• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea pitch: War Mode

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I couldn't find an idea submission thread so I guess l'll post it here.

Basically, the idea is to pick a character per stock instead of per match. Eventhough within the mode it would be possible to pick the same character 4 times and let your opponent vary it up. I think it would be interesting to witness the intense clash from both parties and see who ends up adapting better.

l got the idea from Soul Calibur 2's Team Battle Mode:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhvpxq7NZBA

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
This has been discussed a few times in the past, but it isn't possible right now.
I hear Dantarion got an idea of how he could "ping" characters to make them switch out while working on the clone engine, currently it's just speculation though.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Ok, l believe it's a matter of time now. Because this is kinda how pokemon trainer used to work.
Besides the possibility of working or not. What do you guys think of the main idea?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I just wished the current crew battle mode remembered your current damage percentage.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I posted a thread about the same idea a year ago.
Hopefully it will be implemented in the next version or two... maybe three

....or four

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Why? Crew battles don't work that way.
It just seems to make more sense that if you're going to remember how much stock they had left, you should also remember percentage. Why is it so advantageous to end a match with 2 stocks left and 120% vs 1 stock left and 0%?

They also always call this battle type "Pokemon style", and in Pokemon you don't heal upon killing a pokemon.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I like to think of it as a reward for closing out that stock or some sort of checkpoint. It'd suck to get slapped off the screen in a single move.

If you want to see it pokemon style, you can think of each stock as 25% of a player's HP.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
If you want to see it pokemon style, you can think of each stock as 25% of a player's HP.
It's not though, because you don't die at a fixed percentage in this game. 4 stocks could comprise anywhere between 350% damage and 700% damage.

The way I really wish that it worked was that you, say, picked 5 characters per side before the match started, and then you get some number of stocks per character and it just goes straight to the next one when you run out, without stopping the fight at all. Obviously this is impossible in current Brawl, but I think you'd be closer to this if you kept the damage percentage.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like it would be hard to implement, but if it were I would play the crap out of this. That would be so much fun.

Touching_Everything

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure... but Could they not use the code or alter it. Since it was used(or Something very similar) for the story mode?
But I'd say the main issue is if someone chooses the x99 stock.
(also I know its wrong... or something-Just... a thought.

Also, since I'm new and don't feel comfortable adding a new forum.. I'll add my own ideas here...
-Wall jumping for every character
-edge grabbing from behind
-No guarding or rolling(Just something i'd like to use practicing mind games of dashing back and forth)
All for special bra-...Melee?

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I'm not sure... but Could they not use the code or alter it. Since it was used(or Something very similar) for the story mode?
But I'd say the main issue is if someone chooses the x99 stock.
(also I know its wrong... or something-Just... a thought.

Also, since I'm new and don't feel comfortable adding a new forum.. I'll add my own ideas here...
-Wall jumping for every character
-edge grabbing from behind
-No guarding or rolling(Just something i'd like to use practicing mind games of dashing back and forth)
All for special bra-...Melee?
If this ever happens, I'm pretty sure the stock limit will be far from 99. (10 maybe?)

Top Bottom