• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If a moderator could remove this Thread it would b appreciatted. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Exclamation marks make me more important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
First I looked at it and wondered WHY YOU WERE TALKING LIKE THIS!!!!!!....then I realized it was pretty significant. Being honest, I don't see edgeguarding, but you can knock oppenents back if they jump off the edge and move up back towards the stage. Its a good find since Wolf's blaster has pretty good knockback priority over other moves, and its not hard to accomplish (not like that b-sticking nonsense). Congrats on the find, and good luck with coming up with a name. Probably going to use this more when I remember in the middle of a match lol.

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
First I looked at it and wondered WHY YOU WERE TALKING LIKE THIS!!!!!!....then I realized it was pretty significant. Being honest, I don't see edgeguarding, but you can knock oppenents back if they jump off the edge and move up back towards the stage. Its a good find since Wolf's blaster has pretty good knockback priority over other moves, and its not hard to accomplish (not like that b-sticking nonsense). Congrats on the find, and good luck with coming up with a name. Probably going to use this more when I remember in the middle of a match lol.

Orange text makes you important.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Tyr, your thread doesn't talk about getting a boost while doing neutral B.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
yea conda is right...no talk about the boost....
but anyways...thnx anyways every1 for the positive feedback
i havent tested this with every1...so for all you know its better for some other characters
test it out and let me know
thnx ^_^

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Known. It's just a B reversal in mid air resulting in a reverse in momentum. It's possible to increase it off edges of platforms with some B moves for some characters. I made a whole thread about it here like last week. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158881

There always has to be at least one dickweed to come in and try and completely derail the thread to make their e-peen look bigger. "I ALREDDY NEW" SO. ****ING. WHAT? Is it hurting anyone for this knowledge to be reposted, had it already been posted once? No, because anyone who didn't see it before has a chance of seeing it again.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I still don't really get what you guys are saying. Could somebody please clarify the steps. Iirc the video says neutral B -> jump backwards -> neutral B -> quickly click forward, I'm just not clear on that. Thanks.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
I use this with Mario all the time, actually. It's pretty simple with him.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps you should have gone to sleep before making this post because everything about your sentences is wrong and hard to read..

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I'm not completely sure, since I'm not at my Wii right now, and since the actions a little quick for me to pick apart what's going on, but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is an exploitation of the same mechanic that allows for Retreating Specials, the (temporarily named, still, I think..) B-Reversal.

Lemme see if I can pick out what's happening, related to the first thing you showed in the video, at least. You're facing right to start, then you turn and jump backwards, so that you are now, if only briefly, facing left. From here, you press B and slam right on the Control Stick, and your character reverses his direction and his momentum, so that he is now heading right facing right.

I.. think that's correct. Like I said, hard for me to tell just on the video if that's correct, without being able to try it myself. If that's correct, then this is, indeed, an example of a B-Reversal. The B-Reversal is similar to the turnaround B from Melee (which is still present in Brawl), only the B-Reversal can be performed with any Special (excepting a few unique moves, Ganondorf and C. Falcon's neutral B's, for example, because they already have a built in sensitivity to pressing back immediately after initiation) and it can be performed in the air and on the ground alike. To perform, you simply initiate a special in one direction, then immediately press the opposite direction on the Control Stick. Done on the ground or without horizontal movement in the air, it'll simply turn you around. Done in the air with horizontal momentum, however, and it will reverse not only your direction, but also your momentum. I think you can see how this is evidently related to what you're doing.

Now, to everlasting yayehzz, the fact that it is already known doesn't necessarily mean "go to hell." Quite frankly, it's pretty much our duty to inform the OP that it is known and that there is in fact, more information regarding it that he may be interested in, that he had not yet realize, like its potential to be done on any Special, not just neutrals. It'd be selfish of us to keep that to ourselves. It's inevitable that he's going to be informed this is documented.

With this, it's understandable for this topic to be continually revisited, because information about it is completely absent in the "new AT" sticky (as far as I know; I haven't checked too recently) and the original thread on B-Reversal by Zero9teen is most likely buried a few pages back. There is some explanation of B-Reversal in my C-Stick Compendium sticky, but that's not plainly evident from the title or expected content, so there's no way the OP should've known to look there for it.

Tyr offered a link to his thread which already contains some further documentation of the technique. If the OP wanted to learn more than he knew about it already, then that might be a good place to look. I'm going to do the same, in giving Zero9teen's original thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152815. That doesn't mean I'm telling the OP to shut up, though. I'm simply referring him to an already existing thread that has investigated much more thoroughly the topic in question, because the OP probably would like to know if there are further possibilities that he had not realized.

I understand where you're coming from. It's condescending for people to just waltz into a thread and proclaim ignorance on the part of the OP, but not everyone is acting that way.

_X_

Smash Lord
There always has to be at least one dickweed to come in and try and completely derail the thread to make their e-peen look bigger. "I ALREDDY NEW" SO. ****ING. WHAT? Is it hurting anyone for this knowledge to be reposted, had it already been posted once? No, because anyone who didn't see it before has a chance of seeing it again.
Search before you make a new thread?

This really isn't going to approve approaching. The fact that it uses a projectile just makes it less viable offensively. This just proves that projectile dominance is still overly present in this game. It was a nice shot, but camping will always be the superior tactic. I occasionally do this with Mario to change my momentum, though.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Let me try and clarify this, the direction of ur jump doesn't matter.

Step 1: Jump with a direction. Direction doesn't matter as long as its not straight up.

(Option 1)
Step 2: B4 u reach the highest point in ur jump click b and almost immediately smash the control stick in the OPPOSITE direction of ur jump.

(Option 2)
Step 2: After u pass the highest point of ur jump press B and almost immediately smash the control stick in the SAME direction ur jumping.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
yea....this AT will be better than it seems right now
for 1...its an excelllent mind game during games if you use it right
and 2...it is a pretty good at approaching...b/c its both a mindgame and when you use the 1st option you land closer to the opponent then you were to begin with...with wolf this is pretty good bc he has the claw on his claw =]

Foxy

Smash Master
Was in Melee.

It's not B-reversal.

It's simply DI during the move.

It was an essential tool especially for Melee Fox and Falco, allowing them to approach or camp with SHL's.

HOWEVER, it does appear that the timing in Brawl is more specific, and judging by your description you have to smash in a direction as soon as the move is performed, rather than just DI any time during the move.

So: not new at all, but possibly changed.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Using this in the air doesn't actually "boost" your momentum at all. It simply changes the direction. The boost I refered to when I provided the link to my previous thread refers to certain B moves used on edges of platforms and stages that actually send you a further horizontal distance than you would by simply running off a ledge. Examples include Mario's Cape, DK's Side B etc. These can be reversed as well in the same way. I've actually seen other threads on this same technique as well. The tactical board is terribly disorganized. It'd be great if we could get some kind of decent technique compilation thread so people don't think they've found the same new technique every week. As far as uses it pretty much depends on the character and situation. For some characters it's virtually useless and for others it can be very nice. While I'm on the subject, not all B moves can even do this technique. Some B moves cannot be reversed at all as far as I can tell such as Samus's missile and charge shot as well as Ness's and Lucas's PK Thunder. I'm sure there are a few others. It's more than just DI, it's actually some strange function of B moves that the developers put into Brawl.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Ur wrong, all B moves have this function, i.e. Samus, Kirby DDD everyones neutral B does it, its just more pronounced with some characters than others. I think its a function of the combination of Jump and B move b/c if u do the technique in the second half of ur jump u get a different result.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
this is really cool. thanks man. lol discovering new Ats gets u flamed now?

maybe its not new but still useful for the people who missed the original. oh well. how well does this work with chars like toon link?

Sunchy

Smash Rookie
Orange text makes you important.
Hell to the yea! Orange text is awesome and less of a strain on my eyes...

Anyways, I'm glad I can delete those dumb replays of mine performing this technique. I was going to look into it, but I got lazy. And yea, thanks to this particular thread, I know about this move. I don't go looking for the newest AT's everyday, but I do look at new threads everyday :]

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I did this recently with Toon Link. I think this is actually wavebouncing, just without the aid of the Bstick.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I give this a 3/10 because most people naturally figure out by themselves what techniques build their characters momentum. This is nothing new and most people have been doing this already with the new havoc physics system.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
This really amounts to DI'ing during your neutral B. In fairness it is a specific way to DI that some people might not have thought of but your "HOLY **** NEW AT MUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!(EXCLAMATION POINT!)" titles are more than a little ridiculous, especially for something this small and specific.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Let me try and clarify this, the direction of ur jump doesn't matter.

Step 1: Jump with a direction. Direction doesn't matter as long as its not straight up.

(Option 1)
Step 2: B4 u reach the highest point in ur jump click b and almost immediately smash the control stick in the OPPOSITE direction of ur jump.

(Option 2)
Step 2: After u pass the highest point of ur jump press B and almost immediately smash the control stick in the SAME direction ur jumping.
Okay. You just decribed, exactly, how to perform a B-Reversal.

This is a B-Reversal, plain and simple. It's handy, and anyone who doesn't know about it should know about it. It works on any special move, not just neutrals, excepting only a few specific moves on certain characters that don't allow for it. A B-Reversal reverses your direction and your momentum. This is what you are doing.

This is also NOT a Recoil Special, commonly referred to by the blanket term "B-Sticking" and the unfavorable, ugly term "wavebouncing." This is a component of a Recoil Special. This is what allows a Recoil Special to happen, but it is not, in itself, a Recoil Special. A Recoil Special consists of a turnaround B immediately followed by a B-Reversal, resulting in your direction being reversed twice, making your character face the direction he originally was, and your momentum being reversed once, hence a "Recoil."

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Common Sence is common.
Wait.... no its not.....

Most people do this in the opposite for Defensive techniques. Jump forward then Backward.
But meh

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
maybe next week they'll discover crawling. OMG GUYS NEW AT SNAKE CAN MOVE WHILE CROUCHING!!!! DISCOVERED FIRST BY CANDY AND GONZO!!!

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
im not sure how this is common sense?
i garentee you that yall did not know about this
i dont think you understand what it is?
and Tyr 03: how big of a loser are you? seriously
if all you do is go on smashboards all day b/c you dont have a life and leaving pointless comments like that...then thats just sad -_-
just b/c your a *** doesnt mean you need try to take ppl down with you
fuking loser

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
maybe next week they'll discover crawling. OMG GUYS NEW AT SNAKE CAN MOVE WHILE CROUCHING!!!! DISCOVERED FIRST BY CANDY AND GONZO!!!
Well.. clearly this fool is misunderstanding how groundbreaking the techs these fine gentlemen are discovering really are...

Place at a Tournament and then I will take you seriously.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
haha you tell em ch0zen1 you sexy beast
cant fux with our crew
and yea every1...this AT is not that bad
since im a wolf main
i already put this into my gameplay
and it works out quite well
yall should try it ^_^
and rich....STD this weekend? get crunk and play alil brawl?
i need to play your d3 cause thats whos giving my wolf most trouble
so what do you say?

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I mean... yee ^_^ [depending on whether not Gumby's mom is still out of town, and they can/can't stay the night at my house] ...

Hmm.. this sexy new tech, makes for some hilarious WaddleDee spamming ;p

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been known for quite some time. It's ridiculous how obnoxious you guys are...

Maybe if Candy or Gonzo place well in a tournament, I'll take them seriously. Well, even if you did, I still wouldn't. It's not going to happen anyways. You're just going to trying to do your "advance techniques" that don't help at all.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this is B-reversal.
Nothing discovered.
Although I have discovered
that talking like this is awesome.
Maybe next I'll
have to make a thread where I
take credit for other people's AT's (see Recoil Special or B Reversal)
and talk about my "crew"
like we're a bunch of gold-toothed thugs
and not just a bunch of pasty white guys
with no class and a video camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom