• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I've discovered something

Status
Not open for further replies.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Warning Received
Hello guys. I was playing around and practicing turnaround cancelling and some stuff with Fox. Then I wanted to do a combo that uses a pivot tilt attack, but instead, I pressed B by accident, and something pretty interesting happened, Fox was shooting his laser and sliding a fair distance at the same time! Sorry if this is an already discovered technique. But it was like a grounded wavebouncing, Fox and Marth seem to travel the farthest (I haven't tried all the characters). The thing is, I did something like this :GCR: :GCB::GCL: Is this new or it was already discovered? Anyway, sorry if you already knew this (BTW I discovered this in the 3DS version)

Loki

Smash Apprentice
So simple, so obvious, yet so intersting. Nice find. We've been using pivot tilts and pivot grabs for so long... I personally never tought about pivot Neutral-B. Not every character can use this effectively... but some others may, for example, Marth and Lucina.

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
Might be more useful (if possible) with Falco maybe, since his stuns?

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Oh really? O,O well, I must say that Marth's shieldbreaker can be very useful with this (I'm going to call it reverse B dash or something like that) Toon Link get a decent boost of speed with it so it can be used for long distance uncharged arrows, and Fox can approach a little to his oponents...

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Might be more useful (if possible) with Falco maybe, since his stuns?
I tried with Falco as soon as I discovered it, it seems that B attacks that cancels momentum like Falco's blaster doesn't work too well with this technique :/

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
This is interesting. I am going to try to see if i can get this to work in a lil bit

Hopefully I can slide with Palu Neutral B <.<

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I's sounding kind of like that sliding down smash that's been recently discovered?

Last edited:

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Well, It's hard to know the utility of this with a stationary CPU in training, this is some kind of pseudo-wavedash, maybe in battles with lot of movements and reactions we can see some use of this?

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
it's sounding kind of like that sliding down smash recently discovered?
Well, yes, but the speed boost depends on the character, the better users of this are Fox and Marth as far as I've seen

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Maybe these sliding attacks is a new subset of techniques? The all seem to involve turning after a dash, then executing them a bit after turning. It also allows for sliding spot dodges. Stuff @Reserved and I were trying out yesterday with our kirbies.

This whole sliding thing when dashing and turning sort of like like easier to input DACUS, except with more things that can utilize it. At least it looks that way to me. Down Smash, B moves it seems, and spot dodging.

Last edited:

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
I hope so.. anyway I think this is useful for some things. I mean, I'm paying with some CPUs and if you do a pivot tilt (Then the character goes behind you) and then do this kind of reverse B dashing you can get closer to the target and then follow up with any attack, it's pretty situational but it can work (At least for me) BTW: Can anyone test if this works on Wii U version?

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
I hope so.. anyway I think this is useful for some things. I mean, I'm paying with some CPUs and if you do a pivot tilt (Then the character goes behind you) and then do this kind of reverse B dashing you can get closer to the target and then follow up with any attack, it's pretty situational but it can work (At least for me) BTW: Can anyone test if this works on Wii U version?
I will in a moment.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
We were doing our stuff on the Wii U version, it's pretty much the same thing, If a character uses a move that doesn't cancel momentum they'll slide. Now it's up to people to test what moves work the slide with it and what doesn't.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Some jabs and D-tilts work with your technique, since I read that post I've been experimenting with it, and now we can confirm that at least some Neutral B attacks work aswell :)

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
The thing is, I did something like this :GCR: :GCB::GCL: Is this new or it was already discovered? Anyway, sorry if you already knew this (BTW I discovered this in the 3DS version)
The description sounds more like you did a pivot standing special:
:GCR:(1 frame) + :GCL: (1 frame) + :GCB:

^ That gives a small slide to some characters, the way you posted it would probably end up in a B-reverse where Fox would just stay pretty much where he is and turn and fire.

Does that sound about right or is it something else (hard to tell without video and such).

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
The description sounds more like you did a pivot standing special:
:GCR:(1 frame) + :GCL: (1 frame) + :GCB:

^ That gives a small slide to some characters, the way you posted it would probably end up in a B-reverse where Fox would just stay pretty much where he is and turn and fire.

Does that sound about right or is it something else (hard to tell without video and such).

Well, if that works as I explained it in the post (Sliding while shooting) yes. xD sorry if I described the button input wrong.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
We're gonna need some videos soon cause I'm juggling between two things I think are it and I can't tell.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It sounds to me like you're just using the blaster out of a perfect pivot. Which would be the general inputs @ T0MMY T0MMY described (though the initial direction can be more than one frame).

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408

TL?

Smash Ace
This is already a technique known as "B reverse". If you press the opposite direction you're facing immediately after inputting a special move then you will turn around, and in a lot of cases reverse your momentum as well. You are dashing and then B reversing your neutral B.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
Well, I think it was a false alarm after all... sorry for dissapointing you guys :(

EDIT: Or is it?...

This is already a technique known as "B reverse". If you press the opposite direction you're facing immediately after inputting a special move then you will turn around, and in a lot of cases reverse your momentum as well. You are dashing and then B reversing your neutral B.
But the B reverse it's different, as far as I know B reversing is only the action of doing a B attack at your opposite direction, it can be used in the air and also can be transformed into wavebouncing when you're in the air.

In my case, I'm making a B reverse and at the same time making a pivot dashing, so it's a mix of both worlds, I shared my video of it here at the comments.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm not entirely sure which you're referring to so I'll just break it down.

This is a perfect pivot:

This is a B reverse:

Both are already known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom