• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Diddy had a tech to do X...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This thread is both for fun and for the spawning of ideas for possible research into techs we don't yet know about. Just post a tech that you wish Diddy had, and how it would improve his metagame. Of course, you don't have to describe how to make the tech work; this is moreso a wishlist than a research thread. Don't post "I wish he had a tech that would make him win" or "I wish he could wavedash/other generic tech that Melee/SSB64 players want in Brawl." This is about character-specific (that is, Diddy-specific) techs.

To get started, while wondering about Diddy's recovery I remembered how G&W can use his Double Jump after he uses Up-B and an Aerial, which lead me to think of ways that Diddy's recovery could improve. I wish that one could somehow cancel the end of the Rocketbarrel Boost with a Double Jump (provided you haven't already used it) so that you could use an attack afterward, helping you get back to the stage sooner.

Who knows, something that someone posts might end up becoming a reality some day! Have fun :)

white peachy

Smash Ace
I've been trying to mess around with a new stand-up/tech-chasing idea I've had. Basically it involves following the path the banana travels both off the shield of an opponent and off the character themselves. I've been thinking about using a full hop instant dthrow followed by a fastfall to get grabs where I normally wouldn't due to spacing or trip animation length. Obviously the only stages where I could see this being helpful would be on SV, FD, and maybe to an extent PS1. I've also noticed that after you successfully hit most people with a banana they tend to roll away from you to avoid the run of the mill dash/grab attacks. So you could, conceivably, fullhop (sometimes short hop will suffice) instant throw forward a naner and grab/dash attack whatever. It's really all about prediction. I've found while it sounds good in theory, most really good players are hard to predict and mix up well making it hard to chase. Still instant throws off of sheilds are just fun in general.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I figured out how to jacket the explosions that happen when chars die onto a banana. One hit with a banana and you automatically die=]. Pay me ten dollars to learn it.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Cancel a glidetoss after you glide and before you throw.

Use a b move after you monkey flip kick or hump attack

Use monkey flip more than once in the air.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Cancel a glidetoss after you glide and before you throw.

Use a b move after you monkey flip kick or hump attack

Use monkey flip more than once in the air.
The first one is called weak glidetossing. The 3rd one is doable by using the monkey flip in the ISJ

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The first one is called weak glidetossing. The 3rd one is doable by using the monkey flip in the ISJ
You can use a Weak Glide Toss to barely throw your Banana forward while sliding such that you can immediately pick it up with a Dash Attack, but it doesn't keep the Banana in your hand after the slide by itself. You could say, to an extent, that a Glide Toss without throwing a Banana is essentially Dribbling, albeit a bit more restricted as to where one can do it.

pluck a naner, but have it instantly in his hand
I know you can cancel the Down-B's animation with an aerial before the Banana comes out... Perhaps the timing could be changed so you aerial immediately after the Banana comes out?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I've been trying to mess around with a new stand-up/tech-chasing idea I've had. Basically it involves following the path the banana travels both off the shield of an opponent and off the character themselves. I've been thinking about using a full hop instant dthrow followed by a fastfall to get grabs where I normally wouldn't due to spacing or trip animation length. Obviously the only stages where I could see this being helpful would be on SV, FD, and maybe to an extent PS1. I've also noticed that after you successfully hit most people with a banana they tend to roll away from you to avoid the run of the mill dash/grab attacks. So you could, conceivably, fullhop (sometimes short hop will suffice) instant throw forward a naner and grab/dash attack whatever. It's really all about prediction. I've found while it sounds good in theory, most really good players are hard to predict and mix up well making it hard to chase. Still instant throws off of sheilds are just fun in general.
I remember watching one of Nanners' random videos called "Peach Weekly" or something, and it had a clip of him tripping Sky' I believe, and just running forward, not stopping to try to dash attack or anything, and grabbing as he rolled away, and the caption said, "oh good read."

I've been doing that a lot since then. Quite a bit of people roll the same way away from bananas. Usually when you're far enough, they roll away, so I've just straight dashed and went for a grab instead of whiffing a dash attack to the roll's invinicbility frames.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Yeah Avarice, sometimes it seems like being creative instead of going for a straight grab can pay nice dividends like that. Considering how frequently opponents get hit with bananas during the course of a match, you can definitely gain an advantage by paying attention to their rolls/standups. Especially against people with really quick trip animations.

Top Bottom