• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i tried to fix new pork city

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678

other than putting a big X over the whole stage (:p), what suggestions do you have?

*edit: full version*

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
Truth is, I love that stage.

What's wrong with stages where everyone live forever? (though I do main lucario)

It's not just the size of it though. It's so hard to see anything that when me and my pals usually play, the whole match is basically "oh crap just jumped off the stage for no apparent reason..."

We only play it when we're doing something crazy like items on high, only explosives on, super sudden death.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh god, I hate so, so much that stage. So. ****ing. Much.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I enjoy the stage being big as it is, your's seems small.
ya see i WOULD agree, but there are a lot of annoying people that RUN on stages like NPC and hyrule temple. and to be honest, i really don't care for either stage much... it's just NPC is PATHETIC, so i thought i'd fix it ;).

it may be lamely small compared to it's old size (technically it's the same size but with platforms in different places...), but at least it isn't sh*t.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
aha it's good and small you know it's kind of cool to have a very big stage
most of the stages are small so it's not that bad to have one big stage.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
aha it's good and small you know it's kind of cool to have a very big stage
most of the stages are small so it's not that bad to have one big stage.
as long as it isn't run-able. maybe if i added a dead-end tunnel at the bottom (if it weren't dead-end it would be just like hyrule temple with runners)

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Thats actually very creative. They should have made it like that instead of that gigantic one.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Yeah, something like that would work better. I like big stages, but New Pork City is just TOO big. By a considerable amount.

They should've looked to Temple for a better idea on how to do a big stage well.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
ya see i WOULD agree, but there are a lot of annoying people that RUN on stages like NPC and hyrule temple. and to be honest, i really don't care for either stage much... it's just NPC is PATHETIC, so i thought i'd fix it ;).
I agree. One of my biggest problem with the page is that i am constanly chasing my opponenet all over the stage and it gets annoying very fast. Although i know i may be crazy for this, but one time my friends and i played tiny brawl with poison mushrooms, and even though we played 2-stock, because of everyone running about the match lasted a good 45min.lol

billywill

Smash Journeyman
The edited version looks really cool, I'd play it if it looked like that

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
new pork city is a mess... changes look cool, too bad brawl is one of those 'one version' games

Ilex

Smash Ace
I think the real solution to NPC is to get rid of the ugly mishmash of colours in the background that makes it hard to see your character,e specially when it zooms out. Your layout is an improvement though.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I like what you have, but I think you should just take the whole thing (the new version) and compress it horizontally. Except for the pass through platforms, those should just be moved closer together, dont make them shorter.

And get rid of the ******** ship, too.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Indeed this stage would be worth playing if it was smaller. 2 players isn't so bad but 4 is painful to the eyes ;<

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Get rid of the ultimate Chimera, that way I won't be overly cautious to stand on the main part of the stage of a few seconds.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Get rid of the ultimate Chimera, that way I won't be overly cautious to stand on the main part of the stage of a few seconds.
ok, INSTEAD, the chimera will plummet from the sky and will move from it's position by walking STRAIGHT TO AND OFF of the nearest edge (to its death :O). this way it's easy to see coming and easy to predict.

either that or it will plummet from the top middle of the screen right through the breakable platform and pass all the way trough the stage.

or it lands on the platform and just stands there until the platform is broken and it falls to its doom.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
maybe it can randomly chosse a player to help when it appears but it would be way less weaker and wont do like 200 damage. that's too strong. or take it out complrtly and make it into an assist trophy. OR instead of lucas's final smash mimicing ness's lucas could summon the ultimate chimera or something.

Top Bottom