• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder how Sakurai feels about the DLC Poll Reactions

Sakurai has probably made up his mind about every character already during pre production. I doubt this ballot thing was his idea, because he already sounded a little begrudging about staying post-release to work on Mewtwo. Tbh I wonder if he'll even develop the new characters personally after he greenlights them, or if he'll leave it to the staff.

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Tired of the stupid gaijins trying to tell him what to do. Hell be laughing when he just goes ahead and puts in whatever DLC he wants as was always the plan.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
He probably thinks a good amount of fans are complete idiots, with anime suggestions and suggestions of irrelevant third parties and third parties in general.
“Thanks for writing to us. I can certainly understand your interest in if third-party characters are eligible for the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot. I want to assure you that you are able to submit any video-game character for this ballot. While we are unable to guarantee your suggested character will become a Super Smash Bros. Fighter, rest assured, we do take all feedback into consideration.” - Nintendo

tldr: third parties are eligible

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Probably just glances over for a couple yucks and goes back to making whoever he was already working on. Honestly, this just looks like a publicity stunt to get all these third parties to advertise Smash for free.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Gosh. After what he has gone through, I hope he is doing alright. Sounds like it doesn't look good since he is still struggling with shoulder issues. I wonder what is gonna happen. After the DLC is done (As much as I like to be surprised with, now the Smash Ballot and possibly more is going on), I really hope he takes a vacation so that he heals up.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I hope he ignores all of the wreck it ralph votes. Biases aside, the functioning cabinet is only one of a kind, and was only made to promote the movie, movie based games that come out before the movie they're based on shouldn't count either.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Gosh. After what he has gone through, I hope he is doing alright. Sounds like it doesn't look good since he is still struggling with shoulder issues. I wonder what is gonna happen. After the DLC is done (As much as I like to be surprised with, now the Smash Ballot and possibly more is going on), I really hope he takes a vacation so that he heals up.
I doubt developing a couple of characters in 6 months is even remotely similar to, you know, develop the entire game itself. The workload it's already way less than before, I'm sure he's basically on vacation if that's all he's working on (my guess is he's already planning the next game he'll direct, who knows, maybe even NX's Smash Bros. since I feel we won't have to wait 6/7 years for it this time around, 3/4 tops).

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
I doubt developing a couple of characters in 6 months is even remotely similar to, you know, develop the entire game itself. The workload it's already way less than before, I'm sure he's basically on vacation if that's all he's working on (my guess is he's already planning the next game he'll direct, who knows, maybe even NX's Smash Bros. since I feel we won't have to wait 6/7 years for it this time around, 3/4 tops).
Well like, every installment was meant to be the last smash game. He probably intends this to be te last one as well. But the nx is going to come out and nintedo is gonna be like hey make another smash game because it'll sell. I feel like that will be the last smash game though

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well like, every installment was meant to be the last smash game. He probably intends this to be te last one as well. But the nx is going to come out and nintedo is gonna be like hey make another smash game because it'll sell. I feel like that will be the last smash game though
Smash will continue to exist until Nintendo continues to exist. In some way or the other.
The "this is the last Smash" argument is pure void on a mountain of nothingness. It's not even classifiable as oxygen.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
But Shrek is drek

Darn brogres, trying to drag down the name of us, the delightful, slightly ditzy doo bronies by producing a cheap knockoff of our name for ourselves.

But yeah, this was likely not his idea.
what?!! this made me laugh. you're a brony? Stay away from my daughter please.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Hey, you know what, they oughta make a lil' video before the next character announcement that makes references to the worst possible character choices. Either make Sakurai say them as if they're real, or some sort of manic fan giving him tons of requests at a bar or something. Something like the picks from this video. Hey, someone get Mega64 on the phone!

Top Bottom