• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Thinking Of A Quote...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Now don't anyone get defensive. This is a simple question, looking for a simple answer. And here it is.

When and how exactly did Sakurai say that there were going to be no more clones in Brawl?

I've been wondering this for a while now, and so far, I haven't gotten anything more solid than 'Something he said on a blog that got taken down last year.' Surely with all the arguing about htis subject, someone must have recorded this somehow. A quote in an old forum post, perhaps?

Clones being the hot topic of the week, I think we could all benefit from knowing exactly what was said, Sakurai's amorphous grasp of the language nonwithstanding.

Also, how about other commonly argued 'promises'? Such as 'More Female rep' or 'All characters returning?'

I guess the real reason I'm making this thread is because I've heard the word 'promise' thrown around a lot, and it's getting on my nerves.

CubPwnzAll

Smash Rookie
I think you've got a good point, I saw the blog, and it was very "unofficial." Plus I was amazed some nameless guy with a blog got to talk to the man making the most profitable game for Nintendo in a loooong time, mid-development. Anyone?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Never

He never said it.
He never did said it.
And if he's working on SSB4 in the future, he probably will never said.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He never said ANY of that. That was just people twisting or assuming that things he hinted or didnt say at all would mean something else or be true.

Clones =/= bad. Clones bring a different flavor to the movesets of other characters. How is that bad? Ganondorf will play completely differently than Falcon still, as he did in melee, Falco will play differently than Fox. very differently. As WW Link will play differently than Link.

People, stop assuming and twisting things. See where this lead the boards?

Sigh.

Top Bottom