• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Practice

Binx

Smash Master
Ok so basically I have decided to main ICs, I have most of my experience with marth which really helped my spacing, so I am pretty good there, and I also used fox and falco plenty so I have a decent level of tech skill, but I am messing up on things with ICs that dont seem like they should be all that hard.

So basically some things I want to learn are usefull chain grabs, fast desynchs to get out iceblocks or blizzards and wierd times with just nana and learning better control of my desynched characters.

As far as chain grabbing goes it seems like dthrow dair works on the majority of characters and of course wobbles, also I really like the dthrow fair dsmash one although the timing for it seems tricky.

I cant seem to make my desyched ICs throw iceblocks and wavedash like ive seen in two climbers two hands I think it was, or DV, one of those. Is it timing or do you just have to wavedash and hold b as fast as possible.

A desynch that I have been having alot of fun with is a quick forward back forward dash dance with popo into a nana blizzard. Is there something like this that works for iceblocks?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I'm a big time advocate of the whiffed grab desynch. It's pretty quick and it covers your tracks somewhat decently if you actually attempted a grab on an enemy, I guess. It takes some getting used to if you're not used to it though because usually, as an IC player, we're usually thinking "Oh man, I missed a grab. Regroup and try again" whereas we could be thinking "Oh man, I missed a grab. Desynch and try again.". Hell, even I screw up the whiffed grab desynch about 60 % of the time because I usually shield after missing a grab. You can turn this into a block chaser though and regrab or you can smash for someone attempting to punish your missed grab.

Waveblocks are flashy but ultimately useless as blocks are relatively useless projectiles. lol But yeah, just get your timing down and input the wavedash command in as soon as you finish the block command. It's pretty easy.

i'll answer more but I'm listening to 1Up Yours right now. I'll add more when the podcast is done. LOL

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I usually do the more simple things, most of this thread is so I can learn some flashy things to bust out in friendlies.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well, there's nothing more flashy than a good desynch combo but those can't be taught. But some set-ups can. Check out the desynch combos thread that I started. I haven't ascended very far but the posters in this forums have given some very good advice on desynch combo setups and stuff.

Any time you grab, a desynch combo can be set up. Easiest desynch setup in the game, hence why IC grab game is so devastating(well that and their ridiculous chaingrabs...)

(As mentioned before) Whiffed Grab desynch covers your tracks pretty well. If you, like me, have habit of shielding after missing a grab and your opponent knows this, bust this out. When I remember to desynch, I usually bust out a Dsmash with Nana out of this. not to mention virtually no one knows that you can desynch out of a missed grab, not even many IC players, so it usually catches people by surprise.

Turnaround desynch is another underused desynch. In this one, Popo does a turnaround Ftilt and Nana does a jab. From this, Nana can do anything, followed by Popo, followed by nana, etc. Not many practical applications though, unless your opponent loves to roll behind you. lol NME rolls behind -> TA Desynch -> Nanablizzard -> Grab -> stock

Squall Hammer Desynch is good for when you're recovering to the stage from relatively close. Just Squall Hammer back to the stage but land on the stage while you're still spinning. As soon as the animation ends, input the command that you want Nana to do. Note: This only works if you input the command AFTER the animation is about finished so the timing is tricky but it's pretty useful for someone attempting to punish you after recovering.

Dsmash Desynch is something that Wobbles and I have discovered but we still haven't figured out completely how to do it yet. Once I figure it out though, it'll probably be the best desynch out there because Dsmash is a HUGE part of IC's game. Just imagine Wavedsmash desynch -> Nana nair ->popo grab -> stock

Just check out the desynch thread. Both mine and the stickied one.

CapnDeath

Smash Rookie
During the 4 frames of stun after landing can you desynch? Yeah dsmash desynch would be awesome as hell.

Top Bottom