• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I still don't see why Falcon has an advantage over Squirtle.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've wondered this for quite a long time. I tried talking about it here in the Falcon boards and I couldn't really get a straight answer. I tried over at the PT boards on how they felt about fighting Falcons and found out nothing useful. I've tried to bring the subject up on the Character Match-Up thread, and I always get ignored.

I've got the hardest time against Charizard, to be honest though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon loses to Squirtle for sure. Squirtle has everything Falcon doesn't like. He's small, has very good priority, good grab range, and an illogical D-throw that kills at like 130% or something insane like that. Plus, he has water gun which can harass telegraphed recoveries.

Bleh, now that I've played Falcon enough, I think he does have the advantage over Ganondorf.

Both are fairly good at ledgeguarding, but Ganondof gets a lot more easily gimped by Falcon than the other way around.

Ganondorf has a little more priority, better combos, and better kill moves, however Falcon can outrun his Wizard's foot and Forward B. If he completely whiffs either, Falcon is one of the better characters at punishing those attacks due to being able to keep up in terms of speed.

On a more minor note, Ganondorf is also really tall, so he actually can get hit by Falcon's N-air not to mention his other aerials more easily than usual, which have varying usefulness depending on how tall the enemy is.

Also I would say in this particular matchup, Falcon's autocanceled D-air to Knee is more useful than the D-air combos Ganondorf has. Because Ganondorf has very short recovery, he really does not want to get hit by the Knee.

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted here... Falcon's suckiness has really taken me away from Brawl. But I return to the boards to see what is happening now and then.

One thing that piqued my interest is Falcon's mystery C ranking on the Character Ranking thread. Is this a fluke? If not, he might not be worse than Ganon after all.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Is this a cruel joke?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
It's because he's the worst character that so many people are playing as him, to try and prove others wrong.
So what? That list is partially based on popularity (hence why Snake and Meta are so high), but if nobody used Falcon, he'd never move up.

How are "so many" people playing as him? The Falcon forums dont' have too many active member, and not all of them go to tourneys. He isn't even almost as popular as Meta, Snake, DDD, Falco, etc.

To summarize: You're logic sucks. kthx.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted here... Falcon's suckiness has really taken me away from Brawl. But I return to the boards to see what is happening now and then.

One thing that piqued my interest is Falcon's mystery C ranking on the Character Ranking thread. Is this a fluke? If not, he might not be worse than Ganon after all.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Is this a cruel joke?
It doesn't match the details section, so is the details section not up to date? (it shows him at the very bottom of E rank)

Anyways, whether or not he's winning tons of tournaments isn't something to worry over; it won't make your Falcon any better.

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't match the details section, so is the details section not up to date? (it shows him at the very bottom of E rank)

Anyways, whether or not he's winning tons of tournaments isn't something to worry over; it won't make your Falcon any better.
That's true. Unless they posted vids and whatnot. Probably won't last/someone using Falcon/snake or something.

Anyway, I just got excited over a game that's dying pretty rapidly anyway. I don't think I'll ever lose hope with Smash, because of Melee. A weakness of mine I suppose - to put any more faith into that rotten Sakurai.

Top Bottom