• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers combos for floaty Chars

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
If Chu ever played Ka-Master, I'm almost positive he'd switch to one of his low tiers >.> He did beat Drephen's Luigi at OC3 though, but it was insanely close and most of Chu's killed looked like random smashes. As far as Jiggs' pound goes, I find it extremely easy to punish. If she's to low to the ground you can shield grab, if she's a bit above you can jump outta shield into u/b-airs.

The biggest problem with Luigi isn't his maneuverability with wavedashes, it's his ability to do so many aerials and eat away at your shield. I like choknater's idea of d-airs, but against Luigi, I'd only use d-airs when Luigi is air borne... in between attacks. CC d-smash ***** Nana, and u-air out prioritizes >.< Luckily Luigi is really easy to edge guard, just jump way out with b-airs and interrupt his foward b, and pray for no misfires.

EDIT: Woh this is Azn Lep, no idea how I got on M2K's account... must be stored cache

D

Deleted member

a smart IC player would know that their shield when combined with their low traction won't help fight luigi's air game at all, and would thus stop trying to shield-*** him. If chu really wanted to beat a luigi player, I would imagine he'd be better off evading air attacks than blocking them and trying to abuse the range of ICs fair and bair on luigi's low air mobility.

just my opinion from playing chu occasionally, I'd give him more credit than that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I like choknater's idea of d-airs, but against Luigi, I'd only use d-airs when Luigi is air borne... in between attacks. CC d-smash ***** Nana, and u-air out prioritizes >.<
er, yeah. that's what i meant about the dairs... i hate CC's xD. thanks for clarifying. for me it's just sort of a way to keep him from getting too close too often. it's quick, covers the whole IC body, and taps floaties just enough that they can't retaliate immediately.

lol @ azn lep being the best player in the world, too good :D

anyway, today i played against my friend's jigglypuff. i actually pulled combos of constant shffl dairs. i don't think they were true combos, but they were unexpected and still worked. like 3 or 4 of them spammed on jigglypuff. in the same match, i did 3 of them with just popo. i'm surprised it worked and i'd gladly do it again to another jigglypuff... but i think i'd be prone to a shield grab at some point.

i'd like to practice this more but i don't have a gamecube atm :'C

Top Bottom