• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If DLC characters had custom moves

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
What would they be?

So far, I have

Mewtwo Set 2

Focus Punch: Instead of a projectile, hits the foe with a deadly punch, has super armor
Psycho Cut: Slashes at the foe and destroys projectiles instead of reflecting, has transcendent priority
Flying Teleport: Goes a larger distance but you don't have much control over it and leaves you more vulnerable
Thunder Wave: Paralyze the foe instead of confuse them, comes out faster but doesn't last as long as disable

Mewtwo Set 3

Heavy Shadow Ball: Damages foes on charge, Projectile is much stronger but slow speed and charge rate
Psychic: Slower start up, but is a stronger reflector (2.0x damage) and flings foes instead of dropping them
Ambush: Shorter distance, but attacks foes at the end of the teleport
Protect: Acts as a counter that deals 1.3x damage and knockback is landed successfully

I don't know about other ideas (mostly because I haven't played those games, just seen youtube videos)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You could probably make a topic like this for each DLC character in their respective character section.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Focus Punch?
As for Roy:
Shield Breaker - Works just like the Hero-Kings' neutral special. Weaker, but can break shields.
Boom Blade - You can't charge it, you'll get the almost fully charged version no matter what, along with 15% recoil instead of none, but obviously it's incredibly strong.

Two-Step Dance - You only get two opportunities to swing, the opening strike and the final hit, but the effects are more accentuated. Forward has powerful knockback, down deals heavy damage, and up has decreased knockback and little ending lag.
Wind Dance - All hits do minimal damage and knockback, regardless of whether or not you hilt it or what combination you use, but all hits produce windboxes, with the last hits being the most powerful. Using combinations won't augment the power of the windbox, but rather the direction.

Precise Counter - Increased starting frames and decreased active window, but the counter is very powerful.
Swift Counter - The counter is lighting-fast, and so is the hit. It knocks opponents towards you, which allows you combo them from the counter.

Comet - More startup than Blazer, and less directional control, and it only hits twice, but the last hit spikes opponents powerfully.
Hot Air - You get a larger jump and more control, but you can only hit opponents once. Knockback depends on when you hit them, hitting at the start will send them sideways, and hitting towards the end will knock them up.

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
I like the ideas for Mewtwo above. These were the only things I was able to come up with at the top of my head.

Standard Special Customs
Rapid Shadow Ball: A quick charging and traveling Shadow Ball that hits opponents multiple times rather than one. Charging the ball damages if makes contact.
Power Shadow Ball: A slow traveling Shadow Ball with greater recoil, slower travel, but much more powerful. Gain super armor while charging for two hits only.

Side Special Customs
Psychic: Similar to the one above in where opponents are pushed back and slower startup. More hits, the farther they'll be pushed.
Barrier: Similar to Palutena's Reflector, but instead, it can block any attack from an opponent and the reflecting effect is much more stronger than the other options.

Up Special Customs
Mist: Vanishes in a cloud of mist and reappears as such, freezing any one near him. Slower start up than Teleport though.
Surprise Teleport: A Teleport in which damages anyone near Mewtwo when he reappears. Shorter distance as well.

Down Special Customs
Swift: A quick projectile attack with short distance and low power.Think of it like Rosalina's Starbit special.
Future Sight: Mewtwo will leave a floating trap in front of him and will remain on the stage. The trap will detonate after 5 seconds, damaging anyone near the trap. You can only have 3 at a time.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
For Ryu:

Standard Special
1 - Regular Hadoken
2 - Gohadoken: Akuma's version of the Hadoken. Increased damage and knockback, but slower traveling speed overall. True input for fire version, which still multi-hits and traps instead. In air, launched downwards at an angle instead of straight (like Akuma)
3 - Denjin Hadoken - Can be charged, but not storeable. Low damage and no knockback, but high hit stun for combos. The longer the charge (lvl.1,2,3), the higher the hit stun. Hit stun scaling applies to true input version.

Up Special
1 - Regular Shoryuken
2 - Fire Shoryuken - Taken from Ken's version of the shoryuken, retains invincibility frame on true input. Not much distance, but more so horizontal (Like Roy). Longer recovery time on the ground, but slight increase in damage and knockback. Sets opponents on fire
3 - Goshoryuken - Akuma's version of the shoryuken. Multi-hit attack (3 hits, bottom/middle/top) with increased damage, but nerfed knockback, and no invincibility frame, even with true input.

Side Special
1 - Regular Tatsumaki
2 - Tatsumaki Zankukyaku - Again, Akuma's version of the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. Gains electrical properties, slightly increased damage, hit stun, but very little knockback. Regular input has one rotation with a slight pop up, leading into combos. True input is 3 hits, but a "push away", similar to a grab release.
3 - Tatsumaki Gorasen - Gouken's version of the Tatsumaki. Multi-hitting attack that goes straight up in the air, with a final kick angled downwards when reached to the top. Can spike. Leaves you in a helpless state.

As for Down Special, which is Focus Attack... I actually don't know, lol. There aren't any different focus attacks in Street Fighter with different properties other than different animations. They all have the same effect, lol.

And looking at my list.... I realize that this is kinda broken, lol.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I personally want Mewtwo customs that: Make Shadow Ball slower and more powerful, Confusion that flips opponents, like Mario's side b, Teleport that does damage, and Disable that launches. SHUT UP, AND TAKE MY YEN.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's what I came up with for Ryu, based on other Street Fighter characters:

B:
Special 2: Gohadoken (Gouken's version - fires two Hadokens, one straight forward and one diagonally upwards. If both Hadokens hit, it does slightly more damage than the normal one, but on their own, they only do half of that)
Special 3: Gadoken (Dan's signature move (well, aside from the Ultimate Taunt) - has no range but hits multiple times)

B-Up:
Special 2: Shinryuken (Ken's variation - Ryu spins around, drawing nearby opponents towards him. It goes higher, but it can only go straight up)
Special 3: Shouoken (Sakura's variation - Ryu runs forward, finishing with an uppercut. Better horizontal recovery, but doesn't get as much height)

B-Over:
Special 2: Tornado (Sean's variant - uses both legs. More powerful, but doesn't go as far)
Special 3: Tatsumaki Zankukyaku (Akuma's version of the move - lightning appears around his legs, and he moves faster and hits multiple times, but Ryu is more vulnerable after using it)

B-Down:
Special 2: Red Focus Attack (Ryu can absorb up to three hits, but it takes much longer to use this version - he can still be thrown like normal)
Special 3: Moment #37 (based on this - negates attacks as long as the animation is going, but can't counter-attack and has a lengthy cooldown to prevent it from being spammed)

I'm sure people who are more familiar with Street Fighter could come up with better B-Down attacks; I wasn't really sure what to do with the Focus Attack.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Lucas

B
PK Paralysis: Fast and paralyzes the foe, low damage
PK Freeze Omega: Much slower, but much stronger (more than PK flash)

Side B
PK Fire Pillar: creates a pillar of fire for extensive damage
PK Fire Omega: More startup, but more damage and knockback, shorter range

Up B
PK Flying Thunder: Works about the same as Ness's but with more distance
PK Thunder Omega: Much stronger, less distance and slower

Down B
PK Shield: Deflects projectiles instead of absorbing them 1.5 multiplier
PK Counter: Acts like a counter, 1.5 multiplier and can't stay out indefinitely.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
B-Down:
Special 2: Red Focus Attack (Ryu can absorb up to three hits, but it takes much longer to use this version - he can still be thrown like normal)
Special 3: Moment #37 (based on this - negates attacks as long as the animation is going, but can't counter-attack and has a lengthy cooldown to prevent it from being spammed)

I'm sure people who are more familiar with Street Fighter could come up with better B-Down attacks; I wasn't really sure what to do with the Focus Attack.
Red Focus is like, the only other thing I could think of. What I've noticed about customs in Smash 4 is, they more or less retain the original animations here and there, but it's not a whole new move entirely.

Top Bottom