• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Turning Shadow Moses Island into a Legal Teams Stage

projectmcool2

Smash Rookie
I personally have Shadow Moses Island turned on because I find it enjoyable to play on. The wall juggle/teching shenanigans are just too fun. I think it could work as a viable doubles stage if the walls never collapsed and the top floor was turned into a Battlefield style middle platform. Thoughts?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Without walls and being able to fall off the sides (where the walls used to be, it could be pretty legit honestly.

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Even without the walls, the stage still may not be tourney legal due to the possibility of camping near the blast zone. It is too easy too simply grab the opponent and throw him/her into the blast zone.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Pokemon stadium one, says "Hi."
PS1 is only (sometimes) touney legal in PM bcuz Melee where it was allowed due to lack of many neutral stages. This is no longer an issue in PM, so it's Rock/Fire transformations should be altered to be neutral, or it should be delegated to banned top row/page 2.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
It was a joke. Also, just because it was altered doesn't change the fact the original version has definitely been legal for a while before the banning, and alteration.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
PS1 is only (sometimes) touney legal in PM bcuz Melee where it was allowed due to lack of many neutral stages. This is no longer an issue in PM, so it's Rock/Fire transformations should be altered to be neutral, or it should be delegated to banned top row/page 2.
At the weekly that I play at we actually have PS1 banned because it doesn't make sense for people who would like to strike Pokemon Stadium against Fox to have to use two of their bans on what is pretty much the same stage.

Bazkip

Smash Master
At the weekly that I play at we actually have PS1 banned because it doesn't make sense for people who would like to strike Pokemon Stadium against Fox to have to use two of their bans on what is pretty much the same stage.
Hence the sometimes I added in brackets, the weekly at my city has it banned and I've also seen other places ban it too. But it wasn't banned at APEX, though I believe that was simply for convenience. This is why I think it shouldn't have that first page second row spot.

projectmcool2

Smash Rookie
Without walls and being able to fall off the sides (where the walls used to be, it could be pretty legit honestly.
But the walls are what make the stage fun... :dizzy: With the top floor turned into a smaller middle platform I don't think you could abuse the walls as much for juggling either, it would take more skill. If wall juggle abuse is still a problem, increase the ceiling blast zone a bit?

Man, if I knew how to edit stages I would make what I'm describing and record playing teams on it as a proof of concept. In hindsight, my idea probably wouldn't fly in tourney at all. A stage where ceiling KOs are the only means for taking stocks is unprecedented. Your idea of replacing the walls with empty space would admittedly be more neutral overall, but I'd still like to see how people would react to mine in actual play.

Last edited:

W¡ndy

Smash Cadet
But the walls are what make the stage fun... :dizzy: With the top floor turned into a smaller middle platform I don't think you could abuse the walls as much for juggling either, it would take more skill. If wall juggle abuse is still a problem, increase the ceiling blast zone a bit?

Man, if I knew how to edit stages I would make what I'm describing and record playing teams on it as a proof of concept. In hindsight, my idea probably wouldn't fly in tourney at all. A stage where ceiling KOs are the only means for taking stocks is unprecedented. Your idea of replacing the walls with empty space would admittedly be more neutral overall, but I'd still like to see how people would react to mine in actual play.

Unfortunately, competitive players hate fun. (and change.)

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, competitive players hate fun. (and change.)
I think it's less about the fact that it's different and fun in casual play and more about how it effectively neuters all the characters that primarily kill off of the side, allows infinites with some characters, and gives a huge advantage to characters that primarily kill off of the top, like Fox.

Top Bottom