• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I WON!!!!! Gamestop Tourney victory!!!

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I won my Tourney... and got a lame trophy. :laugh: Thanks goes to Olimar and Pikmin! The Ikes and Pits didn't expect it at all. >.>

How'd you guys do?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(PS. I actually entered 2 turneys, and only won 1. The ther winner was a guy named "Cafe," who was really tough. :dizzy:)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm not just saying this cause I didn't win, cause I was not the best smasher there and I knew I wasn't going to win from the get go, but this tournament was, by far, the worst tournament ever.

For once, I would like somebody other than a pro smasher to host a tournament...and do some research. Find out that the players probably won't want to have no choice in their controller selection, with 1 stock 1 minute matches, all items on. This is basically the reverse of what sophisticated smashing is. Major failure.

It's what to expect though, I'm surprised it wasn't free for alls.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
lost mine due to the gay nunchuck and wii mote controls also we were only allowd to use starters

edit what guy said above me is QFT X like (enter huge number here)

MrCheez

Smash Rookie
Congrats!

I didn't win unfortunately :( About 80 people participated and..........

I got 2nd place :( I was soooooo close... won my first five matches, lost my sixth to a Lucas. ARGHHHH **** YOU LUCAS! He had one stock and was at 70% when I died :( :( :( :(

I coulda won but the freaking crowd made me nervous Everyone was cheering Olimar because I was the only Olimar in the whole tournament. I had two little girls cheering "PIKMIN!! PIKMIN!!! THROW YOUR PIKMIN DONT LET THEM DIE!" while I was playing... so cute!

At one point after I beat a Link with my pikmin chain someone else yelled "TASTE THE RAINBOW LINK!!!"

Lucas is forever my mortal enemy :( Pretty exciting night though :O Playing smash in front of a crowd gives you adrenaline

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not just saying this cause I didn't win, cause I was not the best smasher there and I knew I wasn't going to win from the get go, but this tournament was, by far, the worst tournament ever.

For once, I would like somebody other than a pro smasher to host a tournament...and do some research. Find out that the players probably won't want to have no choice in their controller selection, with 1 stock 1 minute matches, all items on. This is basically the reverse of what sophisticated smashing is. Major failure.

"Sophisticated Smashing"?

luls ;)

Gr00ve

Smash Rookie
I won mine as well. ^_____^ Used Ike, but then they ended up upping the time to 2 min matches, so I was probably safe to use just about anybody.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
i ended up coming in 5th or so with pika, i lost to my friends lucas, curse him...my other friend won our tourny with pit. there was only 32 people at the tourny, not as big of a turn out as i thought it was gonna be

Bunny

Smash Rookie
i ended up coming in 5th or so with pika, i lost to my friends lucas, curse him...my other friend won our tourny with pit. there was only 32 people at the tourny, not as big of a turn out as i thought it was gonna be
I missed it. the dang thing said midnight! not 9! :(

Cpt Knee Cap

Smash Rookie
I went to a gamestop tourney... it proved nothing. No one REALLY knew how to play. ofcourse I had to use a Wiimote (never even used one before.) I advanced 2 rounds with out even using/knowing how to third jump. That just tells me that it was completely luck to who ever won.... bs tournament.

I signed up for it months ago and they told me it was a tournament for "Melee" not brawl ofcourse when I get their they tell every one its a brawl tourney and half the people leave. F^ckin gay gamestop/nintendo marketing scheme! I played it for a total of 4 mins at the tournament. I saw no similarity and no potential to live up to melee's name.

Apon bringing the game home and unlocking charaters I did notice things that could be worked on to put you above the average player. Its a decent game to me now. But still hasent given me the satisfaction of melee.

Edit: forgot to mention that at my gamestop they didnt have ANY characters unlocked. Once again GAY/TALENTLESS/SKILLLESS/BS

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I won my Gamestop's Melee tournament, which netted me a free copy of the game instead of some lame wrestler trophy :p

impulse346

Smash Cadet
yea i won mine too, but the rules were just lame. We couldn't even pick our characters, all random... I would of rather got a free copy of brawl than the trophy, lol.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
I won mine, but got the dumb trophy XD

Hope to see some of you in Chicago if I do well in the next local round!

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
yea i won mine too, but the rules were just lame. We couldn't even pick our characters, all random... I would of rather got a free copy of brawl than the trophy, lol.
I got enough $ to buy it from winning... XP

Nemar Pott

Smash Journeyman
I won mine...

All FD 2 minute matchs, only item was smash ball. I picked Wario and wrecked all my matches 4 to 1 except my final match which ended in Sudden Death and me winning :)

wish me luck for next round

Emuscles

Smash Rookie
I went to a gamestop tourney... it proved nothing. No one REALLY knew how to play. ofcourse I had to use a Wiimote (never even used one before.) I advanced 2 rounds with out even using/knowing how to third jump. That just tells me that it was completely luck to who ever won.... bs tournament.

I signed up for it months ago and they told me it was a tournament for "Melee" not brawl ofcourse when I get their they tell every one its a brawl tourney and half the people leave. F^ckin gay gamestop/nintendo marketing scheme! I played it for a total of 4 mins at the tournament. I saw no similarity and no potential to live up to melee's name.

Apon bringing the game home and unlocking charaters I did notice things that could be worked on to put you above the average player. Its a decent game to me now. But still hasent given me the satisfaction of melee.

Edit: forgot to mention that at my gamestop they didnt have ANY characters unlocked. Once again GAY/TALENTLESS/SKILLLESS/BS
so, you have autism.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Ours ended up doing 2 stock free for alls(at least for the 2 rounds I was there, went over to some peoples house after cause they were only letting people still in stay in the store till after the tourney for some reason, and I didn't preorder so yeah). Got triple teamed first round for the first half, but they all stopped, and I ended up killing all 3 at once with a foward smash from Ike lol. Lost to Deadly ' 's cousin from Ikes final smash.

Steak

Smash Rookie

from what im reading all the matches were very differently set up. the manager at the gamestop i was playing at(although hes a complete douche) said that nintendo had set up the tourneys and he had no control over the match options. It was set with a 1:00 time limit, ramdom stage select, you HAD to use the nun-chuk, and default charcters. he stressed that he had to stick to the rules because it was nintendos tournament.

from what i gather from some of these posts, the other managers didnt werent sticklers like mine was. Did anyone else get this?

i also won mine(in michigan), i used pit

TheDemonKing

Smash Rookie
I was in a 64 man tournament and I got 2nd.
I lost to somebody with the japan import. He used metaknight.
PIT Rocks

Chapstick

Smash Cadet
Sweet! I won my Tourney as well with Olimar! It was my first time playing and he was amazing! Just goes to show you "Don't Mess with the Cap'n".

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
My tournament was the weirdest (no one will match this).

63 people showed up (added 1 computer), brawl was set up in the tournament style with 64 people, we were all given numbers, and when your number was called, you entered the Gamestop and out of the 13 degree weather. A judge handed one a controller (and nunchuck) and pressed a to start. You entered the match on Battlefield with 1 minute, medium items, and you did not get to pick my character! I was Bowser, and kept being Bowser. Everytime you won or lost, you were kicked out of the Gamestop for another match and sent back into the 13 degree weather. I was beaten, with unfair item spawning, by the college student that ended up winning in the semifinals.
It was definatley weird, no sign up for kids under 18, had unfair item spawning, weird controls, and didn't get to pick my own character.

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
I went to Gamestop to check it out. I saw that it was:
1) scheduled hella late
2) only starters
3) 1-min time matches
4) Wiimote and Nunchuck
So I went home. =/

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Well my tournet experience was cool we had alot more black people then i would've expect i did'nt win but i got me some props in the final round i was Pwning with Sheik so who ever Said sheik was nerfed Eateth Mine Own Nuts

180OP

Smash Journeyman
man people here need to relax and stop *****ing. holy ****. it's like you guys are 10 yr old spoilled to the max brats who always had the silver spoon yer ****ing mouths.

relax yourselves.
it's a ****ing new game,
nintendo wants you to use the wiimote and nunchucks because they want everyone to taste their new controls for the console(DUHHH *****).
for the same reason they want you to play with ALL items
obviously it's 1 min to move the tourney on schedule. They dont want a three day tourney.

the tourney wasnt obviously going to be competitive orthodox, smashboards rules. If you didn't like the rules, then PISS OFF like my friend ZAPDOSE in this thread.

The rules were to expose as many aspects of the game and as a tourney they wanted to ADVERTISE.

personally, i would have been glad to join and play regardless of the rules, just to play and have fun. But if you didnt piss off then stop *****in about the whole ****. you cant have it both ways.

respects to the people who played the tourney, just chilled and didnt take it so seriously.
congrats to those who won or placed good.
the rest of you are whining *****es..so you get a lollipop, I dont breastfeed.

Gindler

Smash Champion
3rd/4th with yoshi. Everyone laughed when I picked him. Even though I never played brawl let alone with the wiimote and nunchuck I did pretty well. I was beat by the winner (who had a few weeks with the japanese version for sure) and everyone agreed that I was the only one in the top 4 who didn't play the game before that (you can just tell). Oh, and as for the guy that got 2 minutes to fight, you were lucky I was stuck with the one minute rule "/. For having bad rule and bad controllers it wasn't half bad.

ps: did everyone that one have japanese import experience?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I won my Tourney... and got a lame trophy. :laugh: Thanks goes to Olimar and Pikmin! The Ikes and Pits didn't expect it at all. >.>

How'd you guys do?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(PS. I actually entered 2 turneys, and only won 1. The ther winner was a guy named "Cafe," who was really tough. :dizzy:)
I Won also!

i won in aspen hill, MD. where were you?

i was charizard all the way, i didn't die once.

there were 8 brackets, the gamestop was so crowded that they had to kick people out because it was a fire hazard.

it was amazing though.

our tourney was starters only, but they unlocked ness and marth and let us use them, but some loser lost and turned off the wii and left cursing, and there was no save file so the marth guy was screwed :laugh:

but then after i won they let me unlock marth, ness, and luigi in a row becuase we played at least 20 matches after.

Top Bottom