• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Ice Block Infinite (Vid Inside)

Umby

Smash Master
I think it's commonly referred to as Ice lock. It's been done before.

edit: however, I am confused as to how Pikachu got stuck at one spot for a few seconds.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
How much damage would the lock usually rack up? Also, when doing the lock, is it better to do it in a down throw? I'm asking this again because I've always wondered what throw to use when you are spiking someone into the ground.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ok, basically, you grab the opponent, then you make the AI Ice Climber jump using a jump button. After making the AI Ice Climber jump, you immediately do a down throw/ forward throw (most people seem to do down throw) using the control stick while the AI Ice climber is occupied by the jump command. Then, you do a forward smash with the AI Ice climber to spike the person into the ground. As the AI Ice Climber is spiking, you use ice shot. By the time you start ice shot, your AI Ice climber should land behind you, allowing you to do a desynced ice shot chain, therefore locking the person in the lying down animation as you are pummeling them with ice.

Does anyone know if you should C-stick the spike command or not?

GofG

Smash Champion
Press X, press down, press forward a, rapidly press B. Nearly instantly, but with a rhythm. Slight variances for different characters.

Popertop

Smash Champion
It would help if you guys made a video tutorial showing what you did with your controller.
Not maybe with this cause the timing for this is pretty easy to get down, but for other hard stuff like alternating throws.

Henryhta

Smash Rookie
nice, :laugh: that was cool!

Top Bottom