• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC vs. Samus on FD

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
This is totally in Samus's favor, what with better projectiles, smash attacks that outrange my tilts and a killer recovery.

I can't even beat my scrub friends in this matchup. Help.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL I have the same problem. My friend likes to launch missiles non-stop and then shoulder-tackle when I'm close. It's hard to close the gap without getting pummeled but I manage to come out on top. BARELY.

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
^Yeah, that's how I approach usually.

Scrub Sami (<_< Yeah, that's how I say it plural) usually get giddy when you get in close, and as said Speed said, shoulder tackle a TON.

At that point, you could WD back into a Jump-Cancelled grab or WD back into a smash (FSmash is the best choice in that situation).

Against a good Samus though... he's pretty much got you beat.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
My tactic vs samus is to lose the first game, then pick ganon on battlefield... I gave up the samus vs ic matchup...

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
IC vs Samus can go either way but when im going up against a samus player in a tournament i say to myself "SCREW IC's!!!!! IM GOING SHEIK!!!!!!"

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL I have the same problem. My friend likes to launch missiles non-stop and then shoulder-tackle when I'm close. It's hard to close the gap without getting pummeled but I manage to come out on top. BARELY.
My Samus friend recently had a revelation. He calls me cheap for doing a desynched Ice Block approach, right? So he decides to launch missiles NON-****ING-STOP, shouldertackle through my sheild, run to the other side of FD and continue launching. My sheild can't take that kind of punishment so I figured I would try something else. I can't get the timing down yet because I'm not skilled enough but maybe you guys can test this out. The Climbers should be desynched.

As you guys know(or should know), The Parka twins' Dair cancels out a missile so I figured that by doing a desynched Dair approach, it may eliminate the threat of a missile spammer entirely! Basically, while doing the Block approach, if a missile is headed your way, have either Popo or Nana(whoever's turn it is to attack) short hop in front and Dair. If they continue, alternate accordingly. You'll gradually get closer(hopefully) unscathed and you can follow up with your own attack. As a side note, desynched Dair may also work with a wall as a psuedo-Drill shine infinite, since Dair's knockback is constant, no matter what %age.

Please note that I have NOT gotten the timing for this down so I'm not positively sure that it works. If one of you guys could test it out while I'm researching, it would be greatly appreciated.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, I doubt it would work just because any smart Samus player would see you approaching and just f-tilt you out of your d-air.

You would probably be better off slowly approaching with angled f-tilts. Break the missile, start walking, then try and maintain a distance where you can react to Samus' approach. B-air also works to do this, but the timing is harder.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I can't approach with F-tilts, because that means I eat a charge shot to the face. By the time I recover, he has another one ready.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will...why don't you just shield when they charge shot?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Duck and make them come closer, unless the SHthe missle so it flies along the ground... then you're screwed.

Top Bottom