• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wish Corrin turned into a full dragon more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
He seems to only turn into a full dragon for like...his counter and...uthrow? Anyway it's not nearly enough in my opinion. He looks badass as a dragon, and having some more moves where he just goes dragon mode would be very fun. I guess it would be a bit awkward suddenly being huge, and that's most likely why they didn't do too much with it, but it's still disappointing.

I also wish he sprouted his dragon tail to attack with, he uses fang and wings it seems, but I didn't see a single tail attack. Maybe there is one we haven't seen but for some reason I doubt it. Tails are a pretty big thing about dragons so it would be a shame if he never once uses it.

That said, I still think Corrin looks really cool and unique, and I doubt I will main them, I still plan to try them and have a lot of fun with them.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The lack of dragon transformations could also be a reference to Fates (along with it being easier to program with him not changing form). In Fates, the first Dragonstone you get has poor attack but incredible defense. This makes Corrin an amazing tank unit- there's a level where they infer that you should be using him to keep everyone else alive. If Corrin is trying to physically fight, he's better off using his sword/Dragon Fang than turning into a dragon- precisely what he's doing in Smash by using the dragon form as a Counter move (and an odd throw). Still, more dragon is always cool.

On the bright side, him not going full dragon means that he keeps a small and agile hurtbox, so that's good for us from a gameplay perspective.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
In Fates, the first Dragonstone you get has poor attack but incredible defense.
I mean possibly debatable after you promote and have a +STR modifier, but for the most part having the dragonstone equipped actually gave you more damage at the cost of your speed.

The big issue with having both is that it would undermine the removal of transformations. Which is why Zelda and Sheik are currently separate characters.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sorry but its kind of pointless to wish for things. And at the moment we don't know the entirety of his moveset, but all of his specials turn some part of his body into a dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom