• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want Tournament Mode too!

1FC0

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any clue when or if the 3DS will get Tournament Mode? If so please tell me what you know or think regarding this matter and optionally I would like to be informed as to how or why you know or think that.

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
There is no reason to believe 3DS will receive tournament mode. We don't have any news on this.

Given how Tournament Mode is currently, I'd much rather have something else, unless Tournament Mode gets fixed to be less awful.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Tournament Mode needs to be no items, Fox only, Final Destination!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They've not said anything about a Tournament Mode for the 3DS version. It's unknown if there's ever going to be one for it.

MLGPro1x1

Smash Rookie
NNID
MLGPro1x1
3DS FC
2406-6356-3271
I would love Tournament Mode for the 3DS! I hope Nintendo considers adding it.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Why is it bad?
This thread has some more details about what some people don't like about it, but from what I can tell, these are the main criticisms of the tournament mode in Smash Wii U as it is now:
  • No ability to create your own 1v1 tournaments.
  • No offline tournament mode.
  • Time limit for official 1v1 tournaments (3 minutes) is too short and rewards certain play styles over others.
  • Official tournaments start at designated times, even if they're full 20 minutes before then.
  • Custom moves and equipment are not separable, if customs are allowed, all players can also use equipment.
  • Supply of most popular tournament types (i.e., 1v1 stock) does not match up well with their demand, requiring people who want to enter them to usually have to wait a while.
  • Everyone in one bracket is punished if someone purposely disconnects or has connection issues.
  • No team tournaments.
Of course, your mileage may vary on how much the stuff listed above matters to you.

As for a 3DS tourney mode, I'd personally like to see it, but I'm not sure how likely it is given that tourneys were presented as a Wii U thing in the 50 Facts direct.

Last edited:

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
I feel that nintendo just moved the 3ds version on a dusty corner and it's just adding the DLC's and patches, i would love to see an improved tourney mode and then be added on the 3ds, but i don't think they will do it, which sucks. I'm not interest at all on buying a Wii U only for smash bros.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i could see them keeping tournament exclusive for the wii u and having some other mode for the 3ds if the 3ds even gets that much attention

SixthArmy

Smash Rookie
Until they fix it on Wii U 3DS won't get it. As others have said it's been pretty poorly implemented.

Most of my 1v1 regular tourney matches go to time out, you can't create 1v1 tournaments on your own, 1v1 For Glory has 15 minute wait times because it doesn't immediately start when full and it takes a long time waiting for other people's matches, and anything involving equipment (including custom glory 1v1) is reduced to whoever uses the most broken setups.

Wii U needs to have it fixed first.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think the mode will ever arrive on the 3DS version. Besides, it's more of a Wii U-exclusive feature anyway.

Top Bottom