganon does not count) but he also used magical and unarmed techniques, usually outside of boss fights.

By the way, what skill barriers?

My method of balancing the cast would be to make one base, template character to create every other character out of for each franchise (like Mario for example), and I'd focus on including characters based on the method I mentioned above. There are people who prefer each of the different engines of the Super Smash Bros. franchise and the best way to avoid as much hate as I possibly can is to include traits from each of them to make it feel less like I'm catering/picking favorites (which does little more than create schisms within the fandom).

Last edited:

srn347

Smash Apprentice
If I were in control, I'd make 1 character (maybe 2 or 3) whose aerial options and ground options are switched; grabs, rolls, sidesteps, smashes, tilts, and dash attacks in the air and aerials on the ground. Can't use floor recovery off of the floor, but can use it out of tumbling. Assuming it's balanced in beta testing.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
If I were in control, I'd make 1 character (maybe 2 or 3) whose aerial options and ground options are switched; grabs, rolls, sidesteps, smashes, tilts, and dash attacks in the air and aerials on the ground. Can't use floor recovery off of the floor, but can use it out of tumbling. Assuming it's balanced in beta testing.
That sounds very out-there, but it may prove to be an interesting concept if done with balancing in mind. Perhaps a character who regularly levitates or stays just slightly above the ground could make use of such a moveset.

Here's two documents I made concerning some of the potential characters I plan to add (this being relevant to Fire Emblem):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AhZEQAsIQTaE2d7beeQizJjbikNQOxK_RJgmVNrbAoE/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TnDCxYfQzebanOCv04vARJEoNhyJ4HtjT4m4u2mDCso/edit?usp=sharing

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Players who can L-cancel are significantly more likely to win than players who can't, even if their skill is otherwise the same.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Players who can L-cancel are significantly more likely to win than players who can't, even if their skill is otherwise the same.
But wouldn't it be a good thing to keep L-cancelling/Smooth Landing in?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There are pages about this on this forum. There's a good thread in the Project M forum about it. I'm not going to repeat it all.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
One way I believe to improve the game a step further is to make all attacks safe on hit. This means that as long as a single attack connected successfully (i.e. on an opponent who did not block the attack) the attacker will be able to block afterwards to avoid a counterattack. Such would be accomplished either by increasing the amount of hitstun, the knockback values, or both. I personally don't believe that you should be punished for landing a successful attack unless your opponent shielded (depending on what attack you threw out and how fast they can react) or Power Shielded you.
Power Shielding itself will be buffed as to give the defender more time to react when struck. I'll continue on with this but I would like some feedback. Remember, the key here is to find an even ground between offensive gameplay and defensive gameplay (which I don't think has been accomplished in any game in SSB to date).

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I would make turbo mode (like holding L+R+Start on ''Press Start Screen'') with dash dancing, L-cancelling and original Melee air-dodging for wavedashing and no dodging while in tumble.

So Melee players get their share of a new game, and Sm4sh players still get to keep playing the way they like.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I would make turbo mode (like holding L+R+Start on ''Press Start Screen'') with dash dancing, L-cancelling and original Melee air-dodging for wavedashing and no dodging while in tumble.

So Melee players get their share of a new game, and Sm4sh players still get to keep playing the way they like.
Smooth Landing/Lag cancelling, Super Smash Bros. Melee's airdodging , and wavedashing are things I already plan to put in the new Super Smash Bros. title. Dash dancing's overall usefulness would be dependent on the character in question, and two factors would determine who can and who can't dash dance. Traction would be the biggest and principle factor, and characters with very sharp traction are viable to perform dash dancing to a degree. Initial dashing also factors in dash danching, so characters who have initial dashes would be able to dash dance, especially if their initial dash is long.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Of course, but the only thing holding dash dancing back is the fact you have only 3 frames to interrupt your initial dash... unlike...30-40-ish.

Peach had a high traction dash dance, although it was much weaker then characters like cptn and marth, it still managed to serve many uses.
There would be an increase in the time frame required to perform dash dancing, but not too much to start attracting overuse. One core concept of how I would design this game is to make sure that everything is viable in the meta-scene and to break some people out of their shells, so while dash dancing would be easier to perform to an extent it would have a drawback to discourage over-reliance on it as with everything else in the game. It would be meant to compliment certain characters' abilities and those without it would generally have other things to compensate for it. I'm aware of how Melee was infamous for the strict timing and high learning curve of some advanced techniques and characters so I'm figuring out how to make it appealing to easy-mode players and hard-mode players (I'm not using "casual" or "competitive" because of how muddled those terms have become nowadays).

May 23rd Edit: This is an idea of how a character would be designed in the Super Smash Bros. console:

Costume #1:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #2:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #3:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #4:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #5:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #6:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #7:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
Costume #8:
* Palette #1:
* Palette #2:
* Palette #3:
* Palette #4:
* Palette #5:
* Palette #6:
* Palette #7:
* Palette #8:
General Statistics: in comparison to ?????…
+

Similarities to Other Notable Characters:
+

How to Unlock:
* Clear Tournament Tower on ?.? difficulty or higher with ????? (?????).
* Play ??? Matches in Smash.
* Have ????? join the player’s party in the Story mode of “Expedition of Smash” (?????).
* With the exception of the third method, ????? must then be defeated on “?????”.
Entrance Pose:
Idle Stance:
Idle Pose #1:
Idle Pose #2:
Upwards Taunt:
Sideways Taunt:
Downwards Taunt:
Tournament Tower Stage:
Expedition of Smash Debut:
All-Star Mode Year Range:
Victory Fanfare:
Victory Pose #1:
Victory Pose #2:
Victory Pose #3:
Trophy Descriptions:
* Tournament Tower Trophy Description:
* Expedition of Smash Trophy Description:
* All-Star Mode Trophy Description:
Tournament Tower Ending:
* Not all characters would get up to eight separate costumes; most will likely have four alternate costumes tops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom