• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers vs Diddy or vicsa verca

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
how would you fight against a really good ice climbers?
one that knows how to
- combo really well
-ice sheld
-etc etc

and knows his/her person(ice Climbers) really well and bananas doesnt help much... ive failed miserablly...

other than that any tips?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I haven't fought good ICs, but my suggestion is to get them desynched and thats when you strike and get them off the cliff, thats how i generally win

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres only 2 things i can say towards fighting ice climbers

1. dont get grabbed
2. kill the *****, then things become simple

seriously though, i have no good advice to give against ice climbers besides those two comical things things >.>

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, do not do the above to a good IC player. If you did that to me I would endlessly hammer swing you. I do it enough as is, and I desynch enough as is. But yes its good to get Nana off but I've beat people with just Popo. Fairly good people too.

However, the above does work if the ICs are high in damage %.

But to beat them:

1. Don't get grabbed.
2. Gimp their recovery
3. Edgehog like a madman
4. Don't get caught in a 0 to death combo
5. Dash grabbing works well, ocasionally, but don't miss!!!
6. You'll want to try and keep them off of the stage if at all possible, and attack on the recovery to the stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
No, do not do the above to a good IC player. If you did that to me I would endlessly hammer swing you. I do it enough as is, and I desynch enough as is. But yes its good to get Nana off but I've beat people with just Popo. Fairly good people too.

However, the above does work if the ICs are high in damage %.

But to beat them:

1. Don't get grabbed.
2. Gimp their recovery
3. Edgehog like a madman
4. Don't get caught in a 0 to death combo
5. Dash grabbing works well, ocasionally, but don't miss!!!
6. You'll want to try and keep them off of the stage if at all possible, and attack on the recovery to the stage.
I'm talking about a glide toss into smash attack when they're at high percentages, so they're desynched in the air and can't recover as well

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Like everyone is saying, don't get grabbed. Also, keep your distance. I find that offstage fighting is where you want the action to go down. While they may be a threat, they cannot grab you offstage so they lose a lot.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Ice climbers is a fair match if you know how to play well. My strategy is to keep a banana at ALL times in front of me. If he chaingrabs, he'll just slip and get like 1 rep in.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He van CG away from it or just Dthtow you into a CG.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
never dash grab to ice climbers thats jus asking fo a zero to death cg. banana spam is really useful vs ic's . don't make it obvious though and jus throw them. jus pull em out and stay close to em jus in case u get grabbed they slip then jus carry on from there. jus fight. im sur if u jus fight as if u never pulled them out than they will occasionally roll in to one. I beat ic's all the time its not that hard.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
IC's vs. Diddy is actually a fair match-up. The two biggest things is to not get grabbed, and separate the IC's and gimp Nana. Diddy's main saving grace in this match-up are bananas which help separate the IC's(so you better get good at using them), and his superior off stage abilities allowing him to kill Nana on recovery.

EDIT:

One word of advice I'd like to give is that I've seen some Diddy players glide toss bananas towards the IC's, NEVER do that! Always glide toss backwards.

Scala

Smash Ace
Keep bananas laying around close to yourself at all times. If they start to combo you horizontally they will eventually run into it and trip and not make it to the ledge for a spike.

You can make so much chaos with diddy that they won't be able to keep track of themselves.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Keep a very close eye on your bananas. You can't go all out with bananas on IC, because since there's two of them, both of your nanas can be picked up at the same time and thrown at you. In this matchup, I almost completely refrain from using bananas. Also don't get grabbed. Self explanatory. Keep IC's off the stage.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
ive also noticed this.. its really hard to kill nana.. the piink one
once i do that im set but thats the only problem i seem to have:

seperateing the 2

any tips on thnis?

Top Bottom