• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea For The PMDT (Any Future Version)

Do you think PM should get a new Subspace Emissary?

• Total voters

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I think that the PMDT should make their own version of Subspace Emissary. I know that it would take forever but t would make PM much better than Brawl. I can't imagine how long it would take but you could make a new story, new cutscenes, new bosses, and a new soundtrack, etc. I think it's just a neat idea.

Last edited:

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
That would be a good idea but it'd take forever to make new cutscenes and levels let alone finding out how to hack everything.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
It would be pretty cool, but it would probably take a few years to finish it. I don't know if the PMDT has that much time.

Foo

Smash Lord
It would be neat, but the amount of effort that would take compared to what it'd be worth is kinda laughable. I mean, if someone wanted to code all that, I'm sure the dev team would let them hop aboard and go for it, but that's unlikely.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I already know you can retexture stages, but I've never seen anyone actually change the stage. I also know that songs can be replaced, enemies can be replaced, and bosses as well so that's like half of it. I haven't seen anyone change the map or cutscenes. The PMDT has done many things unbelievable though. They made stock icons for every character to appear in battle, new events, new characters, ASL with .rel as well, HD stages, new modes, new mechanics, new items, and the list just keeps going. I really hope that they at least consider the idea no matter how ridiculously hard it would be.

Foo

Smash Lord
How would that even work lmao. Wii has 4 controller slots, and Wiis don't have the power to run that anyways. Wiis occasionally crash on all-star as it is.
Maybe 4 GC controllers, 4 wiimotes? I mean, I know it will never happen (at least not made by the PMDT), but it MAY be possible. Probably not though, at least not without physically pimping out your wii.

GanondorkMSK!

Smash Rookie
It would be pretty cool, but yeah a lot of work
And then we would have to wait for pretty damn long for an update...

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I once played ninety nine stock all-star with different characters for each stock without the game crashing, the coding is what makes it freeze not the hardware.

Four GC and four Wiimotes would be necassary unless PMDT somehow makes the adaptors compatible. Then you could probably just run it off Wii U. Not sure if using a Wii U would make it any better.

What I meant about eight players was that I would like that better than new subspace.

GanondorkMSK!

Smash Rookie
Yeah eight players would be a better addition.

It would definitely be used more than subspace.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
I'd much rather play a revamped Classic Mode with:

-All-star Versus stocks (you choose a character for each stock)
-A character specific Target Smash
-Board the platform instead of a second Target Smash
-Addition of a Race to the finish more akin to the first stage of the adventure mode in Melee (short platformer with various enemies and traps)
-Addition of a random mid-boss from Subspace just before the hands
-Make master & crazy hands smarter and more fun to play against
-New ending

I personally don't want a part of the PMDT to loose time on a gigantic mode like SSE when we all know that it would be played one or two times by most players.

The classic mode could be lot better with little adjustments. Not SSE. On the other side, 8-players would be a very fun addition, but I don't know if it's doable by coders... maybe 5-players is workable without lag?

Lastly, I'd love a new video or mode to serve as a guide for beginners: How to play Project M. Just teach the basics (movement, specials, tilts...) and gradually add depth to it (DI, spacing, L-cancel, wavedash...).

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I voted against it. I love the idea, but it's simply just too time-consuming for the PMDT. It's pretty important to consider that they also have their own lives to live. Working on fixing bugs, adding new characters, and adding alternate costumes already takes an enormous amount of time.

Top Bottom