• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I've discovered a trick...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Well, as we all know, Falco will grab the ledge anytime he's falling during FireBird. This means that you can do it from on the stage, just a little off the ground. Basically, you jump, then hit UP B right away, then angle you control stick so that if it were a compass, it would be southwest-west/east-east. This is because 1) You won't bounce from the 45 degree angle, and 2) you will be falling and not completely sideways. What it should look like is that you are a few inches off the ground (to scale), then you firebird off the edge and catch it IMMEDIATELY.

I don't know what this is useful for but it's fun to watch.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Usefulness? I'd say non-existent. Since it's an edgehog move, wavedashing would be faster.

mathos

Smash Champion
Yea its been known but the reason why you don't see it is because its impractical and risky if you misjudge the distance.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
You'll get so many style points for pulling this off that the opponent will have no choice but to surrender to your almighty wim.

Seriously though, this isn't new at all. I've been using it for a while, oft killing myself, with Pikcachu, Pichu, Fox and Falco. Not in anyway pratical mind you, but sexy regardless. You can off hand perform a similar trick with Link/Y. Link's and Bowser's Up B by the edge, but for another time perhaps.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
You'll get so many style points for pulling this off that the opponent will have no choice but to surrender to your almighty wim.

Seriously though, this isn't new at all. I've been using it for a while, oft killing myself, with Pikcachu, Pichu, Fox and Falco. Not in anyway pratical mind you, but sexy regardless. You can off hand perform a similar trick with Link/Y. Link's and Bowser's Up B by the edge, but for another time perhaps.
Maybe you're thinking of something else, because Pikachu needs to be facing the ledge. I'm talking about starting FROM (on top of) the stage and sliding along the edge onto the ledge and grabbing it. I can get a video up it it really needs to be done.

leechy9

Smash Cadet
ya, ive seen that before. theres only one problem with it though, if u hit it at a angle thats slightly off by like 6 or 7 degrees, then your dead. it happens cause he bounces back and your gonna b di-ing in the direction of the ledge. and he wont b able to grab because u arent facing the edge.

Top Bottom