• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i was thinking ( IKE TECHNIQES )

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
while i could'nt go to bed last night i thought about possible techniqes ike could have like

the falco illuision stall spike ( or the Critical Stall for ike

aether edge guard spike ( go all the way to the edge where it looks like he would fall off and ather ( yes it does have a tiny bit of horizontal movement) and he should grab the edge.

knock foe off the stage jump off towards them and side b towards the stage and spike them.

recovering could be circumstancial. if ike's air dodge is long we could

- if knocked far off stage airdodge up towards stage side b the edge

- knocked down below stage airdodge towards stage directly up b

these are things that i thought of if you have ideas tell us

thanks in advance all ike players

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea momentum dodge i know it could still work.

not the final smash aether the regular one

yes i know about metor cancel so r u telling me that spiking is useless

what do you guys think about the critical stall

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
you know about falco's illusion stall spike

well i heard ike ranger critical can spike

when an oppenent tries to reach for the edge below ike mostly while he does the stall they do there up b into ike, he spike them and they die.

i also heard that the ranger citical spikes them very hard

iron blade

Smash Ace
I don't think it would matter if you stall or not. If they hit you on their way up, they get spiked and you can use it again.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i don't understand what you sais explain in a different manner please

i know the side b travels a set amount of distance but if makes contact with someone he stops and hits them, its a little different from fox and falcos

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Ike's side b may have been tested already for the stall, since Gimpyfish and others are pro players, they may have thought of it, but I'm not sure. But Ike's up b has ZERO horizontal distance, I have no idea where you are getting this information from saying it does. >_>

This stuff will never work properly.

For one, edge stalling won't work in Brawl, you can't immediatly jump after you drop off the edge. You can only jump after so many of the invincability frames. You can't even drop off the edge immediatly in Brawl.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
You could probably just Eruption the edge when someone tries to recover. When I played it did do some damage to anyone below you. The longer you charge it the more damage and distance the explosion range covered.

You've gotta be ****ting me...
I am not. You can only drop off of the edge after so many invincability frames in Brawl. You can't even jump immediatly after the drop (But you can still do it quickly). None of these Ike techniques will work because it isn't melee.

Those of you who hoped to establish techniques and play skillfully at the bat, you have another thing coming.

Brawl really is an evolved game.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I am not. You can only drop off of the edge after so many invincability frames in Brawl. You can't even jump immediatly after the drop (But you can still do it quickly). None of these Ike techniques will work because it isn't melee.

Those of you who hoped to establish techniques and play skillfully at the bat, you have another thing coming.

Brawl really is an evolved game.
didnt gimpy say you can do it with samus/link tether

Brawl wasnt complete when the playable demo was out...so I imagine Ike was changed in one way or another

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I don't think that from the little we know about him we can really find a way to play him competitivly. I think the game will have been out for a while, and people will realize that he has some spammable move, some combo that is a 2 hit kill, ect ect. Like bowser and his fortress, although I am not too sure how long it took the bowser's of smashboards to find that, I was on Gamefaqs ;_;

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well im wierd for bringing (its been almost a month) this thread back up but i want to talk about it again :)

what about DD up smash
i think by the time ur oppenent noticed ur atking u hit (u cant be dat fast dis id brawl) idk bout that one though

what about a combooooo
omg with ike....noooooo

how bout u throw>utilt>uair>upB (or when u feel u want to be beastly u smash) idk bout this one everything could be DI'ed out of except upB

i think ranger critical will be the best tech chase move in the game (B/c the move only stops when u make contact with an object, oppenet, or their hitboxes

Top Bottom