• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC power rankings

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Florida:

1- Uber Ice
2- Hozart

U.S.

1- Chu Dat
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Unfortunately, that's all I can contribute for you at the moment. For this to be accurate, it's necessary that one put up tournaments they've attended with professional players so there's no argument. I might update this as the debate ensues. :)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
There is no clear second to Chu Dat. There are a lot of really good players like Wobbles or Trail, but they don't play the same people so it's hard to say who's better.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Hozart > Frozenwave

Oh all my vids are on youtube again, search Frozenwave ssbm and there should be like 3 video's? Can you guys rate me please? apparently best in UK for being the only one LOL

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
I dunno charles said im better then Monty and ive improved quite much from when you last saw me Bronze. Delphiki ive added some stuff on Smashwiki. But hey US iceys, ranking list anyone?

And can you guys rate my vids and tell me what i need to improve?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I really have no professional reference for this, it's just my opinion from word of mouth, tourney results, and video.

1. Chu
2. Wobbles
3. Trail
4. Me
5. Hozart
6. n1ck3
7. Nealdt
8. Meep
9. Sidefx
10. Delphinki

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, people don't know me yet. it's okay :p

1. chu
2. wobbles
3. trail (?)

pretty much set in stone. the rest don't really have COMPARABLE tournament results that allow them to be ranked on a national scale.

as for norcal:
sidefx, choknater, and delphiki all seem pretty close to me if you think about it.

rankers they have beaten in tournaments:
sidefx - a LOT of norcalers, the SNAP at nct2
choknater - Falcomist, KFC, 1-1 with frotaz
delphiki - simna (not sure, he can probably enlighten you here lol)

so as far as TOURNAMENTS go
1. sidefx
2. choknater
3. delphiki
4. zhu
5. lonoki
6. cavesonic

something like that.

ic dittos are ridiculous dittos so you can't really compare from it. i went 1-0 on sidefx and 1-1 on delphiki but none of us played seriously lol. (at least i don't think we did, especially from all the show-offy desynchs we did.)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think we could make this official. I say we all dig up the vids we can find of possible contenders for top 10 Climbers, then we can each make a list of what we think the top 10 are. After that, we tally the points from each list (1st is 10 pts, 2nd is 9 pts, 4 is 7 pts, etc.,).

So, if we get several players to make a list of their top 10, we can make an official Ice Climbers Power Rankings. Please make all decisions educated and well thought out. I'll redo my list after I watch some vids of more players.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OK I need to watch vids of Azn_Lep, Hozart, Mich, Meepxzero, n1ck3, Frozen Wave, and Sidefx. I'll start looking on Youtube.

I'd really like to do a real ranking system. Maybe it will become a precedent for other CSpecific forums.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
IMO, Meepxzero's IC's are awesome. And Uber Ice's IC'S are rediculous, they play just like Chu's. And Hozart is also rediculous, his IC' s are mad good.

This is DaShizWiz posting on KeepSpeedN's name by accident >_>.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Ok I made some changes to my list after I watched some vids:

1. Chu Dat
2. HoChihMinhTrail
3. Domo
4. Wobbles the Phoenix
5. Azn_Lep
6. Sidefx
7. Hozart
8. choknater
9. Delphiki
10. Uber Ice

This is definite. I figure we'll need at least five lists in order to make an ICPR. We've got two so far. Remember to keep decisions intelligent, don't make decisions based on hearsay.

I still haven't found vids of Sidefx, n1ck3, or Meepxzero. Does anyone have any?

technomancer

Smash Champion
I'll vouch for Meep to be ranked 6-10. He's very good, his style is slick, but not as good as Chu though. From what I can tell he's top 5 in TA. (Aho, KM, Fonz, G-Reg, Meep... uh... Chin... Kirbster... gah I can't make a list TA is too ****in' good)

Blues is also very good but I've only seen him play once, so I can't vouch.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i still dun get why people regard domo as a good ic player his vids werent impressive -_-a i still fall asleep remembering royal vs him its just cuz hes japanese people ride on his ***.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
ooo this is fun :p here are my ref. for 2nd :)

known players beat in tournie:

dope(past 4 tournies ;P)
vidjo
drephen
darkrain
kish prime
kish squared
da dave
Zulu
jiano
tink
wes
B-Ryan
the doug
doraki
viperboy
watty
KillaOR

beat in mm's:

chillin(i want to have sex with this man and gain his skills)
koreanDJ(you should of tried to get your revenge when i drove out to NY :p)

my top 4 (from what ive seen and know from tournie results):
chu
trail
meep
wobbles

other players ive seen play that i think are solid as hell.

hozart (beat me in dittos)
neal (cool desync vids)
blues (played with wuwu :p and got froed but still was solid.)
ramonnoodles (close ditto sets with me... i suck at such things.)

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
from my personal exp form playing them in friendlys and tourneys it goes like

1st chu
2nd hochi
3rd wobbles
4th-10th doesnt matter cuz i would just pick peach

Drephen

Smash Master
1. azen
2. trail
3. chu
4. meep
5. uberice
6. hozart
7. wobbles

azen is god, chu is overrated, and wobbles doesnt have talent lol j/k

Delphiki

Smash Champion
1. azen
2. trail
3. chu
4. meep
5. uberice
6. hozart
7. wobbles

azen is god, chu is overrated, and wobbles doesnt have talent lol j/k
Are you serious? I hope not, or else you have got some very bad info. Wobbles 7? Azen? I think your signature is #1. Chu is #2. ^_^

Anyways, I need vids of meep and Blues. I haven't seen them play.

chillindude829

Smash Master
assuming we don't include azen because hes the best with like 20 of the 26 characters, IMO it's nearly impossible to decide 2nd place. obviously chu is 1st; with my bias I would put meep 2nd, but I've only played chu, meep, blues and trail. meep and blues are both really good; trail was good when i last played him but that was forever ago.

also id like to remind trail that despite him beating me in a MM i ***** his **** in the tournament :) <3trail

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol trail no need for a list of accomplishments my list is longer people will always view u as second best ic i just need a good day to prove others wrong ;|.

Edit: Oh yah sorry delph i have like no vids of me except one a year ago from a crew battle and trails list is probably the most accurate according to tourney results.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Reasons like this are we need more lists. All people have different experiences, so only several complete lists (that go all the way to 10 please) will give us an accurate judgment. So far we have my list and Azn_Lep's. Keep them coming people, the more the better, as long as they are properly judged.

LuCKy

Smash Master
sorry to go off topic........dont know what tthe topoc is....anyway i dont wanna waste a threa so sombody said that ics r not making it in brawl.......*sniffle* and im sick of fox so im quiting with that animal and maining my ic,s.so all i need 2 know is how good do they do in teams i have heard so many opinions on ic,s in teams im not sure what to belive but im pplaying with them whenever i can.finally instead of asking who they do best with im gonna say that my friends play peach,jiggs,falco and fox which of them should i choose for teams?

sorry to waste ur time but plz answer

The Dude

Smash Apprentice
i still dun get why people regard domo as a good ic player his vids werent impressive -_-a i still fall asleep remembering royal vs him its just cuz hes japanese people ride on his ***.
Well, his desynching is GODLIKE. Watch some newer vids of him cuz the one against s-royal is like 2-3 years old.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
assuming we don't include azen because hes the best with like 20 of the 26 characters, IMO it's nearly impossible to decide 2nd place. obviously chu is 1st; with my bias I would put meep 2nd, but I've only played chu, meep, blues and trail. meep and blues are both really good; trail was good when i last played him but that was forever ago.

also id like to remind trail that despite him beating me in a MM i ***** his **** in the tournament :) <3trail
edited to be more realistic

Delphiki

Smash Champion
sorry to go off topic........dont know what tthe topoc is....anyway i dont wanna waste a threa so sombody said that ics r not making it in brawl.......*sniffle* and im sick of fox so im quiting with that animal and maining my ic,s.so all i need 2 know is how good do they do in teams i have heard so many opinions on ic,s in teams im not sure what to belive but im pplaying with them whenever i can.finally instead of asking who they do best with im gonna say that my friends play peach,jiggs,falco and fox which of them should i choose for teams?

sorry to waste ur time but plz answer
Lucky, please use the search. I know there are several threads covering ICs in doubles, bump those threads if you would like our opinions. And ICs out of Brawl is only a rumor, it's not confirmed nor hinted at by anyone who would know.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This topic is ridiculous, and will probably be the first one I close once I'm moderator of this room :).

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
This topic is ridiculous, and will probably be the first one I close once I'm moderator of this room :).
That may be too extreme, neal, for power rankings themselves give people goals to surpass. What should be done that tournament placing evidence should be put forth so that there isn't any argument about who may or may not be better. ^_^

This ranking can help new IC players know which players they should try and emulate, and experienced players which once they should try and surpass. :)

I'll expound on this later. Gotta run to class.

Top Bottom