• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Edition Select for Project M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
Some people are never satisfied with character alterations, and there will always be those who want to go back to their old characters at points. One need only look at these forums to observe the complaints about the balance of certain characters and how much some players hate nerfs that were given them.

Thus, I propose a an idea, one that has worked rather well for another prominent fighter.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhECaPwsho)

It's called Edition Select, and the way it works is that it allows players to select between iterations of characters from different editions of the game. I think it would work well in project M, allowing people who enjoyed 2.5 sonic or 2.1 lucario to pick them up and spar with current characters. Heck, it may even allow certain characters to adopt their unaltered melee stats.

What do you folks think of this idea? Could it be implemented? Should it?

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
While I think this could be a pretty neat idea as far as friendly matches go, there would inevitably be people who would want to use those editions of characters in tourneys. It would be easy enough to just say that you have to use the current edition, but then you might have people who only practice with 2.1 Luc and the like. It's a pretty cool idea, but not enough characters have been so radically changed that it would be worth the effort.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Technically infeasible and there's no real reason for us to try and fragment the playerbase like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom